1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What is your body's "check engine" light?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by drezy, Mar 17, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

As a teen I had some struggles with acne. Although I really hated it, I went as far as to start objectifying myself as just a person who has acne -- period end of story. Now, 30ish years later I'm very happy to see an occasional pimple pop up. Why? Because it is my "check engine" light and I've taught my son how to identify issues like this and backtrack them.

In the same way that a real check engine light alerts you that maybe your engine will seize up soon, bio-"check engine" lights seem to be very helpful in deducing something I may have done wrong over the past 48 hours. I found this incredibly helpful with finding foods that are troubling to me and now, thanks to JK, I'm able to expand this discovery process out to the environment that I've dipped myself into over the last 48 hours+.

My personal "check engine lights" are:

Blemishes/deep pimples - Large amounts of wheat(bread, beer, additives...) ingestion [Endothelial damage?]
    Creaky/minor-arthritic hands - Potatoes (tough one for a descendant of the Polish) Beans too [Lectin ]
    Lower back stiffness - Alcohol
    Higher BP - When I'm not managing MTHF issues properly

2 months into a fasting(dinner to dinner), CT-ing(3xweek), earthing(30-120min per day), and at least 1 hour of morning sun I've found my reaction to these foods & issues diminish.

This leaves me two choices:
    1.)blacklist these foods for eternity
    2.)use these foods occasionally in moderate amounts as a test for my overall health (aka: the best doctor is the one in your head)

I'm grateful that in a microwaved world I've at least got some fairly easy "check engine" lights to let me know when I'm getting off the path.

Does anyone else have "check engine" lights that are useful when trying to determine health in-between lab tests? Do you use them to guide you?

John Saf, ScottishEmma and caroline like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Blemishes/deep pimples----->acne

Whatever you do, newer newer newer use Accutane (isotretinoin).

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dressy - it sounds like you are very mindful and trusting your instincts and the super Doctor in your head.

I wish I was better at that.....

4. drezy

drezy New Member

@JanSz Yikes! I looked up the side effects on web md. Yikes "Rectal Bleeding"!

I must admit my own bias. I treat any pharmaceuticals above Tylenol grade with slightly less trust than back alley heroin. With listed side effects on some pharmaceuticals like "death" I think financially the heroin dealer needs me to return more than the doctor does. Maybe I'm a bit Kafkaesque with that perspective, but I've been thrilled with the results from Jack Kruse's recommendations. Also to total what money I've spent so far on this approach: $4.52 (several 2.5 gallon freeze jugs for my tub).

I've got my game pretty squared away and now quantum charging it with the wealth of knowledge here. I'm just seeking to optimize my health. It gets kind of addictive when you make simple changes and notice bigger rewards than ever.

My main interest here is whether others have soft fail "check engine" lights. For example if I beat up my gut some and then throw some wheat in there, I'm guaranteed a pimple on my face. It can really be a useful diagnostic tool when you think about it. I spent my career identifying failure in semiconductors and software systems. Soft fails are often your best friend if you can recognize it for what it is.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love your approach ^^^^ I am thinking it is a littler hard for women .....too many systems to get screwed up? hormones can be such a nitemare.

But it is great to have checks and balances in one's life........I need to think about this more.

Maybe we just naturally gravitate to what is better for us? after all - when JK came on our radar ........it was a lock.

we didn't, necessarily, have to get all the science - we knew that we had found something real and hugely important and, in fact, of epic and quantum proportions.

6. drezy

drezy New Member

@caroline

I've been blessed by being surrounded with good people and a sense of (often latent) curiosity.

My wife and I work in the tech industry. If you've ever used a phone from a company named after a fruit, a network router, an iMac, or any car with more than a needle speedometer we've possibly tested, coded, designed, or competed against it. The great thing about an engineering mindset is: Hey, F*ck the science, just try the solution briefly and see if there is a benefit. Endless pondering is the most expensive move.

@caroline, as a man, I like me some women! You are for sure correct about the difference between sexes. I know you're the last person I need to point toward this, but for posterity the women jumping on point seems to be Iodine, Estrogen and Ketosis: The Wake-Up Call for Menopausal Women in https://www.jackkruse.com/energy-epigenetics-7/. It certainly explains why my wife chugged a bunch of my SHTF iodine, yeah yeah all white guys plan for SHTF. The amount of iodine that my wife took per week was kinda ridiculous and clued me in on some things. I'm still learning.

We may gravitate toward what is better for us, but we may be entangled with it already and just need to get the mind to see it.

At some point I think I may start a thread about the good people in you life that just won't try this out when it's so obvious it would help. There are some in my life that I love and are so resistant that make me really sad. Sad stories or success stories on turning them around, I really could use it all.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

"Shit hits the fan" "SHTF" or "When shit hits the fan" is a popular phrase referring to the ultimate situation in which a man would need to try and survive off the land.
    http://www.shtfblog.com/how-much-potassium-iodide-should-i-store/

How much do I need?

According to the FDA, the following doses are appropriate to take after internal contamination with (or likely internal contamination with) radioactive iodine:
    • Adults should take 130 mg.
    ------
    @drezy
    How would that compare with
    50mg or 100mg/day
    when taken as Lugols?

--------

1 dropperfull/day=40mg/day=16drops
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

8. drezy

drezy New Member

**Disclaimer - Pure SHTF speculation below and hopefully never ever applies to reality**

+LUGOL'S 2%: Each VERTICAL drop is about 2.5 mg's of iodine/potassium iodide (1 mg iodine, 1.5 mg potassium iodide)
    +Approximately 1200 vertical drops per 2 oz container
    from: https://www.amazon.com/J-CROWS®-Lugols-Solution-Iodine-2/dp/B001AEFM9Y?th=1

Just spitballing it here but if there were a real SHTF and the main concern was the potassium iodide(1.5mg/drop) I'd probably just go with:
    • 130mg needed /(16 drops per dropper * 1.5 mg per drop) = 5.4 ish dropper full (or roughly 88 drops) per adult per day of exposure
    • 1 bottle would be roughly 13 SHTF adult servings/exposure days worth
    • Each bottle would buy a single person almost 2 weeks to get out of a bad spot or dig a hole or something.
    • In that situation would I round up at the simple risk of a tummy ache and fever? You bet I would. In any other situation I'd start light and add over time to find a limit/functional dose, but probably not in this situation. Hell, just aim for the overdose first.
    Apologies for the grim nature of this post. It is worth doing the math once though. I guess if you hooked on the stuff you might be able to hang out with the Babushkas of Chernobyl http://thebabushkasofchernobyl.com. I hear those grandmas party pretty hard. Supposedly one of the side benefits of aging is that your thyroid absorbs less radiation anyway which I guess is a nice perk. I was happy just getting a finished frontal cortex and way better judgement over my teenage self. This age business seems to be working for me, but I hear there's a doozie at the end.

In my cabinet I've got supplies of both Lugols and nascent. According to my wife, "Nascent tastes better." I leave it there since I've discovered that rational arguments and marriage aren't always compatible.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Nascent=iodine
    Nascent does not have potassium Iodide
    In Chernobyl-like situation you want potassium iodide

//

10. drezy

drezy New Member

I 100% agree and now stock both. The nascent is in my cabinet simply for marital bliss and all that it entails for a husband.

ScottishEmma and caroline like this.
  11. Inger

Inger Silver

my check engine light is.. How my face look in the mirror when I wake up..lol
    Are the eyes clear, or puffiness under my eyes.. etc.

Stuffed nose is a big thing. Pimples too.
    Mood! How my mood is tells me a lot about what I have done right or wrong.
    How my sleep is, too.
    If I have a deep well being feeling I know that I have been doing things right :)

Gosh.. I could go on and on... there are so many ways how the body communicate, it is pretty fascinating! :) :)
    Now... if we only listen to it....

