1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What LHT do you follow?

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Shijin13, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So what LHT program do you follow?

PBS fitness? Starting strength?, Body by science? Convict conditioning? Or something completely different?

For the past yr and change I've been doing PB fitness....now I'm transitioning it more toward BbS

What are you doing for your LHT?

2. I have been doing a more advanced version of SS, called Texas Method (TM) for 4 wks. I train 3 x week, basically: 1 moderately heavy, 1 very heavy, 1 moderately light. And pull ups. No conditioning, just some walking here and there. I'm a 40 yo female, not a novice and not young, so SS would not be for me.

3. SimonM

SimonM New Member

OK guys, I *thought* I was up on this stuff, but can you explain LHT, PB, SS...?

:confused:

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

LHT = lift heavy things

SS = starting Strenght

BBS = body by science

CC = convict conditioning

The purpose of the above is 3 things , get strong and fit & LGN (look good naked)

5. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Gretchen, I started out doing a lot of Jillian Michaels, but now that my focus is on LHT and not HIIT, I'm loosely following the Starting Strengh-schedule/plans, as well as the PBF stuff.

6. fabbecky

fabbecky New Member

I have started kettlebell training recently and love it! I am also going to start training for a half marathon. I figure my actual race will be lots of walking and some sprinting.

7. Croak

Croak New Member

My HT is me. You'd have to put a gun to my head to get me lifting weights again, let alone setting foot in a gym. Been there, done that to excess in my youth, don't want any part of that culture these days. This is my journey, and it doesn't require membership fees, lockers, or lycra.

And I know that Grok didn't have kettleballs, barbells, or a row of Nautilus machines. :)

MouseBandit likes this.
  8. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

I really like kettlebells and I do bodyweight stuff, too, like planks and regular/reverse pushups.

I also love certain isometric moves from Bar Method and certain moves from T-Tapp (not a tap dance workout, lol!). T-Tapp is totally dorky, but Teresa Tapp really knows muscle mechanics and her small moves produce results. She's in fantastic shape.

I like moves that give you the most results in the least amount of time;)

MouseBandit likes this.
  9. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I am looking into kettlebells for a lifting workout. Was a gym rat for years...even had a person trainer for 7 of them. I kinda want to stay away from the gym and maybe just do some things at home. Any suggestions on DVDs or internet programs for how to kettlebell it?

I've heard a lot about T-Tapp too. Since you mentioned it hazyjane which of her DVDs do you recommend?

Thanks!

10. I'd be very interested in what JK has to say about Teresa Tapp and her theories and workout. I'm no fitness expert, but having read a lot of the different fitness books and theories over the years, hers makes, by far, the most sense to me, and it seems to be especially excellent for women. I did HIIT for a long time in my 20s and like Croak, I don't want any part of the gym culture or weight-lifting world (which seems so often to lead to the bodybuilding cult). I think bodyweight exercises and LHT are natural, normal and effective, and I think T-Tapp is both effective and therapeutic in many regards, including electrical flow throughout the body.

11. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Whatever you do. do it outside. So far I have messed with bodyweight programs (onnit), functional movement like movenat or ido portal, kettlebells (pavel tasouline} Yoga, Barefoot hiking, Hill sprints and now Im messing with the X3 bar outside for heavier resistance training. I can throw it in a duffle bag and take it outside anywhere. Id also like to try gymnastic rings and set them up outside.