1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Where to start...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by fergal, Jun 16, 2014.

1. fergal

fergal New Member

So here goes - I'm going to try to keep this as concise as possible.

Maternal Side - thyroid, diabetes, high BP & breast/lymph cancer diagnosed and successfully treated in her 70's.

Paternal Side - Femoral anneurysm & pancreatitis diagnosed and treated in his 70's.

This is where I'm at right now:

39 year old male

Overweight

Bloods taken 6 weeks ago - everything 'normal' (I've learned that 'normal' in these parts is quite a bit different though) except LDL/HDL ratio not ideal and one liver enzyme was upper-normal. Glucose-tolerance test also normal.

Highly sensitive to caffeine, alcohol, sugar or any form of stimulant. By sensitive, I mean blinding headaches/migraine, pounding heartbeats & inability to mentally focus 20 mins after I've had a few mouthfulls. Needless to say, I stay well clear but it surprises me that from testing, no insulin/thyroid issues appeared as sugar can make me very spacey or change my mood very quickly so presumed this would present itself.

If I exert anaerobically, I get very similar symptoms to caffeine - headaches, inabiliy to think straight for hours afterwards etc. This started 4 years ago after pushing a friends car early one winter morning and feeling faint afterwards. Had an ECG/Echo and did a stress test and all normal except my BP went really high after about 10 mins on the treadmill. 24 hour BP monitor all normal. MRI all normal. Neurologist prescribed Beta Blockers which I took for a few months but didn't see any improvement. Intermittent tinnitus persists.

On/Off lumbar/shoulder/neck pain for 20 years and not having any luck with physios or complementary therapists. Experienced physios & doc don't think an MRI would provide any useful information. Had an MRI done on my right hip due to ROM limitation 1 year ago - came back all clear - seems to be soft tissue restriction.

On/off discomfort around the gall-bladder (beneath ribs on the rhs) - can get more painful after meals but not always and not always after high-fat meals. On/off nausea is also a feature along with some gas. Endoscope all clear.

I've no tolerance for heat and almost always feel better in colder weather. Interestingly if I ever feel nauseous in winter, a few minutes outside in the frost really helps settles things.

So leptin issues are a no-brainer. I'm guessing leaky-gut and maybe blood-brain barrier issues too?

Sorting out digestion is definitely a priority.

I'm not a regular carb addict but on occasion do find that some chocolate (dark or otherwise) can lift my mood for short periods but the downside later is over-stimulation and irritability.

I've started eating BABs which is getting easier over time as I don't usually have an appetite in the mornings.

Many, many thanks in advance for any insights into what I should be doing.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Fergal! Are you doing the leptin reset?

Details really matter....

non native EMF? R/O water? grounding?

please read C/T 10
    and, of course, the OSF series .....especially OSF 6

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi fergal. I seem to recall your name. Are you new?
    So you like cold. Good!

4. fergal

fergal New Member

Thanks - I posted a question in the Beginner's Area recently to which ye both replied (thanks again) and now wanted to get a start on a journal.

Lots of non-native EMF and I haven't grounded much. The best water I have access to is Spring/Mineral water.

I'll need to re-read the leptin reset as I'm only partially compliant. Snacking and late eating are two things I need to stop doing for sure. Food quality isn't a challenge but timing is.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT for you is big........and make sure you have dramatically increased your water intake with that maternal history.

6. fergal

fergal New Member

Thanks Jack - appreciate the feedback.

Just out of curiosity - could you narrow down the connection between my maternal history & water intake?

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

every single disease linked to low electrons.......means you came from an egg that was not deep in DHA and you likely did not get breast milk with DHA........which means you began life in a steep decline in DHA and electrons.

Jude, Tanya, ATL_Paleo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Pregnenolone steal is a DHA deficient syndrome. When your mitochondria do not work.......neither do your steroid pharmacy in your brain. You will eventually easily put this together once you begin to fix your real problems, electrons and fake light............

Pregnenolone steal is a DHA deficient syndrome = Electrons steal syndrome = lower EZ around your mitochondria in which to become the best batery of life. It needs the IR of the sun from your mitochondria to make a huge EZ.

Pg 79 of Pollack's The fourth phase of water. (book alert)

When you can not make energy because your EZ is small, you have a cortisol problem most alternative people call adrenal fatigue............but it is not cortisol that is the problem......it is that the battery in your cell can not make energy well. The proof is when you realize you have a Vitamin A and D problem.......then you know your optics in the brain are way off........and you begin to see why you feel like shit.

9. fergal

fergal New Member

Thanks Jack - I need to sift through your posts and comments to really make the most of your replies but regardless, I know what I should be doing and that's plenty to get me started.

I picked up Pollack's book a few weeks ago but haven't started reading it yet - looks like I'll be starting on Pg 79.

Many thanks