drezy likes this.
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I don't do labs at all, my hack in the last couple of weeks is I've started checking what I call my neurological concrete level, left brain, right brain, and ability to connect dots between the two. It gives me a good idea of my light, water, magnetism and inflammation status and how my mitochondrial swarm are humming. Humming well, its like an expanded awareness, I'll get drawn to foods I need, and when I no longer need them I lose interest, they don't taste the same and I'm drawn to something else, or I naturally IF, in an N=1 rhythm. If I find myself following fixed IFing patterns, supplements, or zoo lighting set ups, on the basis of a theory, or just because they work for someone else, I'm going to be taking it as a sign of increasing neurological concrete, that I'm becoming more disconnected from the doctor in my own head. I was spending ages trying to work out why something was OK sometimes, a real problem another time, but some clues came from a couple of podcasts Jack did recently. :cool:I'm working on the principle that the more connected I am to my own natural environment, and the better my sleep and a good circadian rhythm , that a slice of bread is just a slice of bread, a potato is just a potato, etc. I'm not tempted to overeat them, but if I do eat them my body can handle them and extract the electrons for my mitochondria, and either not absorb or excrete the rest. If that same slice of bread causes me gut inflammation, or leads to a binge, it tells me to go back and retune the (I live in hope ...:rofl:) potential Ferrari in my head to my natural environment, get better sleep and circadian rhythm, light water and magnetism.
    It used to drive me nuts that my DH could do one thing and get a positive result in weeks that took me months to achieve. And that even with that success, it was ages before he took another step, and again he got a result in days. (Quantum differences between the sexes and his own N=1). But then I'd spent years before coming onboard the JK train spouting one thing or another about the latest nutritional theory and what we should be doing .....without connecting important dots, I see it now as parroting someone else ideas, or a form of verbal diarrhoea. :oops: I'm beginning to think that his inner doctor is working on past experience of listening to mine. :( I do talk about what I'm learning, but I've learned not to push. When he senses my energy has changed as a result of something, he will ask a question, or try something, in his own time. In the meantime I do what I do. BS is capable of burying the important messages about blue light and nnEMF, so if I'm talking BS, resistance is predictable, and being 50 per cent right could be 100 per cent wrong in someone else's N=1. If my loved ones can see me walking the walk and getting results, they will ask questions. If they can't see it in me, I'm not ready to help them. I told my hairdresser in passing that I CT most days, even in midwinter. She thought I was totally nuts but now at each appointment she sees my progression and is asking more questions ...At my last appointment at her request I took in a picture of a mitochondrial respiratory chain and explained what I'd learned to hack, shrinking respiratory proteins, frequencies of light at the cytochromes, food as electrons etc .....Over time she has made changes to tap into the natural environment, and avoid blue light and nnEMF. :cool: My DD is reading The Vital Question ... To my granddaughters I'm Barefoot Nana - and they've taken that practice home with them. Lots of tiny victories. But I've learned that its not always about other people's resistance .... its about what isn't yet obvious in me. :tears:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  13. Inger

Inger Silver

Nice Sue :)
    Everything is in motion..... and it is a great idea to not get stuck..... :) Life is a beautiful chaos (with order! A paradox..lol) and our intuition will show us where to go if we just listen :)
    To connect important dots is so big !

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The more you hack the more you find check engine lights. The most consistent for me is sleep quantity versus quality as I do things to myself on purpose.

drezy likes this.
  15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

My current check engine lights are feeling chilled, getting lazy, and wanting to snack. If I get all three at the same time I know I have to do something fast! Sunshine always fixes everything quickly. CT also, but difficult if you are feeling chilled! If the situation continues because I'm still indoors, I'll get irritable (which is anxiety, I think). Or back pain. Other indicators that I used to get frequently because I didn't have a clue include other joint pain and numerous other body ailments. I haven't experienced boredom (sensory deprivation) or depression in years.

Poor sleep is another, yes, but it is hard to fix that immediately since the sun is absent.

drezy and fitness@home like this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

17. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I'm not going to get labs done by, or follow the advice of a GP who tried to foist BCPs on me within 3 days of giving birth of DS2, saying they would not affect my breast milk, and posed no risk to me. I'm also not getting labs done privately that I wouldn't understand, because I wouldn't ask or expect Jack to give me a free consultation about them. I appreciate that other people here understand labs, but I also see how much they don't know. What they don't know may be more important. Whatever information I bring to the labs section table, it is likely to invoke a response about what labs I haven’t done, or should do, and I've got no intention of becoming the lab rat - on my dollar - for someone else's pet theory on what I should or shouldn't test, or do in response to those tests, (which is often the opposite to Jack's teaching), even if I could afford the wallet biopsy.

I've read what Jack has written about labs, I've thought about it, but I make my own decisions.;)

Linz likes this.
  18. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Can you tell me about your wife's iodine hacks and results?

19. drezy

drezy New Member

I (almost) always liked the older more mature girls while my friends always seemed to be hooked on young luscious emotional gals. My wife got through menopause pretty well and iodine seemed to help with nerves, sleeping, mood,etc... She did sun and CT in fairly quick succession too and I'm sure it all helped.

From EE7:
    I think the lesson Doc laid out for us is that menopause doesn't have to be (or shouldn't naturally be) scary and miserable. From a husband's perspective once you're happy with your brood size here are the upsides:
    • The sun and CT my wife maintain the body shape she prefers as well as sleep which is totally tied in.
    • Those crazy menstrual mood swing / rip heads off over nothing days are gone. Bye bye!
    • Her thicker myelination appears to help her better handle stresses.
    • Things were always good physically in the sack, but 10 years in we really have the physical fun/simpatico very dialed in. We seriously almost walk away from each session doing high fives. It's a team sport!
    • I get to go all reckless abandon in my favorite sport too!

ScottishEmma likes this.
  20. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I need some of that.

So, was she gulping it in water or topically applying it? Lugols?

Wow! Well done. That is epic. I definitely think sex improves as you age...