1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why do circadian cycles matter to humans? Should we pay deep attn to them?

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

For any organism to function properly, it must control the timing of its biological functions. That is why all higher organisms, from plants to insects, reptiles, birds and mammals, and even some lower unicellular forms of life such as bacteria, have developed an internal biological clock over millions of years. In humans, the master clock of all the body’s biological clocks is located in the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus.

Therefore, they are designed to be rigid and tied to the light cycle and to the magnetic resonance of the earth. There is a big problem for modern humans. Those two axis have been radically altered in the last 100 years and our brain's control of both has been lost and the proof of it is ubiquotious. This is why 90% of Americans have hypothyroidism and many other hormone issues. This is a very important post. It is foundational for any one who comes to this site to learn. It is where all biology goes bad. It is not just a biochemical story.......it is a story of the loss of control of the cell cycle by the epigenetic signals that control our biology.

Yes, you must pay attn to them. For evolution to work, a cell first must adapt to its environment. So the first thing a cell would see in an earth day is a period of day and night. It also has to eat to make energy and it also has to control its own cellular division. So in essence the circadian cycle has to “yokeâ€￾ to the metabolic cycle and its growth cycle. When it is night time, the cell becomes more reduced chemically and electrically. The chemical reduction is measured in something call TAN. (total adenine nucleotides) The electrical reduction is measured by something called the zeta potential.

During a low redox time, cells are usually recycling their components using autophagy. During the day while energy is being made to explore the environment, the cell is more oxidized because of increased leakiness of the mitochondria. Another interesting coupling occurs between the circadian cycle with the cell cycle. They are linked via the PER 1 and PER 2 genes. PER 2 directly effects the cell cycle in mitosis.

Mitosis is the phase in the cell that occurs just before cell division to generate an offspring. The mammalian period 2 gene plays a key role in tumor growth in mice; mice with a mPER2 knockout show a significant increase in tumor development and a significant decrease in apoptosis (levee 19). This is thought to be caused by mPER2 circadian deregulation of common tumor suppression and cell cycle regulation genes, such as Cyclin D1, Cyclin A, Mdm-2, and Gadd45α, as well as the transcription factor c-myc, which is directly controlled by circadian regulators through E box-mediated reactions. This means that sleep is tied directly into to cell cycle functioning and directly into cell mediated immunity at some level. It appears that sleep directly effects the chronic diseases of aging and likely plays a role in all neolithic disease such as cancer development.

This information is foundational for anyone looking to reverse illness.

Many people here talk about IF and sleep. Few seem to understand they are both linked directly to the signals that control the circadian cycle. Those two signals are adenosine levels and alpha waves in the brain. These alpha waves come from magnetic cells in the SCN that are in complete resonance frequency with the earth's magnetic field. This is called Schumann resonance. The frequency of it is 7.83 hz and alpha waves at the SCN also resonante at the exact same frequency. This epigenetic signal is codified by the cells that control circadian cycles. Just as we pay attn to light and day we also pay attn to the earth's zeta potential.

Few realize that the final common pathway for sleep and IFing are the AMPk pathway (monitors TAN levels), adenosine, and alpha wave generation of the SCN. When ATP breaks down as we live our life, it ends up in AMP after hydrolysis. Then it breaks down further to inosine, hypoxanthine and xanthine, all of which also stimulate adenosine to replenish ATP. This is what should happen if our SCN is fine tuned to light and alpha waves. Melatonin levels tell us how yoked that system is in a human. In modern life rarely is it yoked for another ubiquitous reason I will be covering this year in my EMF Rx.

Adenosine opens the door to sleep but the alpha waves created in the SCN have to be present at the right time to allow it recycle ATP and our proteins. Timing is critical. This is why circadian biology trumps all the biochemistry. Alpha waves are the guardian of circadian cycling in the brain. When it is off all biochemistry is off in every cell because this cycle is wired to the growth and metabolic cycle of all cells.They are linked via the PER 1 and PER 2 genes. PER 2 directly effects the cell cycle in mitosis. I hope this helps you understand how powerfully important this is. This is foundational biology for my Quilt document at my site.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

EMF is one of the fastest ways to destroy chronobiology:

Lesson one:
    https://www.facebook.com/jack.kruse/posts/464658416931631?comment_id=4438883&notif_t=share_comment

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

so which blog are you dropping hints to here??? Sleep or EMF? you've been dropping Mitochondrial RX hits for a couple of weeks.... following the oyster shells

4. SueC

SueC New Member

I can't connect to this. Can anyone else?

