1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Where do you get your carbs?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by LieselK, May 15, 2018 at 11:42 AM.

1. LieselK

LieselK New Member

I'm realizing that I am not eating hardly any carbs which made sense when I was doing the Leptin Reset in January... however I'm rereading Jack's book and trying to get a better grasp on what my intake should be to be optimal. Since I'm following the Epi-Paleo diet with the addition of the AI components I'm just curious where y'all get carbs from at all? If my daily caloric intake is around 2,000 calories and at least 20% should be carbs... how in the world do you incorporate them? Sweet potatoes are out of season now, I've got greens (romaine, collards, kale, etc), broccoli, and spinach and then some fruits that are in season. 400 calories of greens seems like A LOT.

Phosphene likes this.
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I have read many times on here no need to count calories. I personally go by how I feel and what is in season. That's just me. I do however mess up on and off (with junk type food) but I don't worry about it ss much as I use to. I am still trying to change my eating habits and doing 70% better then I did a few months ago. What I want to get perfect is the sun, ct, grounding and minding my nnEMF and blue light. Hope that helped.

Phosphene likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

4. LieselK

LieselK New Member

With all the oysters you eat, it sounds like you are doing an amazing job! I still need to perfect that! I feel pretty good about what I'm eating, but it always seems like I could do better. I wish budget were not an issue for me.

5. EStein

EStein New Member

6. LieselK

LieselK New Member

I'm really just sticking to seasonal and local- and following the parameters Jack gives. Perhaps I just need to get more creative with my cooking- I've really kept it super simple so far.

Phosphene likes this.
  7. Billybats

Billybats New Member

LieselK I don't eat as many oysters as you think at the moment, I'm trying to up it as you say because of budget. Another member Kris90 told me don't over think the food timing and how much which was hard to do when our brains are conditioned to think one way . It does take baby steps. The more I think of budget I am looking at it this way, the less I eat of the crap food the more I can afford the better.

Sheddie and Phosphene like this.
  8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Exactly. .

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

FODMAP stands for Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides, and Polyols,
    which are short chain carbohydrates and sugar alcohols that are poorly absorbed by the body,
    resulting in abdominal pain and bloating.
    FODMAPs occur in some foods naturally or as additives.

upload_2018-5-15_16-33-49.png

Earth Monkey likes this.
  10. Jenelle

Jenelle New Member

@JanSz I think it depends on what food list you consult. That one is surprising to me, and contradicts the one I have had success with (and contradicts what my body clearly tells me! Lol.)

Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage do contain fructans and can be problematic for those who have problems with FODMAPs -- especially in any sort of large quantity.

Earth Monkey likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Like I said, this are only distractions from your pov.
    You eat what is in Survivors Soup.

Otherwise the story newer ends.

Earth Monkey and Phosphene like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There is a Polish story about donkey that died of hunger because he was given too many choices of food.
    @drezy
    we need English story

Osiołkowi w żłoby dano
    W jeden owies, w drugi siano.
    Uchem strzyże, głową kręci,
    I to pachnie i to nęci;
    Od któregoż teraz zacznie,
    Aby sobie podjeść smacznie?
    Trudny wybór, trudna zgoda:
    Chwyci siano, owsa szkoda,
    Chwyci owies, żal mu siana.
    I tak stoi aż do rana,
    A od rana do wieczora;
    Aż nareszcie przyszła pora,

Że Oślina pośród jadła
    Z głodu padła.

================================================

A donkey in the manger was given
    In one oat, in another hay.
    He cuts his ear with his ear, he shakes his head,
    And it smells and lures it;
    From wherefore he will begin,
    To make yourself delicious?
    Difficult choice, difficult agreement:
    Grabs hay, oats damage,
    He grabs the oats, he pities his hay.
    And so it stays until morning,
    And from morning to evening;
    Until finally the time has come,

That Oślina was in the midst of food
    She fell from hunger.

///

Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 4:26 PM
    Phosphene likes this.
  13. Penny

Penny New Member

I eat whatever is growing on the trees outside... there are 300 apples out there... if you work out, you can eat more carbs than if you don't - he have recommendations in his book the Epi Paleo RX - very straightforward book BTW -

Phosphene likes this.
  14. Jenelle

Jenelle New Member

@JanSz I was just clarifying where the FODMAP comment came from. Some people really struggle with those foods, and they do not make us feel our best. That's all. :)

Billybats likes this.
  15. LieselK

LieselK New Member

His book is where I got the numbers I posted in my first comment. I was curious about what others are doing for carbs because it seems like no one talks about that part and I'm clearly not eating near what he recommends.

16. drezy

drezy Gold

Once upon a time a Polish-American workhorse noticed that @Mito1 quit and ran away.
    But behold a new avatar started singing the praises of Dostinex almost immediately after
    A search on dostinex mentions, whoa look at the bottom one...

dostin.png

JanSz likes this.
  17. EStein

EStein New Member

that's where I got the info from. Anyone can search and read the information. Yet again all you do is bullhorn with no real input or advice. Like a chihuahua - alot of barking but nothing to it.

Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 7:09 PM
  18. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Whats growing where your at? at your lattitude? find organic farms or farmers market done.

19. LieselK

LieselK New Member

Well that's simple :D Yes, I DO need to get to the local markets. I have a list from the NC ag dept about what is in season, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Although who knows what is grown in hothouses at the farmer's market so I'll have to be sure to ask about that. My struggle was in trying to figure out how many carbs are needed, but a friend found the 1 g carbs = 4 calories which I couldn't for the life of me find so that's helpful. I'm shifting the carb load to breakfast as well. I just need ideas so I am sure to actually take care of me- 3 kids make for distractions from doing what I need to do for me!

20. ValerieBee

ValerieBee Radical Mitochondriac

Our local Whole Foods has $1 oysters, and they will shuck them if you ask. This is the best deal I've found around here. If you have a WF near you, perhaps check it out!

Earth Monkey and LieselK like this.