1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why CT?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Aili, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Aili

Aili New Member

I can understand that cold causes the use of body resources for survival. I've been paleo, with pastured dairy, for almost one year, have lost weight, feel good, etc. and on MDA I first saw reference to CT. But I don't get it and feel frightened over the possibility of jumping (or easing my bod) into a tub full of cold water. It feels like water torture! Could someone please point me in the right direction to learn more?

2. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

Here's the link to the first post in Dr. Kruse's CT series. If you read his CT series, you'll get it (though you might need to read it more than once to fully understand - I did): http://jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-1-theory-to-practice-begins/http://jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-1-theory-to-practice-begins/

3. differentstory

differentstory New Member

Read the benefits thread. http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?347-Symptoms-I-ve-not-seen-on-here-before-Post-unusual-CT-symptoms-benefits

I don't even think we know all of the benefits yet, but there seem to be a ton.

Reduction/Elimination of Pre-Existing Aches and Pains

Hormone Therapy

Appetite Suppressant

Ability to Survive Long-Term in an Avalanche :)

Elimination of Muscle Sorness After Exercise

Weight Loss

Skin Tightening

Ability to Cause Shock and Awe in Family and Friends

Increased Strength

Those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head and that I've seen a lot of talk about (n = many) - except of course for the avalanche one!

4. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

I think the reality is - this is so cutting edge, we don't exactly know -

i'm mainly doing it for:

-get rid of stubborn WAT

-increase BAT so maintaining weightloss will be easier

-increase muscle definition

-the cool factor, look what I can do!

5. differentstory

differentstory New Member

[QUOTE=villjamur_stevenson;8452

-the cool factor, look what I can do!

Love it! Me too. HA!

And the avalanche scenario. . .you just never know.

6. Aili

Aili New Member

I love the answers! I'd love to look cool and brag at what I can do, and be comforted that I could live under a pile of snow for a while....love it;)

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ultimate health, longevity, and avoidance of neolithic disease......how is that for a trifecta? And add in unreal athletic performance to boot.

8. LinD

LinD New Member

Happy Dance ensues....

9. LinD

LinD New Member

I love the intangible of doing something I really don't want to do---it's hard, BUT---- after you start it, you realize it's not so bad. Then you find yourself doing it again and again. Then you figure out how to make it colder and colder. Now that's just not normal right? Anyway, that's what happens when you're hooked. We need to suffer some, but it's worth it.

I've found I am doing some of the things I've procrastinated/avoided, so.... it's all good! (See Jack's message #7: Ultimate health, longevity, and avoidance of neolithic disease......how is that for a trifecta? And add in unreal athletic performance to boot. )

10. Aili

Aili New Member

I can see what you mean and could almost imagone myself getting used to it, and then I read ....colder and colder....geeeeaawwwd! love it:)