1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Who Has Lyme Here? I would Like to connect you.

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by RyanMSauce, Sep 23, 2015.

1. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

I have a friend of mine in CT that I am trying to help get better. I don't have a lot of time but I want to do what I can for her. Is there anyone here who has lyme disease and has had some success overcoming it though the understanding of the knowledge of this website and other advanced thinkers in the health field? I am reaching out to see if anyone is willing to share experience with her. She needs more support from people around her I feel.

Thanks for reading.

Ryan

2. kovita

kovita Silver

yes, I have lyme. S...y disease, bad friend. I am trying to do my best with it. Not done yet.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

UV light via eyes and skin is the key.......if you dont nothing will help it. Simple.

4. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Almost lost my life to it.

Ask any person with Lyme and they will all tell you their symptoms lessen in the summer....why? Uv light.

Lyme sufferers notoriously bundle up and stay indoors due to extreme fatigue, photosensitivity, pain...etc. And we wonder why we don't get better.

Print blogs for her. The entire Ubiquitination series is unreal. Anything on sleep. Anything on redox.

I do believe in supplementation when in such a poor state. Antibiotics have a place as well...and need to be used properly.

If your friends mental capacity is affected to where she is unable to read/comprehend blogs then you must do it for her and give her very simplified baby steps so to speak.

Get her away from mainstream Lyme bullshit...it will only confuse.

She needs every bit of sun she can get ...living in CT that will need to be augmented with artificial. She must hydrate well...with quality water. Small amounts of nutritionally dense seasonal food and obviously DHA....as much as possible and even an additional supplement could be useful if her current state warrants. Get electronics out of her hands....Lymies often resort to Internet when searching for answers and human connection when they are too debilitated to get it in real life....another reason they can't get well. Get her feet in the grass...wool socks OK if she can't tolerate cooler temps. Sleep/ wake cycle yoked with sunrise...drag her as out of bed and put bare eyes and bare skin in the sun. After dark no artificial light. Blueblockers if that is not possible.

I have been fully recovered from Lyme and Co infections for several years now. Dr. Kruse has opened my eyes to the why and how of it all when other docs could not. Your friend is very lucky to have you and is incredibly fortunate to have this information available...don't squander it or dismiss it because it is hard. I promise you being sick is harder than anything in these blogs.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and a reptile light round the clock

6. Jill1

Jill1 New Member

can't fully fix lyme without addressing mold first. www.survivingmold.com

7. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Here a couple of links to help with research and come to your conclusions. The Exo-terra site has spec sheets. The Big Apple site has short videos where the owner critiques the different types of bulbs and their uses (mercury-vapor, florescent).

Also, from what I can read, the exo-terra bulbs have both UVA and UVB spectrum. In fact, think most bulbs probably will. They just market to the UVB side.

http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/lighting.php

http://www.bigappleherp.com/REPTILE-SUPPLIES/Lighting

cantweight likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bullshit.

9. kovita

kovita Silver

I live in desert now. Plenty of powerfull sunshine. Lets see if with care of what sucks here I give a final hit.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

not true............you're missing a big part.........Melanie Procter can help you understand why.

11. kovita

kovita Silver

do you mean MP blog you posted a time ago? I do not know her and all I know is that she is no longer here.

12. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

Thank you for the reply's.
    I have recommended to her a while ago to get a lot of raw DHA and Sunlight, especially in the morning. She wears blue blocking glasses at night. She lives in an apartment so I am concerned about the amount of wifi around her. I want to get a fabric Faraday cage for her bed to mitigate the emf exposure during sleep.

So it would be ideal for her to have her skin exposed to a uvb bulb as much as she can? Could too much cause a burn or are they too weak to do that if used correctly?

She needs to use Xyrem aka GHB twice a night to get a good solid sleep. She has told me that she gets food cravings in the middle of the night and has little recognition of eating but knows that she did based on the evidence in the morning. Because of this she is not that hungry in the morning. I told her that she should try and eat a big fat and protein meal in the morning + sunlight to help correct her circadian clock.

I am not sure what her current diet is like but I have recommended that she go ketogenic; MCT, coconut, ghee, olive oil, avocados.
    Is this ideal with someone with lyme?

Would the magnetic sleep pad help her a good amount? A smart man told me that placing a fabric Faraday cadge around the magnetic sleep pad perhaps causes some negative effects by bringing some of the positive field up but I'm not sure. I wonder what would be better blocking some emf or magnetic field enhancement? It would probably depend on how strong the emfs are.

I hope she isn't using wifi on her computer still.

Most important things for her:
    As much sunlight as possible.
    Grounding in nature away from power lines. ( Avoiding the current that is on the surface of the ground from the power lines)
    DHA Rich diet. Would DHA from algae be a good supplement?
    Low carb?
    Avoid electronics: No wifi, phone on airplane mode most of the time.
    No artificial light at night.
    Should she get a daylight lamp for when she is indoors?

13. Penny

Penny New Member

My kid had 2 urease producers (h pylori type bugs) in his gut and when we went on a 12 national park-fest in 2009, he was asymptomatic - until we hit an RV park and plugged in - he was sleeping right above the generator in the motorhome - he immediately started to itch again after 12 days of nothing...

