1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Where are the tanned obese people?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Zeke, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Zeke

Zeke Platinum

Has anyone noticed you rarely see obese people who are tanned?

More evidence that the sun is the key to health

2. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Or maybe they Just aren't comfortable to be outside in a bathing suit. Here in the south I see lots of tanned arms and faces on heavy people.

3. Zeke

Zeke Platinum

Are arms and faces enough surface area to get the job done?

Inger likes this.
  4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

We are out there. :) On beaches in the Canaries I have regularly seen people far heavier than me with far better all over tans. There is a naturist resort next to where we usually stay and larger people who may have been dialled into naturism in private for years and don't give a shit what anyone else thinks, on the public beach where its allowed, they just go for it. As do I. :cool:.

My observation on the beach is that someone can have an amazing tan, but if they are obese they are far more likely to be wearing sunglasses, slapping on sun cream, and are not barefoot. If they were to get up late, and eat breakfast at their resort restaurant, which has a dress code, and don't harness the pre UVb and sunrise frequencies, the signalling isn't the same. If they also eat late, ALAN, devices, no post sunset blue blocking etc and that is consistent with what they do at home.... So I don't think having a tan is protective against obesity, it depends on overall context, and how they achieved the tan. A nice tan either from the sun in a midday window only or say sunbed use doesn't necessarily mean someone is healthier than someone who is less tanned, but who follows circadian rhythm, gets the earlier frequencies in, and blue blocks etc, and perhaps whose tan develops and fades in line with the seasons of the latitude they live at, and that is compatible with their haplotype. And if getting a tan was all it takes to reverse obesity, I'd be a skinny minnie by now ... and I aint. :rolleyes:

5. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

6. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Hey Sue,
    Always love your posts. Thank you.

Marko Pollo likes this.