1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why do I still feel cold?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by John Smith, Mar 17, 2017.

1. John Smith

John Smith New Member

I still find that I cannot go naked for many hours in about 50-60 degrees fahrenheit. Being outside for half an hour is one thing but being able to study outside in the cold for hours is a different story. I am a college student and find that I have to wear a couple of layers if I want to study otherwise I cannot concentrate with the cold air and wind blowing onto me. Will it help if I do cold thermogenesis in cold water? I have only done cold showers so far. Can you all be naked outside for hours in 50-60 degrees or you still wear clothes?

2. John Smith

John Smith New Member

I want to be productive outside and learn things but be naked outside in the cold.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You may need to look into:
    selenium
    Lugols
    Cortisol(AM)
    FreeT3
    Vit D
    Total cholesterol

Richelle Jones likes this.
  4. Mitchell97

Mitchell97 Silver

Need a high electric current to repel cold sensation and also need your mitochondria to oscillate at 100hz to burn fat as heat (uncouple) in an environment where it's needed, and they can only do that when you're cell membranes aren't screwed :)

Brent Patrick likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And your thyroid mitochondria have to be coherent with those cell membranes ^^^^^^

Brent Patrick and Mitchell97 like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

All these systems have to be yoked by circadian biology and by entangled electrons in oxygen and DHA, sulfated vitamin D and retinol connections.

Brent Patrick and Mitchell97 like this.
  7. Mitchell97

Mitchell97 Silver

Learn something new every day ^_^ thanks Jack.

8. I realize this is an old thread but thought I would chime in. I find as long as it is not cloudy I am able to go shirtless, even when it is 33 degrees out. In the shade I'm uncomfortable, but in direct sunlight I feel very warm. Are you in direct sunlight? I feel like it has something to do with the IR light from the Sun.

drezy likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

I started around 7:30 AM in 33º weather with clear direct sun and I wasn't just shirtless. So yep. I agree. When you stop acting like a clothed zoo animal the sun takes care of the warmth.

Scott Hardin likes this.
  10. I'll try just shorts! Really, this gets more exciting every day. It feels as if the most basic truth has been hidden from us - perhaps on purpose!

I remember reading that Celtic warriors went into battle naked, and that St. Patrick, as a slave in Ireland, was forced to tend to the sheep while naked. This seemed outlandish to me before. Now it seems as though our superpowers have been deliberately hidden from us.

Do you find you're still OK on a very cloudy day? Even at 60 degrees under thick clouds, I'm not very comfortable.

drezy likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

60 and cloudy works fine for me I think thanks to 1 - 1.5 years of cold tub cold adaption. Keep in mind that more light comes through the could than is in the visual spectrum.

If it gets down to 50 & lower I will often find or make an area in the sun sheltered from wind.

I'm also planning a small structure built with this because I have a goal to be outside every single morning this year:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Suntuf-...onate-Roofing-Panel-in-Clear-101699/100049922

12. Love it. Next question is can you get similar panelling that does not block UV rays?

I'm at the point in my journey now that if I get sun in the AM I have ZERO depression. In fact my mood is so good it feels like I'm on something. One week of clouds though and my light boxes are barely keeping me out of the psychiatrist's office. (I'm exaggerating, but barely)

13. drezy

drezy Gold

Well, you can guarantee that I'll be hauling each type sheet available outside with a UV meter. I can report back if you'd like.

You may find this previous post a good start:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...he-wants-to-do-right.21506/page-8#post-253969

Also I just sent a message to the folks who wrote this article requesting a list of known UV transmitting plastic sheeting:
    https://oawhealth.com/article/facts-of-light/

There are some cool John Ott mentions in there.

I'm so happy to hear that that you just made my day.

I don't know much about the guy, but someone once told me the heart crushing story behind Wim Hoff's usage of the cold. Holy shit! If you ever read or listen to that account *Warning* only do so in the sun. It's as crushing as it is powerful.

14. "I don't know much about the guy, but someone once told me the heart crushing story behind Wim Hoff's usage of the cold. Holy shit! If you ever read or listen to that account *Warning* only do so in the sun. It's as crushing as it is powerful."

Wim's story is VERY, VERY powerful.

I did the Wim Hoff Method about 4 years ago and it felt like a neat trick - I could walk barefoot in the snow for example. However, I was living somewhere with beautiful views of nature, but ZERO direct sunlight. I was always sick, always depressed. The breathing exercises were torture with a permanent sinus infection. I'm about to get back into it now.

I've been 8 months without antibiotics for a sinus infection which is the longest I have ever been in my 42 years. I think my higher vitamin D status helps AND I suspect that UV irradiates the blood and Red and NIR are helping my body regenerate damaged tissues.

Can't wait to try WHM again when deep breathing doesn't feel like razor blades cutting through my sinuses.

Also - I now realize that Wim does so much of his actual work outside that he likely doesn't even realize the importance of the sun.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The breathing exercises were torture with a permanent sinus infection.
    =======================

Where do you live? Air quality there?
    I used to live in Poland. Permanent sinus problems.
    They have not changed after my surgery for deviated septum, there.
    But went off permanently when I moved to a clean air of New York City.
    Latter New Jersey,

Once I went to Hawaii.
    And am sorry that I did that. Was not able to breath there.

16. I live in Atlanta, pollen capital of the USA; However, I think my issues were 1) lack of sunlight and 2) mold and mildew. Most homes here have basements and nearly all are damp. 1.5 years ago I moved to a condo and Im on the 3rd floor… terrible for EMF but the first place I've lived in 20 years that is 100% dry.

I've been offered sinus surgery numerous times, but I've never met anybody it helped.

drezy likes this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

C'mon it's probably helped afford many a Mercedes!

Scott Hardin likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Mold and mildew should not hurt people who see lots of sun.
    New Orleans are under sea water level, I bet there is a tons of mold there, yet Jack likes it.

.................... upload_2018-11-21_16-52-19.png

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

Also how many HEPA filters did your deep ancestors have running in each room of their cave? You look that up and I'll double check how many the Hadza traditionally keep running.

20. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

For some reason since relocating from Canada to Georgia 40 years ago, I never developed the very common sinus problems. People kept saying, just wait 7 years and you'll suffer, too. BUT, just last August I got my first sinus infection ever -- after plane travel. It was very unpleasant (I finally learned empathy!) and I tried a number of ineffective remedies for weeks. Finally, the thing that worked was rinsing my sinuses religiously, three times a day, then twice, now once a day (maintenance) with a baking soda and sea salt mixture (1 tsp each in a quart of distilled water). The immovable 'goop' in those inside cavities flanking my nose was gone the third day and stayed gone after about 2 weeks. I use the linked apparatus but there are many that work similarly. https://smile.amazon.com/Neilmed-Si...37492&sr=8-6&keywords=sinus+bottle+rinse&th=1 (Unfortunately I don't know if a dev. septum would contraindicate this method?) Last week I took another plane trip, used the Humidiflyer while traveling (thanx to this site) and the sinus rinse later -- NO sinus issues this time! Hopefully, never again.

Phosphene, JanSz and drezy like this.