The UV light will kill Lyme and any other pathogen - you can shine it under the tongue/belly button -

My rabbit has even improved - he spends most of the day out in the sun and whereas before I would give him anything sweet, he would sneeze and get all snuffly, now, it doesn't faze him - he always slept in the sun 14 hours a day - but, he was indoors and I don't think he was getting enough -

I even have improvement just from being in the morning sun - fruit doesn't bother me - it is 90 degrees at the moment so that's bothering me, but truly, the sun is everything -

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Alex97232 likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ocular manifestations of Lyme disease have long been noted by me but not by Lyme docs. Ocular Lyme = low ocular melatonin = sleep disturbance = altered pineal melatonin = addiction tendency = alteration in VLPO neurons in hypothalamus that come from the central retinal pathways. This is why Lyme disease is often associated with sleep and addiction issues. The spirochete invades the eye early and remains dormant, accounting for both early and late ocular manifestations. It dramatically effects the RPE of the retina. The RPE of the retina needs UV light to work optimally. Lyme disease is destroyed by UV light. Do the mental gymnastics. Still think Lyme is the problem or a lack of UV light is the issue? A nonspecific follicular conjunctivitis occurs in approximately 10% of patients with early Lyme disease. Keratitis occurs often within a few months of onset of disease and is characterized by nummular nonstaining opacities. Inflammatory syndromes, such as vitritis and uveitis, have been reported; in some cases, a vitreous tap is required for diagnosis. Neuro-ophthalmic manifestations include neuroretinitis, involvement of multiple cranial nerves, optic atrophy, and disc edema. Seventh nerve paresis can lead to neurotrophic keratitis. In endemic areas where the quantum yield is low, Lyme disease may be responsible for approximately 25-50%% of new-onset Bell's palsy. I think that number is growing year by year. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9176782

Less UV exposure is required to kill bacteria in the human body than is necessary in the laboratory. When a small part of the infected bloodstream is exposed to UV light for less time than is required to kill bacteria in the laboratory, the pathogenic bacteria in the body are usually completely destroyed. In fact, many organisms are destroyed by an amount of irradiation that merely stimulates normal body cells.

Blood cells are much larger compared to bacteria and they are loaded with two UV absorbing proteins, namely hemoglobin and porphyrins. UV light stimulates RBC's to seek and destroy Lyme in the blood stream and in tissues with a large blood supply like the retina. They UV light stimulates the immune system and RBC's to destroy the spirochete while improving retinal function.

Full spectrum UV light exposure has the remarkable ability to allow the ill body to make rapid readjustments back to normal biologic and circadian functioning.

Also as mentioned in the Ubi 23-25 blogs, certain significant amounts of two photo-sensitive amino acids -- phenylalanine and tyrosine -- that are absent in eukaryotic cells are loaded in Lyme's spirochete. These amino acids absorb additional UV energy that kills the bacteria photonically.

There is also biophysical reasons to believe that by destroying the bacteria in the irradiated blood in the eye and skin is analogous to an "autogenous vaccine". It is produced on our surfaces where UV light is found and assimilated and can aid in rapid destruction of bloodstream bacteria in a way that is quantized by frequencies.

The first article that I know of on the benefit of artificial phototherapy was published in June 1934 by Hancock and Knott. By June 1942, 6,520 patients had been treated with UV therapy. The treatment was successful nearly every time. There was complete absence of any harmful effect according to the article.

The modern healthcare illusion is that we have “something” to lose by using UV light in our eye or skin when the reality is that when we bury the purple spectrum of the sun we get sick and die early.
    Tissues with high energy demands, that are chronically light stressed suffer from a lower quantum yield. This is akin to placing a tarp over a tree to lower photosynthetic yields. This occurs in tissues such as the brain and the heart, contain a large number of mitochondria. They all rely on UV light exposure to drive RPE function of the eye clock and central retinal pathways that control all circadian regulators. These very active mitochondria-dense organs are more susceptible to reduction of the aerobic metabolism. Internal and external stressors, including cytokine up-regulation, pose a higher metabolic demand on the mitochondria to produce the necessary energy to maintain homeostasis. When the allostatic load becomes extreme due to extreme light stress, the energy demands increase exponentially, taxing the mitochondria and resulting in mitochondrial dysfunction, which creates inefficient energy production and leads to energy deficit. This in turn creates a disparity between very high metabolic energy demands in inflammatory states and the actual energy deficit resulting from mitochondrial dysfunction.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you have Lyme disease and wear sun glasses or sunblock your disease will worsen not improve.

Alex97232, Scompy and Cpt.Tired like this.
  16. cantweight

cantweight Gold

That's what fucks us....my eyes became so sensitive to light I barely left my house, sometimes wore sunglasses indoors. But in the summer I had to take my kids outdoors and I always felt a little better....brings a tear to my eyes that not one of the doctors I was paying an equivalent of a monthly mortgage out of pocket to could figure this shit out. Bleeding us dry financially, wrecking our bodies with out of control meds....nature always has an answer for what it dishes out.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Doctors did not wreck you.........all you had to do was go outside more........technology, choices, and modern beliefs wrecked you. They just do not know how to treat it. Reconnect with nature.

Alex97232 and Cpt.Tired like this.
  18. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

Would using an ultraviolet blood irradiation machine in a clinic or at home offer benefits over the sun alone for a Lyme patient or a healthy individual even? I was thinking about doing this at home if I could get a machine.

What causes the sensitivity to the sun? I have heard Lyme patients say they are allergic to the sun or vitamin d even.

19. Inger

Inger Silver

So true.... only we are responsible for our own health and well being.. nobody else...
    when I think about that it gets a little serious.....

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Allergic is a deficit of UV and IR light so that T regulator cells can not be turned on accurately.........it vanishes as the brain and skin is refilled with the purple and red light daily.