1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What the H--- is Factor X??? Post your guesses.

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by AKMan, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There will be but that will be a different scene.......the depth of this issue is massive and cant be covered in a simple lecture. The discussions are endless.

2. We'll all be shown the pathways soon enough and the original 'kick up the arxe' that got things going in the first place.

Meanwhile more useful waiting time for enjoying lots of whiting, weights and water.

......and we can still keep on guessing the letters.......I see your 'EM', Darleen and raise you a 'PO'

'O' is also nearly at the 'end of the rainbow' but that might just be a bit of MJ's 'laser scatter' I'm chasing there! Meeoww.

3. and how about playing phrase of the day to pass the hours? Here goes mine:

4. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I'm out of place with everything here, but where did you find that quote? I need some context, I am looking at a supplement to mediate this and it seems to be genetic.

5. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I would recommend connecting early. Last time I waited until the last minute and then discovered I needed some Java software I didn't already have. It was PAINFUL waiting 20 minutes for 67 MB to download. I even kicked my husband off the wireless to try to speed things up. Thankfully the MMs let me watch the first part of the video afterwards but I was majorly bummed when I joined late.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This one is going to have slides for the visual learners as I talk.......and I imagine there will be questions........but the blog right after it will really give you something to think about after this webinar.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8. chocolate; 'highlight' 4or5 of the words in the quote and 'google search' .....straight to the paper.

Thanks to the keyboard (and Doc Kruse Katalyst) I've just discovered that self induced slight hypoxia (slow nose breathing ) is a well known russian (and UK NHS ) medical technique.

Also that Native Americans knew about this skill long ago!.....http://archive.org/stream/shutyourmouthan00catlgoog#page/n4/mode/2up ( if you do nothing else with this link please just read p17 and 18. )

'Factor X' has helped me learn more in the last 3 months than I learnt in 3 years at university!

9. chocolate

chocolate Silver

That's how I go to sleep. Or you can put your head under the covers if there is light, but waking up hot sucks. Or you can put two or three layers of cold wet cloths on your face.

Thanks.

I was foolishly searching this blog. I did that before with a filthy bastard that I thought was government, but it turns out he just bought politicians.

10. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759401/

MicroRNA-210 Controls Mitochondrial Metabolism during Hypoxia by Repressing the Iron-Sulfur Cluster Assembly Proteins ISCU1/2

"Repression of mitochondrial respiration represents an evolutionarily ancient cellular adaptation to hypoxia and profoundly influences cell survival and function; however, the underlying molecular mechanisms are incompletely understood. Primarily utilizing pulmonary arterial endothelial cells as a representative hypoxic cell type, we identify the iron-sulfur cluster assembly proteins (ISCU1/2) as direct targets for repression by the hypoxia-induced microRNA-210 (miR-210)."

Does holding breath under water count? :p

Cooling

11. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Thanks Lyndra! I'll be early then. :)

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

no.......but you better remember this paper when you read the blog that immediately follows the webinar......that is all I can say now.

13. LinD

LinD New Member

14. I wonder if Factor X is something as simple, but as broad as "the environment?" Waiting anxiously for a NOPE. :eek:)

15. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Oh, I am sure I already know it, just haven't pestered folks with e-mails.

16. Birdy

Birdy New Member

ok I feel better now

17. Entelechy

Entelechy New Member

why the blob will never eat New York, and Jurassic Park cannot exist.

a cube with a side length of 1 meter has a surface area of 6 m2 and a volume of 1 m3. If the dimensions of the cube were doubled, its surface area would be increased to 24 m2 (4 times)and its volume would be increased to 8 m3 (8 times).........

what effect would this have on biological systems regarding

strength,

height,

weight,

bone density,

energy requirements,

metabolism,

respiration,

o2,

mitochondria and ROS

18. Entelechy

Entelechy New Member

Then why drag out the expose? Can't just be about milking it.

19. Entelechy

Entelechy New Member

Anna, If that's directed at me, my answer is because it's Jacks story to tell, not mine.

I'm just painting some background scenery for context, but was timing the backdrop for next week.... not for months from now. screw it.

20. AmyK

AmyK New Member

Please don't stop, Entelechy! I'm enjoying (and learning a lot from) your posts!