1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Where to purchase Bulbs to use at night(UK sites)

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Paul Keenan, Jun 24, 2017.

1. John Saf

John Saf New Member

One time i used it, my eyesight started to flicker when finished. Dont know what was going on but i will never use it again. My wife got migranes from it. The joovv was worse in flicker than my cheap china copy. Only the sun for me. Maybe supplement in the winter when i build my own. Joovv are not good pepole when they make pepole sitt inside a house infront of the lamp when the sun is out. They also have a new "smart" Bluetooth connected lamp.

Hilde and drezy like this.
  2. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

3. For the UV-A Light they emit.

4. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Are they to be used during the day? Never used a black light so hard to imagine how it would help lighting a room. I will need to check it out.

Aside from candle light, are there any good sources of nighttime lighting if one needs to get up and go to the bathroom? I know Jack will say no.

5. Yeah apparently, in Jacks Vermont 2017, he said the research shows UV-a doesn't disrupt melatonin and is nighttime safe - but that was only 1 study so it's still a bit of a debated subject.

Don't use for lighting, use Red lights and UV-B lights for that. Or just go outside??

At night I use Red or Infrared lights and find they put me to sleep really well. Again, no melatonin disruption found in studies. But could be more going on that you aren't aware of.... Candle light is best, but just go bed early anyway man - it's a fucking game changer

6. UV A reflects off white, like the glow in the dark type thing. That's UV A. Actually pretty bright if you got white walls. It's cool

7. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Interesting. So these bulbs would be better than incandescent lighting during the day, if and when needed?

8. I haven't invested in the classic incandescent... I still think they aren't good, based on when they showed up our diseases started showing up, e.g. dementia early 20th century.

I use daylight from outside to see in my house. Bright enough! Avoid lights if you can. But if you must, red and UV A are good choices

9. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

@Sean Waters Is that black light what you recommend for evening/night use? My husband has some mercury fillings but I don't think he's mercury sensitive, but not sure how that is determined.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Brent Patrick likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Jan .....Queen B candles - from Sydney, Aus. They may be cheaper for you since they are in OZ $$$

we buy tea lights and pillar candles but I think we should try the big ones next.....probably better value.

12. mmarston

mmarston New Member

Maybe I wasn't clear when I asked Joovv if their product flickers? They reported that it does not flicker.

Joovv.JPG

13. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I just finished listening to the recent ben greenfield interview with joov guys and they claim in the new units they installed a converter? or capacitor? to reduce or eliminate flicker from DC to AC conversion. Not sure if I heard that right so give it a listen.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I see alibaba selling beeswax that I think have a good price.
    Wonder how difficult it would be to make candles.

Off hand, making good wick may be the biggest problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    so you need 8kg 100% pure and natural yellow beeswax for candle making ?

if yes, EXW price is $7.2/kg so 8kg is $57.6.

may i know your city name and Zip code? so that we can check the postage to you .

my whatsapp and wechat : 008613949004010 . you can add me so that we can talk on line .

waiting for your kidnly reply .

best regards,

Aimee

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

My understanding is that you need good cotton wicks. That should be easy enuf to buy/find?

we have been using wine bottles with oil and wicks we have bought on amazon. Great for the verandah at night

16. mmarston

mmarston New Member

Thanks for the heads up! I will listen to it.

17. Benjamin Stone

Benjamin Stone New Member

I bought the new Joovv (as of Sep 2018), and used a flicker tester on it, and it was surprisingly quiet - I do not have the older model handy to test, but I think they may have solved for this issue with the new product.

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  18. sass

sass New Member

Mercury vapour sounds very dangerous!!

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@caroline
    I bought 100% beeswax and wick that is supposed to be good for
    beeswax candles up to 4" candles
    and should also be good for paraffin wax
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JBQ6J11/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have made 3.25"=83mm paraffin pillar candle, it works ok actually the wick may be to strong, to thick.

I have poured my beeswax into glass cup about same 3.25" it burns very slowly and badly.

So my question is what to do?
    Is it possible that my beeswax have problem.
    It looks nice and clean.
    I am not sure how strong should be the fragrance.
    There is a smell but barely, should it be stronger??

Wonder if I should try next (5) size or (6)
    http://www.premiumcraftusa.com/all/premium-craft-square-braid-cotton-candle-wicks-1.html

upload_2018-11-21_9-14-21.png

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold