1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What the H--- is Factor X??? Post your guesses.

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by AKMan, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Joann

Joann New Member

Yes don't stop. why can't the blob eat new york city?

Wouldn't dare ......a native New Yorker here. lol

2. Birdy

Birdy New Member

underwater treadmills? Hmmm, can that be used for underwater basketweaving? BTW, how DO they get that dark color in native american baskets. Do they make them underwater too?

3. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

And this was also interesting.....

"The control of apoptosis and ROS flux by the miR-210-ISCU1/2 pathway may offer insight into the complex processes by which ROS levels are regulated by hypoxia. It has been proposed that hypoxia initially up-regulates mitochondrial ROS flux and consequently induces HIF-1α due to a mismatch of electron transport and decreased oxygen partial pressure. Upon induction of HIF-1α and HIF-dependent compensatory mechanisms, however, repression of electron transport corrects the mismatch with reduced oxygen tension, thereby decreasing ROS production, decreasing apoptosis, and optimizing energy production in the hypoxic cell (Semenza, 2007). Based on this model, the repression of ISCU1/2 and iron-sulfur cluster biogenesis by miR-210 during normoxia would create a mismatch in electron transport and oxygen concentration that leads to an increase in toxic ROS production and increased apoptosis, as corroborated by our data (Fig. 4E-H). In contrast, during hypoxia, miR-210 should induce a decrease of ROS flux by acting as a homeostatic mechanism to relieve, rather than aggravate, such a mismatch of electron transport and oxygen concentration. In corroboration, inhibition of miR-210 in HPAECs appears to increase ROS flux after hypoxic exposure (Supp. Fig. 4A) and to decrease ATP levels as compared with antisense control (Supp. Fig. 4B), indicating an adaptive role for this miRNA during hypoxic stress. Notably, apoptotic caspase activity (Supp. Fig. 4C) and cell viability (Supp. Fig. 4D) of HPAECs are not significantly affected by inhibiting miR-210 under these cell-culture conditions of hypoxia. Only under extreme stress of growth factor and serum deprivation in the setting of hypoxia does inhibition of miR-210 induce a modest increase of caspase 3,7 signaling and a correlative decrease in cell viability (Supp. Fig. 4E-F). These subtle effects on cell survival likely reflect the activity of additional compensatory mechanisms to maintain cell viability, which may be especially prominent in the HPAEC, a cell type which is exceptionally resistant to hypoxia-induced cell death (Tretyakov and Farber, 1995). Nonetheless, when interpreted with other studies demonstrating the repression of apoptosis by miR-210 during hypoxia in other cellular contexts (Fasanaro et al., 2008; Kulshreshtha et al., 2007), these data lend credence to a model in which miR-210 carries a maladaptive role during normoxia, causing a mismatch of ambient oxygen and electron transport, but an adaptive role during hypoxia due to the homeostatic correction of the imbalance of electron transport and oxygen exposure."

Hmmmmmm hypoxia makes interesting things occur, no?

4. LinD

LinD New Member

Wow, what are you smoking?

Sprint Samsung Epic

5. janagram

janagram New Member

Excellent, LinD!

But seriously, folks....have we gone off the deep end with the nose breathing thing?

6. Birdy

Birdy New Member

7. Animal weight goes up as cube of size. Animal strength only goes up as square of size. (Post 1998)

need different gravity for king kong.

It's also why little warm blooded animals have to eat more (in comparison to their bodyweight.) than bigger animals. and why babies can struggle with temperature homeostasis.

little= more surface less volume. No wonder that omega ratio can make such a difference!

'The littler the being, the more important the skin.' (old cell membrane proverb)

8. Linz

Linz Gold

The tinnitus is our inner canary

9. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Yup. Lets call it Factor Y. ;)

Cooling

10. ..........and at the 'other' end of the rainbow.......sunlight!

and though it's unfortunate (health wise) that we can "color outside the lines"*, the neolithic kaleidoscope gave me so much pleasure in the '60's!...

Cream...'Sunshine of your Love' (live): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqh54rSzheg[/video]][video=youtube_share;Cqh54rSzheg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqh54rSzheg[/video]

(* great line Doc, thanks)http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?1461-Article-on-Yahoo-about-using-cold-to-zap-the-fat-cells-away!!&p=23658#post23658

11. maggie

maggie New Member

And this also sounds like Pranayama.

12. AmyK

AmyK New Member

Loved that line, too! It is unfortunate that we MUST color outside the lines... and ironic that coloring outside the lines is what leads to the optimal specimen/work of art (i.e. David).

13. LinD

LinD New Member

We'll find out soon.... Next week or when the book is published.

:)

Sprint Samsung Epic

14. You have just given me a bit of an idea, AmyK.

In the military (and I'm sure Randychaps might vouch for this) often the best military policemen were those that once lived outside the law, who then were caught and 'suffered' 1-2 years training in military corrective prison. They became the ultimate 'poachers turned gamekeepers'.

Well. we have all been poachers in the neolithic world until very recently, coloring outside the lines to one varying degree or another. Now we are applying our own corrective treatments, as recommended by the 'chief of staff'.

So how about those who need a bit of encouragement (from some newly Konverted gamekeepers).......why not visit a 'Kruse Korporal Kamp' and get 'Korrected' into shape!

(does sound a bit 'WW2-ish', though!!) .....but I do know of some budding Kamp Officers!

15. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I'm "game!"

16. Oh do keep it coming. I have such a nerd crush on your posts!!!

17. or a little 'softer' more Kuddly treatment, for those of a gentler disposition.........The 'Kruse Karma Kollective'...........

18. What are you thinking on this? I ask because I've had lots of tinnitus the last month. I get it quite a bit during and after deep CT.

19. Joann

Joann New Member

hmmm, as I take my antibiotic for today for my tooth......wish i could go in my cave!

20. chocolate

chocolate Silver

You guys are totally right about tinnitus being significant. I saw that somewhere awhile back...It seems a deficiency or SOMETHING surprisingly controllable. ARGH! I just remember it being seasonal. I had it when I had my wisdom teeth. That's the only reason I pulled them.

http://www.coem.com/programstreatment_EarRinging.shtml

After training in Dr. Miller’s technique, I soon discovered that I could use flu vaccine to turn off the whole spectrum of diseases and disorders classified as a cranial nerve neuronitis. These include vertigo, Meniere’s syndrome, Bell’s palsy, and migraine headaches. What they all seem to have in common is the presence of the Herpes Simplex virus-1 (HSV-1). In my 29 years of medical practice, I have seen many cases of vertigo and/or ear ringing that were successfully treated by identifying and desensitizing allergens and using viral neutralization.

Some cases of ear ringing will not respond to pollen desensitization therapies or viral neutralization. In this population, it may be found that they are literally reacting to the presence of bacteria in their bodies. For these cases, identifying the specific microorganisms and neutralizing them often turns off the ear ringing.