1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

what was something you did that surprised you at how well it improved your sleeP/

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by taiyang, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

I just used this tape one uses when painting the walls, you know? I just taped a little here and there, it sticks well as it is not heavy. I think I did the shiny side out but I am not sure anymore..lol. In the end I covered the whole wall with wallpaper, a light type of it. I just used wallpaper paste to fix it on the alufoil. So now the wall looks pretty normal ;) Ok a little weird it looks but I do not care.

But I did feel weird a few days after doing that work. My hands got kinda swollen and I felt a little off. I guess I should have used gloves? I wonder if the aluminium can stick to your skin and travel inside your body? At least if doing it again I would protect me better... I just used bare hands you know.. and it was a lot of work as I did the wall 4 times over!
    Do not do this if you are not sure where the radiation comes from tho. That could make it even worse! And test with a meter to check that you are not produing a microvawe oven in the process ;)
    I used the wifi signals on my laptop to check how much weaker the signal got and it was a significant decrease. But I have only 2 walls plastered, opposite walls, that is where the radiation comes from. Otherwise here is quite a little nnEMF so I felt safe doing it. I would not create a faraday cage, that is too risky I guess. If it is not 100% right done it might make the nnEMF trapped inside and just make it worse! :confused:

taiyang likes this.
  2. philip malone

philip malone Silver

A lot of good info here - I'll just add that on top of low emf and no blu light in the evening, I found an eye mask to help me a lot. You want absolutely no light when you sleep....

taiyang likes this.
  3. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Blackout curtains are a good investment too. You don't want light on any of your skin surfaces while you are sleeping. My room is so dark, I can't see my fingers in front of my nose at night. Target and many other retailers carry them now.

I also have the head of our bed elevated by 6" I found bed risers at Target as well

taiyang likes this.
  4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

This is the reflective paper I've got, pegged to a cheap room divider so I can move it.

upload_2017-12-6_13-41-52.png

Mystic Rose60, taiyang and caroline like this.
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've got blackout curtains at home, on holiday I now pack 4 big black plastic wheelie bin liners and some blue tack, and stick them up on windows if there's light pollution and the curtains don't do enough. (I could buy them when I get there, but not always practical if we arrive late in the day). Easy to put away in the morning and put back up again next night. Better than a sleep mask for me, I find they make my eyes hot, and that my eyes can't "breathe" properly ....
    My next hack .... thank you. :)

taiyang, Lahelada and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

First night with some 5 inch riser bed elevation. The ones I ordered are stackable, could do a 5, 3 or an 8, but trying the 5 inch first. Finished eating by 4, I went to sleep in a blacked out room, (open window, coldest night so far), summer covers and after using a migraine cap from the freezer to cool my CSF for 20 mins. Pilot light kicking in, reckon I slept from about 8.30 pm to around 5 am. Then drank some water and went back to sleep for a couple more hours (which I wouldn't normally do if I go to bed so early). For all the eye rolling and moaning about sleeping in such a cold room, and sliding down the bed, DH didn't need to get up in the night to pee last night. Interesting .....:)

seanb4 likes this.
  7. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi @Sue-UK

What a great idea!
    Where did you buy this paper?
    It looks likes wrapping foil for presents?
    Could I use aluminium foil that is used for isolation, what do you think?