1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Why are women dying of opiate addiction?

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

They are designed to be more sensitive to EMF's to program the germ line and set the mitochondrial programming in materal mtDNA. When you consider the modern world is now blue lit and microwaved 24/7 you can see why their is a deep environmental link.

The number of women dying from overdoses of opioid painkillers increased 5-fold between 1999 and 2010, according to new data released on July 2, 2013 by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
    CDC director Tom Frieden, MD, MPH, said the following during a media briefing:
    The problem of prescription opioid drug overdoses in women is "getting worse and getting worse quickly."
    Deaths due to opioid drugs have "skyrocketed in women."
    "Mothers, wives, sisters, and daughters are dying from overdoses at rates we have never seen before."
    "The increase in opioid overdoses and opioid overdose deaths is directly proportional to the increase in prescribing of painkillers."
    Opioid prescriptions are "increasing to an extent that we would not have anticipated and that could not possibly be clinically indicated."
    The CDC now says that since 1999, the percentage increase in painkiller-related deaths was actually greater among women than men (400% in women vs 265% in men). Prescription painkiller overdoses killed nearly 48,000 women between 1999 and 2010. More than 6600 women, or 18 women every day, died from a prescription painkiller overdose in 2010
    There were 4 times more deaths among women from prescription painkiller overdose than for cocaine and heroin deaths combined in 2010. In 2010, there were more than 200,000 emergency department visits for opioid misuse or abuse among women — about 1 every 3 minutes.
    Previous research has shown that women are more likely to have chronic pain, be prescribed prescription painkillers, be given higher doses, and use them for longer periods than men. The higher doses in women are "something we don't really understand," Dr. Frieden said, "given that, on average, women weigh less than men, and at the same or higher dose, they are more likely to have adverse events than men."
  2. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Opiates provide that "soft, warm hug" that many humans are missing. We could extrapolate that women may be more attracted to this type of "hug". Doesn't leave a smell on your breath, rather small so can be hidden easily, and in a weird way more socially acceptable (ala Mother's Little Helper). Of course repeated use will lead to single-pointedness and delay discounting, to the exclusion of alternative goals. One bad day, the extra pill is taken, perhaps a bit more booze too, and the mito shut down. Brutal how our species is so caught up in the illusion of mind, aided and abetted by blue-light driven programming.
    Alex97232 and Allin like this.
  3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I have two in-laws with constant pain, a man and a woman. When the pain lasts for months and years, you start contemplating suicide to end it. I know both have thought about it. The opiates aren't used every day, just for the 'bad days'. I sure wish I could get them to eat more seafood. Or in the case of the woman, any seafood at all. Ice or cold sets off a flare of reaction, so she won't contemplate CT. I think alpha MSH and also DHA would sure help with their generalized pain. She did take some D-ribose I brought her to help with sleep, and told me it helped her leg pain quite a bit. I hoped it would get my foot in the door, but she doesn't seem too interested in my suggestions about sunshine, etc. Too busy on her phone, I guess.
    Alex97232 likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

Sorry to hear about your in-laws.
    I've noticed this about people too. It's almost like some fixed belief/behavior set takes over the hole where there used to be a living thinking individual. The whole concept of trying something and monitoring basic results is vehemently resisted. Sun is free, ice(even just cold water) is cheaper than good gardening dirt, and seafood is just another food option so they don't seem to be a factor in and of themselves.

I have noticed that telling a woman that doing something has been shown to make the skin look younger seems to motivate a bit more. I'd tell you what "part" improvement a man would be interested in but it's probably pretty obvious and would no doubt lead to an epically awkward father-in-law conversation. Maybe your hubby could try it...