1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What vehicle do you all drive?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Tara.P, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Tara.P

Tara.P Gold :)

We need a new (to us) family vehicle and our 2013 VW Golf has really high magnetic fields. :(

I'm willing to get anything that's lower EMF and bigger than our tiny Golf. Hopefully reliable too. Doesn't matter age!

My sister just purchased a 2019 Toyota Corolla. I'm sure it's an EMF hell-hole. I feel bad for her.

2. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

Subaru Outback

3. Tara.P

Tara.P Gold :)

Thanks :) Have you tested it with a meter? What values did you have?

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Opel Vectra 2003.
    Have tested mine and it is good except- less good when lights are on. So I keep lights off always when it is possible (it is allowed in Germany, except not after dark, of course)

I will have to change it soon though, I need a smaller one.

I have measured Kia around 2014 models, 2 different ones, Rio and the smaller one. They were great radiation wise! Huyndai i30 2006 is also great - I had that before and measured it too.

Volkswagen Polo is really bad. I measured it. Even without much tech. But really high magnetic readings.
    Porsche Jeep, a newer model, is also horrendous. Meter went all red. Of course, tons of tech.

5. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

I have. It’s quite low. I walked around the car dealership with a tri meter until I found one that wasn’t off the charts and that was it.

6. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

A few years ago, so I don't have links, I read about people trying to find low-EMF vehicles, and if I remember right the best was the mid-'80s and earlier Mercedes diesels. And about how people say those are reliable - they're durable if well-maintained, not always reliable; they may need repairs often and so not be reliable in that you can expect to drive them for months without a repair, and the cost of those little repairs adds up, but if you keep up with all the maintenance and minor repairs then the most important and costly parts will last hundreds of thousands of miles. So with the inconvenience of maybe needing repairs often, if you can afford it maybe get two.

For something a little more day-to-day reliable but that would still probably only go about 200k-250k miles, even with good maintenance and some major repairs, instead of the ~300-400k like the Mercedes, early to mid-'90s Honda and Toyota sedans are probably low-EMF, maybe not as low as the Mercedes diesels but probably relatively low compared to almost all cars made in the last couple decades.

So, Mercedes - maybe lots of minor repairs and maintenance but shouldn't need major repairs until 250-300k miles or more. Or Honda or Toyota - would probably need major repairs around 200-250k miles but might not need minor repairs, before that many miles, as often as a Mercedes.

I'd like if car companies would still make the designs that have proven to be most reliable, like how music gear companies make reissues of instruments and amps, but I guess some of why they don't is because to make an '80s or '90s car to the same specifications they'd have to have all the infrastructure for the parts, and not all the parts that were used new are made anymore, and to make those parts again maybe there has to be specific machines that there aren't many left of now, so you can't get a newly made old design car because you can't get the parts, you can't get the parts because you can't get the machines that made the parts, you can't get the machines because you can't get the machines that made the machines... It's gotta still be possible to make replicas of those parts that would be economical to invest in the infrastructure for if the cars they'd be for would sell enough, and those reissue models could keep being made for several years. I guess maybe filling the gaps in the infrastructure for old car parts replicas is too much more costly compared to instruments considering what kind of cars the manufacturers expect people to want. I wonder how feasible it'd be for a car manufacturer to reissue a classic model and sell it at a higher price than it originally sold for to cover the infrastructure costs, and price it like a lower-cost luxury range model and then a person could choose if they'd rather pay a little extra for tested reliability of a reissue than a car with fancy luxury features. But reissue instruments also don't use as much fossil fuels. And I guess rock and roll is less pollution than diesel exhaust.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020