1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What to do with a goiter?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Butters, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Hello guys. I have a slight more or less goiter since puberty. My mother also has one (breadcrump).
    I have no hypothyroidism although TSH could be lower. I consider supplement with lugols on a high dosis together with selenium.

What should I consider to do?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

sunlight ...........You need to get to tropics more often and eat some seafood/seaweed...........that is all.

3. Butters

Butters New Member

No tropics for a young family made of student :(
    Is it possible to reduce the goiter?

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes with man made means........and that means collateral damage. You ready for that student?

5. Butters

Butters New Member

No other way than operation room? Hoped I can reverse it through environmental fix.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We can radiate it for you or use iodine.........ready?

What about seafood/seafood? Safe.

ALEXIS TUDOR likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[qu ote="Butters, post: 205012, member: 9350"]Hello guys. I have a slight more or less goiter since puberty. My mother also has one (breadcrump).
    I have no hypothyroidism although TSH could be lower. I consider supplement with lugols on a high dosis together with selenium.

What should I consider to do?[/quote]

Good idea.

8. Butters

Butters New Member

One question I have. Is there a risk of sideffects from highdosage iodine on a normal thyroid panel?
    I will go to a med soon, but he will likely neither know high dosis lugols supplementation nor recommend it.
    The conservative treatment I found for euthyroide struma is combination of T4 and iodine (but low dosage like 200mcg), which seems to work good. So he likely would recommend that.

9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Butters, read Dr Ks response again. I do not think he is recommending you high dose lugols. AT ALL... This is an imported idea from other practitioners that muddies the waters here. Seafood is considered safe as there is balance in the iodine content and the "cofactors" . Check all the "advice" you are given and that includes mine!

Butters lies noch einmal was Dr K gesagt hat . Ich glaube nicht ,dass er Lugols in Hoch Dosis empfiehlt .. GANZ UND GAR NICHT. Das ist eine importierte Idee von einem anderen Arzt. Seefruechte und Fisch werden als sicher angesehen da sie Jod im richtigen Verhaeltnis zu den "Kofaktoren" enthalten. Pruefe jeden Ratschlag der Dir gegeben wird, auch meinen!

JanSz likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2017-2-5_9-17-35.png @Lahelada

11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

@JanSz See date and see context. See what was said above by DR K. and date above. You choose to disregard the post re supplementation that was here a while ago where Dr K makes his view quite clear.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

=========

13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I am reading that entirely different than you... Read the next line and see the juxtaposition to SAFE . ( Emphasis mine) I nterjected as Butters is not a native speaker and may have missed the nuance. If I have done so I will stand corrected...

caroline likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Discussing iodine and thyroid gland de-emphasize importance of iodine and potassium iodide for the rest of the body.
    Thyroid gland needs are about 50 relative t0 1550 for the whole body.
    When someone is missing iodine enough that there is not enough for thyroid gland he/she is in very deep hole.
    When someone eats seaweed and seafood since birth, he/she may have enough iodine.
    Someone who would be starting from (practically) zero will have to wait 5-10 years to get to some kind of balance.
    The proposed daily doses of lugol's are excessively high for a reason.
    Even with those doses, some say, that it would take 5 years to replenish it sufficiently to create balance.

15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Good point on the surface of it. The cofactors how would you scale them ? The influence of light? I call your attention to Hashimoto treatment with IR Light and the successes thereof. Is Lugols really the best thing we can do ? Are we really outsmarting Mother Nature that way? Als who are you citing above?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    caroline likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Instead of that question,
    ask @Jack Kruse why he have recommends use of Lugols?

17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I did not "call"as he has explained on a previous occasion and above to my mind. Paleo versus Epi Paleo....

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Not sure if attaching names is useful.
    You may want to revisit this topic when dealing with:
    halides;
    fluoride
    bromide
    chloride
    or
    fibrocystic breasts
    uterine fibroids
    some other
    but skip thyroid gland, it just confuses the issue at hand

There is a story that @Jack Kruse wrote about painful breasts of a model during his student years.
    Resolved almost instantly with Lugol's use.

19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I remember that story .It illustrates the importance of iodine its use in accute circumstances but does not extrapolate for me the need for Lugols. I think pointing out that you are citing other sources than Dr Kruse on the Dr kruse forum is a useful for people who have not had the chance yet to read as much as we have. Gotta get out of here . Too much blue light for today.have a few other issues I want to suss out ,more pressing ones.

caroline and JanSz like this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I worry about newbies reading things here [posted by us] that may not pertain to their situation or may not be accurate ..... and they may think that what we say is sanctioned by Dr.K..

I know, I know ..... buyer beware.

and Dr.K. has told me often enuf that I worry too much.