1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

When it comes to repair is it better to hope or despair?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

On the surface, this question seems simple but it is not at all. The answer is counterintuitive just like quantum mechanical answers seem to be at first glance.

The bottom line is, the quantum world just doesn’t work in the way the world around us works, yet it describes everything in Nature ideally.

Despair is better than hope. Hope is like relying on prayer for change: wishing for something rather than more forcefully working toward it. Hope is dealt with in religions as a subtle method of control. Hope can encourage us to forfeit personal power and control for belief. Never hope for something. Do something about it. When you passively hope for the desired outcome it is tantamount to relinquishing any responsibility for making it happen. Resignedly, you could be giving yourself the message that you can’t do anything about the situation when, quite possibly, you actually could. Once you give something over to an external force, then, practically, you’re “surrendering” to it. Relying on hope allows you time to waste by allowing your ruts to become your own prison. A reliance on hope makes you more gullible. When hope is cherished but repeatedly defeated, it’s vulnerable to be replaced by hopelessness—or downright despair. Despair is the complete absence of hope. And once hope weakens or vanishes, it’s all the harder to take action that could be effective in helping you reach your goals. Begin to act, and do. Reject hope. It is a facade and a belief to reject.

JanSz, Inger, caroline and 2 others like this.
  2. Ravi Sandhu

Ravi Sandhu Silver

I get it, thanks Dr Jack.

3. Well done Uncle @Jack Kruse !

If you don't mind, may I put a blend of your thoughts? ->

Reject "surrender" to external forces, replace hopelessness with knowledge, reasoning yourself to resolve to act on your best behalf. Lift your head, take steps towards daily improvement. Yes, our world circumstances are nearing a quantum barrier; we can see its "preview" effects. Ready yourself; this passage will not be for the faint in heart.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes, this is so true to me!

5. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

I Do, I Can, I Will.
    There is a massive difference between Religious, Humanistic Hope and true Hope in time eternal. In any context etymology matters. No doubt the word Hope has been adulterated down to a 'wimpy' word by the human condition misrepresenting it by human lack of knowledge. A exegetical, categorical and historical study aligns Hope quite differently... more like faith which is a substance hoped for an evidence not yet seen.
    Rather like the Light of the World. Do you know who that is?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    John Schumacher likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Never hope for something.
    Do something about it.

7. Preach it girl !

8. Hope without action eventually decays.

Martha Ray likes this.
  9. I have found dreams come true, so careful dreaming is important. Hard work without visualization just gives you boney fingers.

10. Have you tried lucid dreaming?

Marko Pollo likes this.
  11. It's in my future

12. Martha Ray

Yea ... I have noticed that with or without normal hope or despair we all decay physically eventually... but some folks are murdering themsleves by a lack of knowledge.

Optimal is John 11:23-26 Jesus *said to her, “Your brother will rise from the dead.” 24 Martha *said to Him, “I know that he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; the one who believes in Me will live, even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?

13. Yes

Martha Ray likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I rarely dream.
    What that may indicate?

15. Of the four stages of sleep -> deep sleep in the most important.

What Are The Stages of Sleep?
    Sleep has been traditionally divided into 4 categories: awake, light, deep, and REM sleep. Each one plays an essential role in maintaining your mental and physical health.
    • REM sleep stands for “rapid eye movement”
    • Light and deep sleep can be grouped together as “NREM – non-rapid eye movement” sleep or referred to as “stages 1-4”
    upload_2021-4-15_11-10-43.png

upload_2021-4-15_11-11-17.png
    What Does A Normal Night Look Like?
    The amount of each phase of sleep can vary significantly between nights and individuals. During an ideal night’s sleep, your body has enough time to go through four to five 90-minute cycles that sample different phases of sleep as the night progresses.

In general, each cycle moves sequentially through each stage of sleep: wake, light sleep, deep sleep, REM, and repeat. Cycles earlier in the night tend to have more deep sleep while later cycles have a higher proportion of REM. By the final cycle, your body may even choose to skip deep sleep altogether.
    upload_2021-4-15_11-12-4.png

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Understanding-Sleep

https://www.hormone.org/your-health-and-hormones/sleep-and-circadian-rhythm

NREM sleep and is made up of stages N1-N3
    • Stage N1: This is a stage of light sleep when you are in between being awake and falling asleep.
    • Stage N2: The onset of sleep. This is when you become disengaged from your surroundings, and your body temperature drops.
    • Stage N3: The deepest sleep stage. This is when tissue growth and repair happen, and energy is restored. During this stage, several hormones are released that control functions ranging from growth and development to appetite.
    UNDERSTANDING REM
    During REM sleep, your eyes rapidly move back and forth, hence the name. This stage of sleep is known for having the highest brain activity. This is also when you dream. REM first happens about 90 minutes after falling asleep and reoccurs every 90 minutes. In adults, REM is a relatively short sleep stage that gets longer after every cycle. REM sleep supports daytime function by helping restore energy to the brain and body. Your body becomes immobile and relaxed during REM, possibly to prevent you from acting out your dreams. REM sleep enhances learning and memory and is vital for emotional health.

LUCID Dreaming
    Typically, it is during the last sleep cycle that is when https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sleep/how-to-lucid-dream REM can occur.

https://www.sleepcycle.com/how-to-fall-asleep/sleep-dream-and-boost-your-creativity/

Frequent lucid dreaming associated with increased functional connectivity between frontopolar cortex and temporoparietal association areas - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6290891/
    Individuals who reported lucid dreams spontaneously approximately every other night or more had increased resting-state functional connectivity between the left anterior prefrontal cortex (aPFC) and the bilateral angular gyrus (AG), bilateral middle temporal gyrus (MTG) and right inferior frontal gyrus (IFG).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Marko Pollo and JanSz like this.
  16. Martha Ray

YES! John Happy you know.

17. Martha Ray

When I want to dream I take B1 Thiamine and, or Tryptophan (Food Research 100% food supplement) They both produce dreams for me.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Michael Saylor owns the word "hope"

Apparently he owns hundreds of words ......

Hugely interesting man.

19. I also add a bit of "faith" to it. As I lye in bed breathing - (full inhale, slow exhale, hold the exhale and feel my heart in my chest), I think about how good it is to alive, think about how well I believe I will sleep and imagine the emotional recovery this sleep will bring, then I extend a hope for the future tomorrow.