1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Where I am at with CT?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Butters, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

How can I find out if I am cold adapted?

What happens when my BF is already low and I am CTing extensivly through the day with less clothing and sessions on the top? My BF through BF caliper is roundabout 12%.

I thought I am adapting very good but as temperature is dropping to -3°C I find myself shivering almost all the time outside when wearing only longsleeve or T-shirt and inside in the unheated room. I can not get the feeling of heating up all the time. Plus my feet and hands are cold almost all the time.

When I use the cool gut buster and fat burner I can wear it all the time on the pure skin and take it off with covered red skin and numb in places. I don't develop cold urticaria. Also most of the time I can gulp on ice water without getting brain freezes.

Also, should I eat a high fat/high protein meal before at my status or better not?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I think you are partially adapted.
    If you are having difficulty with CT, eating a high fat meal before could help. I don't usually bother now. I CT when ever it is convenient; sometimes just after a meal, sometimes not.
    I think you need to be patient with the shivering. Your body will adapt when it can.

3. Butters

Butters New Member

Tonight I got very intense heat generation also during the day after a period of fasting I recognized more heat generation.
    I thought shivering isn't bad at all because it releases Irisin and this browns WAT fast to BAT.
    Maybe I drink to much ice water during the session. Sometime to 2l. Jacks writes about 1l ice water maximum during a session.