1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

When something is difficult, be thankful

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by diane, Nov 14, 2012.

1. diane

diane Gold

This is a really thought provoking article on how things that are difficult actually make us more productive, more creative while creating a deeper and longer lasting understanding.

I see this in reading through Jack's posts. They certainly aren't "easy" for me - but because I work at it and go back and re-read, I value what I get out of them more. And they really make me think, unlike these pop culture magazine ads of "do this and get this".

http://moreintelligentlife.com/content/ideas/ian-leslie/uses-difficulty?buffer_share=7da8f

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Diane for posting that. I, like you struggle to understand Dr. K's blogs at times but I keep rereading and it is getting easier - I just wish I could explain them but I guess in time that will come

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Interesting article, Diane.

I still remember a science lesson from ... 6th grade? The teacher presented a practical problem, and absolutely refused to tell us if we had the correct answer or even if we were on the right track. This was not for a test, or homework. She never answered that question, even after the school year. It was quite intriguing to us, and we discussed/debated the problem amongst ourselves.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes! I've experienced this.

I'll write something out in prose, and then convert it to a traditional poem, and I'm delighted at the results. I'm forced to use different words or phrases, because they just won't work in the poem, and I end up with something much better. More concise, and descriptive.