1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why can't I fix this friggin' leaky gut?!?!

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by BJK77, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

Are you doing plenty of Mg? You can do liberal doses safely and it will help with the constipation.

3. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Unfortunately I don't tolerate mag. No one can figure out why, but it causes major liw back pain for me, black, tarry stools and just a general weak / hangover type feeling. I'm trying to find a doctor to order the Exatest Dr K recommends to check my levels, but no luck yet.

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Not sure if it will help the constipation but I'd bathe in mag oil and shower in epsom salts. Or the other way around :)

I think pretty much everybody is low in mag unless they've been optimizing with supps for a while.

5. mh586

mh586 New Member

Answering the original question: If you see no improvement after 4 months look for other clues in your diet. I am surprised to see the amount of supplements you use trying to cure leaky gut. I have gone supplement free after I found my multivitamin being one of the triggers of my leaky gut symptoms. Do a little research to see how much additives is in each pill - colorants, flavours, stabiliser, filling agents... They did harm me, I am sure they harm others too. Supplement by real food only.

6. shilohman

shilohman New Member

BJK77, mh586 is spot on with his advice. Check the supplements that you are taking and see how many of them contain magnesium stearate. This is a vegetable based ingredient that is added to supplement ingredients to help them flow in the manufacturing process. The magnesium stearate coats the small intestine so that absorption of nutrients is not possible. Other non-nutritional additives to supplements are corn oil, Titanium Dioxide and others. Do as Souldanzer suggests and get your magnesium from epson salt baths. Your

body may not take internal consumption of magnesium, but it should have no problem absorbing what it needs through the skin.

Also, double up on your use of CO. Dr. K says CO is the best thing for fixing a leaky gut.

Keep on trucking, you will eventually get there.

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Thanks for this. Never had a clue about what mag stearate does. I will be reading all of my bottles. I already know it is in some of my supps.

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Just as a reality check.... most of what you take in a capsule is a filler. The actually active ingredient, most of the time, is tiny. So you think you're taking a handful of supplements once or twice a day.... you're really taking a handful of fillers and preservatives.

9. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

This thread has me thinking about the amount of fillers in my supps. Mag stearate is very common. I stumbled across a company called NutraBio. They claim this "Purity is our #1 Goal so we manufacture without excipients or fillers: Our goal is to manufacture our supplements as pure as possible, so we don't use fillers, binders, or chemical excipients."

http://nutrabio.com/Main%20Sidebar%20Pages/main.quality.htm

Website and products available look fine. Wondering if anybody has any experience with this company?

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I use this website for some of my supplements :) Pretty happy with them.

11. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

BJK77, I am only just reading this thread and my experience may not be helpful but I'll share it just in case. I was having a similar problem to what you describe... keeping diet squeaky clean, labs showing good things, but food intolerances/allergies increasing. I started to get really worried I was getting worse. Then, one day while walking the dog, I was listening to a random Sean Croxton podcast with Paul Chek. It was a Q&A thing. (I'm not a Paul Chek devotee, but find a good bit of what he says thought-provoking.) In any case, someone called in and basically said what you are saying: their food intolerances are getting worse, not better. He asked about Betaine HCl and the woman said she wasn't taking much/any. He then said "I have seen countless cases of people going from no food intolerances to over 100 food allergies by not taking Betaine HCl when they need it." He said you only need it temporarily, but it gives your gut the rest it needs to start producing sufficient amounts on its own. If you don't have sufficient HCl, then whole food particles get into the blood and food allergies and autoimmune issues start to show.

Like I said, this may not apply to you. Perhaps you're taking heaps of it already. But I wasn't. So I started. And, lo and behold, my allergy symptoms (I was having sneezing allergies as well as swollen fingers) and my inability to eat foods I had eaten successfully before all went away.

12. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Hi Lauren,

I had been taking HCL for months and only stopped a few weeks ago when I started having black stools. My doctor thought I might have had an ulcer and the HCL was making things worse. As soon as I stopped it the black stools went away, so I've been hesitant to start it again. I do eat sauerkraut/drink sauerkraut juice before my meals to help stimulate my own stomach acids . . . hopefully that is good enough since I don't think it would be wise to go back on the HCL. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm grateful to all for your brainstorming and sharing ideas with me.

I had my consult with Dr. Kruse tonight and think I finally understand what's going on with me and why I'm not healing, so I have a path forward and plan to attack this all head on!!

13. Lexi

Lexi New Member

if your leaky gut is not resolving i suggest you get tested for H. pylori.... this is my issue too and leptin reset did not help me as much as others.... H. pylori is a major cause of chronic fatigue / adrenal fatigue.

14. msclman

msclman New Member

what does CO stand for? COQ10?

15. Coconut oil :)

16. msclman

msclman New Member

nice i take a **** load. that's a scientific measurement by the way

17. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Great news!!! Keep us posted.

18. Eve

Eve New Member

Hi BJK77,

I was just wondering if you might be able to share some leaky gut tips that you learned in your consult? ...Not sure if that's confidential or not.

Thanks

19. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16777920

Zinc carnosine, a health food supplement that stabilises small bowel integrity and stimulates gut repair processes.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Zinc carnosine (ZnC) is a health food product claimed to possess health-promoting and gastrointestinal supportive activity. Scientific evidence underlying these claims is, however, limited.

AIM:

To examine the effect of ZnC on various models of gut injury and repair, and in a clinical trial.

METHODS:

In vitro studies used pro-migratory (wounded monolayer) and proliferation ([(3)H]-thymidine incorporation) assays of human colonic (HT29), rat intestinal epithelial (RIE) and canine kidney (MDCK) epithelial cells. In vivo studies used a rat model of gastric damage (indomethacin/restraint) and a mouse model of small-intestinal (indomethacin) damage. Healthy volunteers (n = 10) undertook a randomised crossover trial comparing changes in gut permeability (lactulose:rhamnose ratios) before and after 5 days of indomethacin treatment (50 mg three times a day) with ZnC (37.5 mg twice daily) or placebo coadministration.

RESULTS:

ZnC stimulated migration and proliferation of cells in a dose-dependent manner (maximum effects in both assays at 100 micromol/l using HT29 cells), causing an approximate threefold increase in migration and proliferation (both p

20. BrandonMark

BrandonMark New Member

Please tell me what is the meaning of Harmon Fixation.