1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What is the brain injury?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Aerose91, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

I apologize ahead of time if I missed it in the blogs but Dr Kruse says that injury to the PVN is the source of adrenal fatigue. I'm all for this but I am still foggy on what causes the initial insult to the PVN. Why can it not accurately respond to outside stresses anymore?

I know most doctors say that stress and overexertion etc. causes AF but I don't think I buy that. I was surrounded by people who lived in the same city as me, had the same job/sleep patterns as me, ate worse than me and partied waaaaay more than me and they are perfectly fine. Yet I have, according to all my doctors, "the worst case of adrenal fatigue I've ever seen". I'm talking frequent fainting, shower once a month, too dizzy to stand, so nauseous I spend my days over a toilet etc. And that was just a predecessor to my M.E.

There's obviously something broken in me that isn't getting fixed. Just 1 day of too much expenditure and it will set me back months. I understand the leptin reset but can't do it because it crashes me into oblivion- too much stress. How did the PVN get injured in the first place?

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Blue light toxicity, poor sleep, and loss of proper circadian signaling damages the PVN.
    Other people near you can exhibit cellular stress in another fashion, such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease, depression, etc.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Jude likes this.
  3. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Those make sense. But then why does expending energy in any form (physical, cognitive, stress) cause me to crash into oblivion? These are crashes that take 6 months + to crawl out of. Wouldn't the same insult be needed to cause further injury?

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

The PVN is involved in the connection of the central nervous system to the endocrine & immune systems. If this connection is off, your body cannot function properly. The hormones it normally uses are not available without direction. Apparently it is a vicious cycle, where the PVN isn't receiving the signaling it needs to make sense of the world. It almost sounds like you are suffering from seasickness.

Aerose, are you doing any CT? Jack recommends face dunks as a way to signal the confused PVN. It is a backdoor method to reach the PVN when the normal environmental signals are not being received.
    http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-16-adrenal-fatigue-rx/

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ca2+ efflux in those neurons destroys its ability to work. EMF across the brainstem has been shown to cause this in numerous studies. When it happens Volkow has shown it also causes up regulation of glucose metabolism. These are talked about in EE11-13. 13 gets into deep

6. Jude

Jude Gold

In May you mentioned you planned to do this...

I ask because I'm planning on leaving everything behind and taking off to the desert/mountains indefinitely. Probably southwestern Colorado or northeastern Arizona. Get completely away from ccivilization and fully immerse myself in nature. I want to be armed with all the tactics before I go so I can implement all at once. I like to run before I walk.

Have you managed to find a safe place in nature? How are you going? Hope you've seen some improvements........:)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are working with a partner Doctor?

8. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

@Jude

Yes I'm still planning on going, I've just had to delay the departure date because I took a nosedive and have trouble keeping conscious a lot of the time now. Best that I don't drive cross country right now.

@nonchalant

I was wondering something about c/t. My circadian rhythms are bad, very bad. I usually can't fall asleep before 7-8 am; it's been like this since the encephalitis. Part of what I am hoping to achieve with living out in the desert is to help my circadian rhythms. I thought of face dunks but I wake up at 1-2 pm. Would it be negative to do it then? Also I have to be careful about too much cold- shivering will crash me. Face dunks would probably be ok I think though.

@caroline

Yes I have a doctor currently who I like. Only took 3 years and 18 doctors to get here!

@Jack Kruse

Has it been explained why some people are prone to losing electrons at a faster rate than others when exposed to the same stresses? Is that where each individual's methylation and detox abilities make the difference?

9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Aerose,one of the thjngs that make a difference is the health status of the two generations before you,whether pne was breastfed or not,whether chjldhood was generally a happy period or whether electron steal started even at an early age due to homelife. Standard American diet? Periods of food fads,diets . Genetic issues,the infamous Snps. Conditions o existence in adulthood like are they going back to a happy homelife,a farm a condo on the 43rd floor,do they watch the shopping channel until 3 am or do they barely watch TV and spend time playing an instrument. So many variables even jf they are all multitasking stressed out powerbroking managers.

Jude likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes it has been explained in extreme detail in EE 4

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and EE 3 and OSF 3-8

12. Jude

Jude Gold

Great summary Lah.

13. Jude

Jude Gold

Aerose, it's so hard to retain all this info especially when one is struggling. Starting/maintaining circadian biology is essential....but..... seems to me you need a minder.. especially if you're loosing consciouness.....that is scary, you really need professional direction...hope you have surrounded yourself with good support.:)

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Aerose, CT anytime is good. I have never shivered from face dunks. Why don't you try it? Just put some ice cubes in the bathroom sink, add some water, hold your breath, and do it! :)

15. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

I will try the face dunks, I was afraid my clock being off wouldn't be good but those I can do.

I'm trying to retain as much as I can and take notes as I go. Unfortunately I forget that I took notes just minutes after I take them! Really great info though, I enjoy learning all I can.