1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

why do i have to pee a TON when i CT?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by rlee314, Oct 31, 2014.

1. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

I'm sure this has been discussed before, so forgive me for asking again...I was getting some CT today-in the ocean. cool day here, cooler waters since seasons are changing. i was shivering multiple times. I wasn't drinking much water while i was at the beach, but every time i was in the ocean i would have to urinate multiple times.
    I remember Dr. Kruse saying something like the body is getting rid of 'old' electron spent water? or something like that? maybe?

2. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

From TENSEGRITY #5

sjoshua, rlee314 and nicld like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You have to read the blogs guys...........I don't write them hoping the material gets into your head by passive diffusion. Things do not work like this.

rlee314 and Danco3636 like this.
  4. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

thank you ssj3 (and dr. kruse, for the comment) for the specific blog reference. i knew i had read it before.
    i do/am reading the blogs...just not always retaining the info immediately. for me--when i read T5 and then actually experienced something that was mentioned in the blog, it clicked. i just needed the reference and reminder of where i had read it. pretty cool experiencing something...essentially 'proof'.

caroline and nicld like this.
  5. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I have related questions - forgive me if I missed the answer in a later blog.

From Cold Thermogenesis the Protocol

In what way does it affect thirst? increases it? decreases it?

Why the limit of 32 oz?

Josh (Paleo Osteo) and rlee314 like this.
  6. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

curious as well, da-mo

7. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

so...maybe the urinating during CT had to do w/CT...or, maybe it was the 1st sign/symptom of pregnancy?!

i'll start a journal--been meaning to for a whlie now. lots to say...very surprised and perplexed to say the least regarding the pregnancy.

Inger and fitness@home like this.
  8. Jude

Jude Gold

ssj3 nailed the most likely cause imho.
    It would be most surprising if indeed it was a first S&S of pregnancy.....am sure the "frequency'' would have been noted prior to CT...and post CT.:)

9. sebbie

sebbie New Member

I also urinate a lot during CT; I thought it was because CT makes you go "Pee Pee Pee"

JMO likes this.
  10. good questions

11. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

From a webinar I think Jack said that the cold stimulates thirst because your body senses the cold, assumes a better water supply is available (colder low-dense higher oxygen water) and starts dumping lesser quality water in preparation to receive the better stuff.

Still no answer on the 32oz limit though.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Lahelada and SCRN2007 like this.
  12. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Firstly, let's get the actual observations clarified.

For myself, just being in a cold environment increases the need to pee, but does not increase thirst at all while the cold stimulus is active, and thirst does not come back after the cold stimulus is lost.

"Cold environment" here includes just simply cold air. Example: I was walking around Tokyo in admitted was shorts and then a T-shirt plus jacket. It was around 2-13C most days, and I was basically stopping every hour to get to the toilet. I'd drinking 1.5L of water in the morning, and then end up pissing out 2.5L by lunch time (approx 5 trips to the toilet)

I personally do not see an increase in perceived thirst moving from a cold environment to a warm environment either. Never really felt like drinking too much after getting out of a cold tub or cold ocean. I'd feel thirsty something like 2 hours after, but how much that is due to the loss of cold stimulus I do not know.

----

What is the Ideal Mechanism?

Again, my mind wants to play god for a little while and see how I would construct biology if I wanted to create an energy efficient world.

From an energetics perspective, having as little water as possible, which is ideally 100% charge-separated, stuck in micro-tubules while performing quantum mechanical effects, is going to lead to the most energy efficient state.

If you ask me, the line of causality goes:

(1) Cold stimulus presents itself. Energy goes up systemically.

(2) "More energy" with respect to cold stimulus refers to greater magnetic effects, but the end goal is basically more hydrophilic proteins

(3) More hydrophilic proteins imply smaller distances between all components. Smaller distances imply less space for water relative to before the cold stimulus was presented.

(4) Water that cannot charge-separate literally gets "squeezed out" of the collagen matrix, ends up in plasma, and gets filtered out of the body by the kidneys.

(5) Charge-separated water tends to stay charge separated until a "stressor" comes in to destroy the EZ water sheets. The body probably doesn't need extra water for awhile after an energy-additive action, while is probably why I don't see thirst rise after awhile.
    So long as the collagen matrix remains tight, the body literally needs less water to function compared to a looser state (which is probably the baseline state, and you need to take specific actions like CT to constrict the matrix some more). Drinking extra water in this scenario is not useful.

-----
    Refeed Mechanism

With insulin-spiking protein or carb refeeds, I find a simultaneous increase in thirst and in the need to pee.

Though this new lens, I view thirst as the drive to acquire more water as a direct result of the SIMULTANEOUS:

(a) increase in cellular information signalling between components

(b) increase in structured water in particular components, which allow for sensing of energetic gradients (Onsager's Relation). These gradients get relayed to the water balance sensors of the brain (PVN and then pituitary)​

With actions like CBD oil, nicotine gum, and bitter melon extract, I suspect the net effect to be an increase in respiratory uncoupling, which then leads to IR light generation to increase the EZ of water around the mitochondria and adjacent macroscopic components. This addresses point (b) above.

I then think that (b) can feedback onto (a), so basically you have increases in structured water increasing the ability to push light and electric signals through that now charge-separated water.

I think the additional benefit of transient protein/carb refeeding also has is that insulin potentially makes cell membranes more fluid and receptive to oscillations. This bolsters point (a) above.

I then view the need to pee as how much non-structured water you need to get rid off from the blood plasma.

We can then create the concept of "EZ water turnover rate". A successful refeed for me as always been measured by more water loss than increase in thirst. ie: I can satisfy my thirst, and still end up losing more water over time (this is a loss of mass).

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yew, when I was a kid, people just didn't drink as much water as they do now. Water glasses were smaller. So were the bathrooms, lol!

Today you can go to a fast-food restaurant and watch people down huge tumblers of soda. Then they go back for seconds. And maybe refill a third time to take with them. I know, because I used to do that too. People are desperate for water, they just don't realize it. And they don't realize what they are drinking won't help much.

SCRN2007 and Linz like this.
  14. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Soda .... :confused:o_O:rolleyes:

That made me think of 2 added points to make regarding my last post.

(1) Carbs make you retain extracellular water. (though I don't know the exact mechanism)

(2) If you're not pissing like a racehorse in the cold, then it's likely an indicative of inability to uncouple metabolism.

Da-mo and Danny like this.
  15. Linz

Linz Gold

2 - Or a sign you are already cold-adapted with good collagen and structured water and don't have a lot of non-structured water to lose??

Danny and SeaHorse like this.
  16. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Could be ;) Especially if you live in a place with a constant cold stimulus, and you don't shy away from it (even sleeping in a cold bedroom and breathing cold air all night is a significant cold stimulus).

Danny likes this.
  17. Linz

Linz Gold

Yew
    Following Sally's comment, in my sport bathroom provision used to be a hole in the ground inside a flapping tent somewhere in the furthest corner and it was a bad day when you had to use the facilities. Now a row of portaloos is a big priority for organisers (maybe more for the ladies!!). Now I see my children's generation running for a pee at every opportunity and so many have IBS too. When I was a student none of us even knew it might exist.

18. nicld

nicld Gold

Hmmm sometimes I have to go a couple if times while CTing for 2 hours and sometimes not. Very interesting thread.

19. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

To get rid of our cell's lousy water in the hopes that we will replace it with better, fresher water.
    Kind of like detoxing I think(?)

rlee314 likes this.