5. endless

endless New Member

I can't either...

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Friend him on FB if you already haven't

7. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

We're all following the oyster shells here [​IMG] . These kind of posts are likely dropped in this way for a reason. Gives us time to prepare...

Time to go eat some more seafood and fuel my brain.

8. curves64

curves64 Silver

I get "page not found" when I click on the link.

9. curves64

curves64 Silver

Is this why you said in the QA last night that San Francisco may be one of the worst places to live (I'm paraphrasing. I don't remember your exact words)?

10. freesia

freesia Old Member

Cold adptation raises zeta potential in itself, if I am reading the research correctly?
    My n=1: Adding earthing to my icebath immediately intensified the tingling I've mentioned in the CT forum, and heightened the sensitivity of the cold receptors. In a good way.
    Reduction pathways, and means of enabling them, all work together.

That's a great post [​IMG] Helps to explain the inter-connectedness of the protocols here, as much as it's describing what's foundational for reversing illness
    (Though that link doesn't work for me either.)

11. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Dr. K...what do you think of brain "balancing" machines...neurofeedback etc. It seems to me that you can't really extract one element out of the total picture. I know I feel better when I have used this technology, but I wasn't linking it to circadian rhythms so my timing would have negated a lot of the potential effect.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

JK is a master at dropping hints here there and everywhere ..... slowly amping us up for the R/X ...... his master plan in action me thinks[​IMG]

13. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Ann, how did you add earthing to the tub?

14. freesia

freesia Old Member

Hey Darleen.
    Well it turns out our cold tap is earthed. [​IMG] We have metal pipes and my husband measured the resistance between the tap and our mains earth with an ohm meter....err don't ask me what that is exactly.
    So, with a metal clip on the cold tap attached by wire to an earthing wrist band ($5 from an electronics store) ...you're earthed.
    He made a couple for the bedroom too....they're bands which have long stretchy, spiral, plastic coasted wires attached to a plug which is modified to connect to "earth" only and not the mains. they're plugged into a socket and turned off, because you don't need the switch to be turned on to connect to earth.
    I can only tolerate earthing in the bath right now. Mitochondria, and detox support minerals need more work before I can fully earth.
    It works though. I promise. [​IMG]
    Have tried not to give too much thought to what anyone might think when they walk into our bedroom and see these wired up wristbands hanging off the headboard!
    Anne.

15. diane

diane Gold

Ok, something must be sinking in because that wasn't quite as overwhelming as I thought it would be. Thanks Anna K for posting!

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Your bedroom - that is so cool ....God knows what family, friends, neighbours are saying about you two!! You must be so proud!! If they ask - you should just grin secretively and let them make their own conclusions!

17. freesia

freesia Old Member

LOL. Oh, they can conclude what they like! [​IMG] This time next year they may just be grounded too.
    My Weston A Price Foundation chapter people sent an email a few days ago advising everyone to ground/earth. And not to spare the horses! (Words to that effect.)
    My guess is that Dr Kruse knows why the WAPF are onto this.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

so - what do you think I can do? I am in an apartment? Do you have an earthing sheet and pad?

19. maggie

maggie New Member

@Ann:So why do you think WAPF is onto earthing now? Something urgent? (Earth, Jeems,and don't spare the horses!)
    I'd like to piggyback on Caroline's question above -- what do we apartment dwellers do?

20. endless

endless New Member

I was just looking at a website that sells earthing products, and it sounds like there would be no problem using them in an apartment if you are plugging them into the ground of an outlet. Take a look at the FAQs on this site. It seems to depend on whether or not you have grounded outlets.

http://earthingcanada.ca/pages/FAQ/14