1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Whole Body Cryotherapy for CT?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by copychick, Apr 14, 2012.

1. copychick

copychick New Member

Dr. Kruse, since CT discussion began I've been wanting your opinion on whether cryotherapy would be an effective alternative to ice baths (which are not possible where I'm living) for achieving cold adaptation. The chambers cool the body (except head and hands) with super cooled mist at -130C (32F) or lower for 3 minutes. I read that Dr. Oz endorses it for treating pain, and sports teams are using it to aid recovery. There is a place here that offers sessions. Do you think regular sessions could produce results similar to ice baths and is there a frequency you would recommend?

Thanks so much, Sue

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I can not give my stamp of approval to this method yet because it needs to be reconciled with how our nervous systems perceive that cold......and we are not designed to deal with that kinda cold.