1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

why can't some people eat whey?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by janagram, Dec 30, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

why can't some people eat whey and why am I one of them?

there have been times when I can eat it but frequently I cannot...does that mean I'm LR?

2. endless

endless New Member

What do you mean by 'cannot'? What does it do?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Whey is insulinogenic for many and it can also stimulate antibody production in slow methylators........It is anabolic for most......and it can restore glutathione levels if your methylation patterns are not bad.  Whey is usually a big problem for vegans and non meat eaters.

4. janagram

janagram New Member

My problem is shortly after I have whey (in a smoothie) I notice difficult digestion...sometimes a run straight to the restroom...not always. I wonder if its lactose? Because I sure can't digest lactose, but most people can't so wherefore the whey smoothies? Or am I too old to have lactose (duh, 65)?

5. endless

endless New Member

I have had that happen, but not recently....it happened frequently when I was using a particular company's whey based meal replacement shake. I was using it twice a day, and a few days in I'd start getting it going right through me, sometimes really fast! Now I only use it occasionally and it doesn't happen.