1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What your health insurance covers is influenced by the RUC

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Shijin13, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Did you know that what your health insurance covers is influenced by the RUC (pronounced ruck). The RUC is a secretive 29 person panel run by the American Medical Association that steers the cost of healthcare services and guides the government on Medicare reimbursement.
    http://bit.ly/TakingtheTaxpayersforaRide

2. Josh

Josh Gold

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

steers? how bout tells us and sets the price

Shijin13 likes this.
  4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I realize that Jack. But all my "research" to include the GAO reports said it Steers the price. I actually wish I could walk into my doctor, or labcorp - and see the costs of the services broken down into the following categories:

Cash/No Insurance
    medicare
    Insurance (priced out by which insurance you've got)

so If I'm going in for a 1hr preventative care apt - this is what I know i'm getting:

Cash/ No Insurance = $345/hr (or what ever the doctors hourly rate is to cover Admin, facilities fees, billing etc)
    medicare = $145
    Insurance = $145

But I also realize that's not going to happen either... so How do we fix a broken system. Were working on it from the patient perspective - but we haven't started working on how to fix the system as driven by lobbyist!