1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What the H--- is Factor X??? Post your guesses.

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by AKMan, Mar 14, 2012.

1. jbond56

jbond56 New Member

It can be a sign of Mg deficiency.

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Yep, there is a clinical trial going on for that right now.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01273883

Magnesium improved hearing recovery and lessened tinnitus in patients with idiopathic sudden hearing loss (Gordin et al, 2002). More recently, Nageris et al (2004) showed in a well-controlled study that magnesium was a relatively safe and convenient adjunct to corticosteroid treatment for enhancing the improvements of hearing in acute-onset sensorineural hearing loss at a dose of 4 g. The protective effect of magnesium in noise-induced hearing loss has been previously reported (Ising et al, 1982; Scheibe et al, 2000).

Despite these encouraging findings, no controlled study has examined the effect of magnesium supplementation for patients with moderate to severe tinnitus.

3. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110608153544.htm

Researchers Discover Superatoms With Magnetic Shells

ScienceDaily (June 8, 2011) — A team of Virginia Commonwealth University scientists has discovered a new class of 'superatoms' -- a stable cluster of atoms that can mimic different elements of the periodic table -- with unusual magnetic characteristics.

The superatom contains magnetized magnesium atoms, an element traditionally considered as non-magnetic. The metallic character of magnesium along with infused magnetism may one day be used to create molecular electronic devices for the next generation of faster processors, larger memory storage and quantum computers.

In a study published online in the Early Edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the team reports that the newly discovered cluster consisting of one iron and eight magnesium atoms acts like a tiny magnet that derives its magnetic strength from the iron and magnesium atoms. The combined unit matches the magnetic strength of a single iron atom while preferentially allowing electrons of specific spin orientation to be distributed throughout the cluster.

In a study published online in the Early Edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the team reports that the newly discovered cluster consisting of one iron and eight magnesium atoms acts like a tiny magnet that derives its magnetic strength from the iron and magnesium atoms.
    The combined unit matches the magnetic strength of a single iron atom while preferentially allowing electrons of specific spin orientation to be distributed throughout the cluster.

4. Viridian

Viridian New Member

Is it Rx? Mother Nature's prescription for our evolutionary mismatches? She left these pathways in us so we could "find our way home" after the mismatches have wreaked havoc with our species.

5. marteen

marteen New Member

Now I'm thinking Factor X was a problem (selection pressure) which uniquely required mental power to overcome, like never before. And therefore selected for the high protein diet responsible for our brain size increase. We had to master our environment somehow to survive, which separates us from other animals. But I'm drawing a blank on the 'what'. Maybe we had to learn to catch fish, deep from cold water.

6. LinD

LinD New Member

7. LinD

LinD New Member

8. Tizawee

Tizawee New Member

I get my flu shot every year and have no pollen allergies that I'm aware of (never any symptoms). Any idea how to research what's involved with identifying specific microorganisms?

9. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I just read a lot... I tripped over a really neat article and couldn't find it again.... I wouldn't know abut microorganism. I'm just trying to starve the carbohydrate shells off of anything.

10. AmyK

AmyK New Member

So many things in the natural world are trying to lead us toward that which we seek--to show us what is in our best interest. :)

http://www.themoodmender.com/ShowLetter_Eagle_op_467x600.jpg

11. Linz

Linz New Member

I have a single loud note in my ear after ct and a more delicate oscillating sound alternating between two notes when I ate rather a lot of sugar after several years of relatively clean diet. Cell membranes ..... Senses waking up...

12. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Originally Posted by Jack Kruse "to make it even more mind numbing FACTOR X goes only by two letters in many places............two letters in our alphabet."

My guess: "UV"?

13. tercay@yahoo.com

tercay@yahoo.com New Member

My guess is IQ The ability to choose and create mismatches

14. donkjellberg

donkjellberg Silver

I guessed this a few weeks ago . . . did not elicit a response so it is a nope.

15. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Nope. I guessed that one eons ago. Not it.

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Wow, 100K views for this thread!

17. BK Davis

BK Davis New Member

18. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Ah... well at least I tried. :D

19. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member