1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Why are MHS and raw fish good for us?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by indigogirl, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Fish is always a better choice then beef.......and soon I am going to show and teach you why. BG 12. Brace for it.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Had mine today. Not as bad. I 've had worse things (banana slug tips the list).

2 frozen chopped up mackerel heads, zest of 2lemons juice of 2lemons sea salt, Loire water b/c my lemons were not juicy & cilantro. Vitamix it and down the hatch.

[​IMG]

Havoc getting ready for some

[​IMG]

Chaos joining Havoc (she didn't like it all that much)

[​IMG]

Havoc loving my MHS!
    [​IMG]

He asked for more when we finished. He drank almost 1/2. I had too suck it down fast to keep him

From

Drinking more!

3. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

5. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I'm curious about this too. It doesn't say what 'fishmeal powder' is - it isn't clear if it is solely ground fish or if there are other additives (eg gluten etc that could effect the gut?). Also, the mice who ate the 'real' fish had higher protein and lower fat content. Lastly, it seems mostly to be a huge indictment against fish oils, not fish, which has been said here all along.

6. edance83@yahoo.com

edance83@yahoo.com New Member

Hey everyone. After reading this thread I'm still unsure what MHS stands for. I get that it's a fish shake of some kind, but is there a recipe for it anywhere??

Thanks. :)

7. Inger

Inger Silver

Lovelife,

MHS stays for mackerel-head-smoothie.

Recipe: Take raw fresh mackerel heads (add the liver or guts if you want), mix them with water into a smoothie.. drink (better close your nose cause it is not very delicious)

[​IMG]...[​IMG]

You can use any fish heads for sure, that are soft enough to blend into a smoothie. I cut the heads in 3-4 pieces before blending.

8. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Hi Inger,

Why a mackerel head smoothie? How did you come to even think of making this?

I want to be as intuitive as you!

9. I woke up thinking about this, and I can't let it go. . . by the arguments of "eat hearts to heal hearts" and "eat heads to heal heads", wouldn't the most optimal food be human heads?

I know I'm a smart-ass, but I'm really pondering this. . .but not in the "my neighbor looks tasty way". . .just as an academic discussion. Discuss?

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Isn't that what were doing when drinking out MHS???

"Fish heads, fish heads, rolly poly fish heads"

11. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

It's an interesting discussion. Are there any mammals that hunt some of their own for a staple food source? I can't really think of any off the top of my head. There must be a reason for it...

12. Linz

Linz New Member

For a good reason against it look up Kuru in the Fore Tribe in Papua New Guinea

13. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

would anyone know if a Ninja 1100 would get the smooth smoothie job done? or do i need to splurge the extra $ for a vitamix?

hitherto my mouth has been the blender. good mandible workout, i guess : /

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Vitamix is worth the $. Check their website for remanufactured ones same machine & 10 yr warranty but much less Mine gets a serious work out and it a remanufactured one (all my appliances and electronics are remanufactured)

15. LinD

LinD New Member

Wait, this might be biblical....isn't "Thou shalt not eat thou neighbor" a commandment?

16. LinD

LinD New Member

Do you recall how many ounces this makes?

17. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Nah, it's 'thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife' not 'thou shalt not cover thy neighbours wife in butter'.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Fills a big glass. I've got some MHS makings in my freezer got to pick up som lemons & cilantro. This weekend

19. LinD

LinD New Member

...with chocolate!

20. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

I see they have the reconditioned one w/ 64oz jar, 5 year warranty, for $329. It doesn't even say the model but from the photo I assume its 5200 standard. I'm contemplating pulling the trigger - is this the model you have?