1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Where are my LR wins ?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by TrishRan, Mar 24, 2019.

1. TrishRan

TrishRan Gold

What drove me to do LR ..... unexplained heart palaptations and a drive to eat carbs at night with some weight gain ( about 3kg) . I am not overweight . I felt energetic in the morning , sleepy by 9.30pm and had overcome Adrenal fatigue over the last 2 years . Overcame a leaky gut situation with good digestion and daily Bristol no 4 snakes and was eating Epi paleo for over 1 year . Back to 5 days work schedule . Diligent sunrise time and a great tan this summer. About to restest Saliva Adrenocortex panel & female hormones. I have done face dunks after dinner but not daily and not sure what the goal is with these ie duration

Whats changed doing LR
    negatives :
    constipation
    less energy overall
    sluggish wake up ( later sunrise thanks to DLS time not helpful)
    flat mood
    positive:
    weight loss
    no cravings
    managing no hunger til 4-5 pm most days
    palps have decreased frequency but can get pm episodes a few times a week .

If I m not getting the list of wins .... how do I know I am LS and should I do the post LR instead and focus on CT side of things to get optimal ? Any advice

2. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

If diet alone is not getting you the results then I think you need to work on C/T.
    We have to remember that rule number 1 is that we are in a N=1 game so we have to experiment (bio-hack) on ourselves.
    I have been dong 15 minute session in 50 degree water, then i need about an hour to warm back up. I'm no struggling with any particular situation currently but am in pursuit of optimal health. The cold helps me consume a high fat diet, helps with sleep and circadian cycles, and helps wipe out any food cravings.
    I'm going to shift C/T to after dinner, maybe 2 hours before bedtime because when I warm back up my body really wants to sleep.
    So yes, I am voting for C/T. you don't have to fill a tub with ice and jump in the first day, you can take it slow and your body will adjust.
    Light, water, and magnetism = get grounded, eat fat, get in the sun, and get cold.
    How much are you able to avoid nnEMF ? (blue light, phone and wi fi signals, power grid, etc.)

3. TrishRan

TrishRan Gold

As much as anyone in a 5G city can .... at least I beleive that Sydney Australia is 5G .

Yes of course grounding( that may be reverse benefit in my city) sun fat ..... and soon to be cold . The CT area of this Forum is abig one to digest . I understand my VO2 max needs to be at a certain level ? However i understand any CT ie colder than body temp bath will help . I also am not sure what the goal with face dunks is ?

4. Karen & Glen C.

Karen & Glen C. New Member

Definately up the CT.

We've been having ups and downs but theres this behind the scenes Fire brewing inside us both..

Follow what Jack says to the end and change will happen..
    The biggest thing is to not bullshit yourself into rationalisation.

5. TrishRan

TrishRan Gold

I'm on my 6 -7th week and been patiently working at the protocol. Ive wanted to abort often . Now I'm wondering how I know I'm done when the "wins" aren't there. I've hated the cold all my life and would find it hard to talk when shivering. I haven't gotten to that yet as Im only doing face dunks and cold showers ( brief) in a very hot summer .

Karen & Glen C. likes this.
  6. Huck

Huck Silver

Do the heart palpitations always happen in the same physical place - like the bedroom? If they do, you likely have an electrical problem in that room.

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Why no wins yet? Maybe they are where you are not looking,you may need more time. Six weeks is a ballpark figure.

It might be a good idea to describe what you do in detail. I get up at... yadda yadda. I ground on.grass,cement etc ... in Park Forest patio in city centre suburbia the country. If your city is 5g this might be a spanner in the works.

8. TrishRan

TrishRan Gold

Thanks Huck . I had considered location and was suspicious. I happen to work 1.5 hrs away from home for 2 days per week out of Sydney and it happens there as well. They are less though and late evening . I have no electricity in my bedroom and Wifi disabled but no control on my neighbours. The NBN ( National broadband network) has been prepared in my street and in the building. I am not connected... yet. I don't believe I can avoid it but will research ootions for the modem/router needed.

9. Inger

Inger Silver

Do you have a meter Trish? If not, you really need to get one. Without measuring, there is no way to know.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  10. TrishRan

TrishRan Gold

I will hire a kit to measiure RF Mag field etc . Was looking at sharing expense with a freind . I don't have a meter. I think the Coronet is recommended .but nor sure what's available in Austtralia. Again .. on the to do list

11. TrishRan

TrishRan Gold

Ok ok so now I love my BAB and have shifted towards the maintenance post Leptin Rx . I find the smaller 25g breakfast means I am definately hungry at lunch and need to make sure I dont eat much ( snack size sardines and green salad) so that by dinner ( early as its an early sunset in Autumn) I can do the 25-75 g of protein and the rest of my carbs.

Any hints eg how important is is to go bigger with evening protein and how much bigger than breakfast ? Could they be equal . JK says protein synthesis is best at end of day .I would prefer to skip lunch and do early dinner so may need to experiment with size of morning protein to tide me over til 5pm and I was doing well with BAB and small dinner so that I had an empty tummy at bedtime 9.30pm or so .

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

With all this effort it would be a good idea to keep eye on fasting insulin.
    Desirable would be when in low single digits.
    Long time between meals is helpful.

That idea somewhat contradict early breakfast and last meal near but before sunset.
    And no food no artificial lights 2-4 hours before bed time (specially in summer time in higher latitudes).

======================================
    https://www.mcssl.com/store/bltsystem/catalog/search?keyword=Homocysteine
    Homocysteine, Plasma 706994 - $28.01
    Insulin - $12.01
    Hemoglobin A1c $8.65
    Glucose, Serum 001032 -$7.98
    Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum $14.45
    DHEAs -$24.35

13. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling Silver

Latest win.. after 4 months my sense of taste is returning. It had been gone for years. (I can't smell much at all.)

Ongoing win.. body fat is being converted to muscle and appearance is changing, my weight is remaining the same. My eyesight is a bit fuzzy but I think it will come around.

I am thankful to live in a low population density.

Inger and Saichi like this.
  14. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

That's a very positive sign. Not to alarm you but check this out:

Olfactory dysfunction predicts 5-year mortality in older adults.

In that study the anosmia is acting as a proxy for brain health and overall physical health.

15. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling Silver

Thank you very much for the information, this is something I would never have considered. It's striking the correlation is so strong regardless of other conditions and lifestyle.

In the past I was exposed to excessive amounts of CO and NO2 in underground operations.

16. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling Silver

An observation on the loss of body fat in the area from neck to hips. The loss is greater on the right side of my body vs on the left. Just wondered why that would be or what process is going on?