1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Where are those muscles coming from tho..?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Inger, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes. My sisters commented I look so strong, when we was eating out the other day. As I tried on this skirt I got from my sister, she did not wanted it anymore.. then I realized it is true. Am I turning into a man slowly..?! All this tanning and fish and minor CT (just a short swim in the river instead of showering, and 3 min. facedunks and icepack under my head by night) are doing something.

[​IMG]...[​IMG]

I have zero exercise and live sedentary, actually I have started to do about 5 minutes swings with quite light weights for my butt and something minor like 5 minutes for shoulders / week, but it is so little it should not have any impact..?

It might be the wormy mackerel-heads for sure.. LOL

PS. this was today morning after a really bad nights sleep. I had two cups of coffee yesterday and that was a bad mistake, then also huge stress otherwise.. I usually sleep really well tho, better than ever before!

Something is happening in my brain too.. that I love. It is kind of I feel more and I find so nice solutions about many things..! And listening to a very nice song today made me almost explode from the feelings I got! This is totally drug free too - I never had drugs but I can imagine this might be what it feels like..LOL.. I made connections in my mind that I have not before and it makes me so very happy!!!! They are very minor changes but at the same time so huge to me!!! Wow.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

You look amazing - strong, healthy, beautiful and very feminine. I think Dr. K. would tell you that strong and healthy is very sexy -but I am sure he could say it better. You are turning into this amazing young woman in front of our very eyes!!

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Wow, Inger - you look fantastic!!!! I am not quite ready to eat MHS, but I am seeing the results for sure.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

You look fabulous, Inger! I'd guess that it is the CT. I was packing on muscle when I was bathing in cold water with no exercise. Jack says CT and exercise are amazing together.

5. tweety

tweety New Member

Wow! I don't know if I could tackle a MHS just yet, but you sure make me want to reconsider seeing your results! Fantastic job. Didn't you say you've been eating raw for a long time? Is it just the MHS and CT that's new for you?

Keep up the good work, amazing!

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Thank you all, it does not look like you think I am turning manly tho.. that makes me happy because sure I like to be strong! Maybe I should start do some more exercise too than 10 minutes / week..

Nonchalant, I do so little CT! Just max 10 minutes or less / day in the river (17 degrees C right now) and icepack under my head before sleeping and facedunks 3 minutes every morning. If it is the CT I wonder what will happen when winter comes and I go in the icecold river every day.. huh!

Tweety, I have been eating high raw for many years, yes. Like most days 90 % raw maybe? I eat meat almost only raw, fish also cooked, but also raw. I do try to eat only wild foods, like elk meat and wildcaught fish and such. Lots and lots of coconutoil, maybe 5 spoons a day. Some days less.

CT, MHS, dark in the evenings.. all these are new for me. I have messed up my hormones real bad I figure, doing late and very stressing work for many many years, living 13 years with a husband that abused alkohol.. and staying in front of the mirror late at night with strong lights in my eyes.. picking pimples.. So stupid! But it was a must for me.. until I read Kruse, and found out it was destroing me. I had bad skin always and picking the pimples in front of the mirror at night at 11-12 PM, alone, "helped" my anxiousness (sure not but I thought so). I also used the computer late in bed, like after 11 PM.

I do eat a lot. If I have been eating much too late (what does not happend often) I still always eat a BAB in the morning, even if not hungry at all. I eat until stuffed and I easily get 60-80 g protein, absolutely not a problem for me. I do not count calories at all but eats as much as I like to, I never go hungry and eat 3 times a day.

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'd say correctly balanced hormones. Just b/c we're women doesn't mean we're weak :)

I think I've got something similar going on but too early to tell.....

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Inger - have you got the low blue light glasses? I have found they have made a huge difference

9. Inger

Inger Silver

Caroline, I do use normal sunglasses. I picked some cheap one but dark and brownish in color. They work well I guess, I use them when I read my computer at night. I have f.lux and the screen as dark as it gets, and sunglasses on. Works for reading, not for writing but I only read so it is fine. I know it is fine because I get soooo tired quite soon, I read about max half an hour and then I cannot keep my eyes open anymore. I sleep well too and wake up around 6 AM every morning.

I use my dark sunglasses when in the train at my way home from work in the evening, I use them when I am out meeting friends.. I use them on parties.. everywhere where they use artificial lights at night. People stare.. (I guess they might think I am a junkie.. LOL) and my siblings wondered why too but then I explain... I heal my hormones. I tell it to everyone that asks. Very cool. Healing hormones. I think it sounds great! :)

I am happy to tell people about the protocol, maybe they will too one day, step onto the way to optimal!

10. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I found that when i started not eating for four hours before bed and going to bed early between 9-10 the muscle growth and fat loss was remarkable. I could actually feel it when I woke up. And it just keeps getting better. My weight has not changed, but my body comp has changed dramatically. Oh, and I feel great. Still haven't tried fish head smoothie.

11. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Maybe this is how I get my other half to realize I shouldn't eat past 6 at the latest. He "chooses" in my opinion to go to work late and come home late and expect me to eat late. Bullxxxt. I hate it. Seems like I sleep like crap and he too when he does this to me. I like the nights when he comes home really late cuz then I can stick to the plan and eat early by myself.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You choose when you eat.......why blame him! Eat when you should leave his dinner on the plate when he gets home he can eat when he wants and his life can slowly fall into the toilet on his own accord. Do not let his behavior affect your health. If you do you have no one to blame but yourself. You have to exercise control over your domain and stop letting it be usurped by excuses.

Tough message but man you need to hear it and get it.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I can just picture you at a party with your dark sun glasses on! very cooool! You are such a free spirit but with amazing intuition and confidence about you

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

+10000...... had to do that during AN re-feeding. Partner hated it but I had to eat when I needed to eat.... which I had no control over at the time. Body was very demanding of food when it needed it. Still is. Friends don't like it either b/c it makes it hard to go out for dinner with me. Girl's gotta eat when she gets hungry..... no way around it. I suggest they adapt to *my* schedule since they seem to have more flexibility in their eating patterns. Lol.... Yet have to see that happen.....

V, it's what I mean with a partner shouldn't hold you back from thriving in life..... you can't force someone to change and you can't force yourself NOT to change. I had to allow this to happen.... not with the thought of leaving my partner at all... more like, I need to take care of myself and let's see how things will work out. Eventually, my partner and I were living separate lives with a lot of things..... food being a major one. It's about finding your voice and your power. Some relationships take well to it and evolve....move to the next level.... some do not. No way of telling. Food is not the only place that you are evolving. You're evolving as a person, on the inside, your desires and dreams..... everywhere.

15. Inger

Inger Silver

Vkiernan,

me and hubby always ate when we wanted it, and what we wanted. This freedom needs to be. I used to make him dinner and then sit by him whe he was eating, just for companionship. He did not cared if I ate or not! And no.. that is not why we separated ;) (he do is thinking about us beeing together soon but I need to heal totally first before I can decide that, he respects that very much. I am not going into the same stress (alcohol abuse) ever again for sure).

You could do that too, just sit by him if he does not want to eat alone!:)

16. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Yep, that is where I fail big time; I let others run me over. Maybe that is why I love my BAB so much. He is still sleeping and it is all about me and what I want. No one else to consider and no conflict. Can you see why I have AF now? I hate conflict! Some things take me forever to get "out." Guess I need to hold a meeting and discuss "my" eating habits and how they need to change for me. My health thanks you for the kick!

17. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I have actually considered that. I do eat by myself a lot of nights cuz he just comes home way too late and he knows it. My bs also gets the better of me and I have to eat or I tank.

18. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

V, I don't think you need to discuss anything. Just move into action. There is no case to be made or proven here. A marriage doesn't depend on synchronised eating schedules but your health depends on you eating at the right times. I pretty much never eat with my children or husband, but I always sit at the table with them and have conversation time. (It's hard to engage in conversation anyway while gulping down raw fish smoothies.:)) This seems an area where a belief you have ("I hate conflict") is holding you hostage and actually creating exactly that which you hate (LOTS of conflict, both internally and unspoken externally). You are very open and brave to identify what is going on here. But instead of analysing it to death and discussing it ad nauseum (with a partner who may or may not get it), don your Optimal Superhero suit and move into action. You'll be great! Promise.

19. tweety

tweety New Member

I have found it very challenging to balance this. We eat without my husband a lot of nights, but it's eating without the kids that bugs me. I have always placed a lot of value on family meal time, so I struggle when they eat without parents at the table.

I overcame it for lunch, and I just sit with them and drink water. Breakfast they are usually with me. But dinner is the big one!

Itdoes bother me when my hub doesn't come home in time, but I just move on without him. I'm still irritated w him, but much less than if I had waited to have dinner when he came home! There's emotional connection for sure sitting down to a meal together.

20. Well V, I hope all this commentary is welcome - I think we mean well! I do mean well with this!!!!

I have to agree with Kiwi on this. In addition, could this "poor me, I suffer so at his hand" be your modus operandi on actually retaining control and trying to manipulate him? Like if the crying in bed doesn't get his attention - perhaps being sick with "see I told you so!" thrown in will do it?

That "agressively meek" interaction will really wear on a strong personality and can set up a very manipulative and unpleasant dynamic for all involved. By "not asserting" yourself you are abusing him in a sense. . . Mates DO want to please, and if you choose NOT to run your life like you want it - they don't like feeling that resentfulness about it. People want a partner in crime, not just someone that does what they want and loves em no matter how they behave. . . unless it's their mommy.