1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What's going on with my thyroid?!?!

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by BJK77, Jul 25, 2012.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

My thyroid is just all over the place. Thankfully my rT3 is staying low, but everything else is totally whacked! The lab couldn’t even test my TSH or T4 this last time due to “heterophilic interference.†I had to google that to find out that they are some type of antibodies that cause inaccurate readings. I have no idea what to make of that.

The results that they were able to provide are below along with my last labs. The current set was done after starting T3. I had been on ½ grain in the AM and ½ grain PM for about 3 weeks prior to this test. I’m also on ½ grain Naturethroid AM and PM.

TSH

7/13: Test not performed due to heterophilic interference

5/15: 4.63 H

2/21: 0.04 L

RANGE: .4 – 4.50 mIU/L

FT3

7/13: 6.0 H

2/21: 3.0

RANGE: 2.3 – 4.2 pg/mL

Total T3

7/13: 232 H

5/15: 62 L

RANGE: 76 – 181 ng/dL

FT4

7/13: 0.6

2/21: 0.7

RANGE: 0.6 – 1.6 ng/dL

Total T4

7/13: Test not performed due to heterophilic interference

5/15: 4.2 L

RANGE: 4.5 – 12.0 mcg/dL

rT3

7/13: 13

2/21: 17

RANGE: 11 – 32 ng/dL

T3 Uptake

5/15: 36 H

RANGE: 22 – 35%

I thought for sure my T3 was converting to rT3 because after starting Cytomel I was having a lot of difficulty with CT, but apparently that’s not the case. I am shocked that my T3 is so high. In the past it’s always been extremely low, less than 0.03 even. I don’t have any signs of it being high – no palpitations, anxiety, etc. My sleep has been a bit off lately, but I thought that was more due to hormones. Maybe not though . . .