1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What is redox

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by shiran, Sep 14, 2017.

1. shiran

shiran Curious

how can I explain to someone in the simplest way that is redox?
    Simple easy words to understand
    Thanks

John Saf and Billybats like this.
  2. kris90

kris90 New Member

Are you looking for what redox itself means, or redox potential?

Redox (as in redox reaction) = reduction/oxidation -> when something loses an electron = oxidation, when something gains an electron = reduction

Redox potential is the ability to receive/donate an electron. When we refer to a high redox potential on this site, it means you have a lot of electrons in your cells to donate to oxygen. That's why a low redox = dehydration, hypoxia, inflammation, etc.

3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Shiran,

I was just about to look up redox.

Hello Kris and how are you doing, thank you for the explanation. Now I am going to look up again how to improve my redox, see if I missed anything.

shiran likes this.
  4. shiran

shiran Curious

Hi kris thanks for your great explanation I understand it .
    So if Im explaining it to a person in Hebrew The redox reaction is clear
    But the redox potential is a little difficult to explain ....
    Can I explain it this way
    A high redox means You have a lot of " electric power " in your cell that came from the exposure to the sun...
    looking for very simple words..
    Thanks

I'm going to read again the redox Blog and https://www.jackkruse.com/guest-physician-blog-1-the-power-of-uv-light/

5. kris90

kris90 New Member

I would word it as: "a lot of electric potential" rather than "electric power". Sunlight "excites" electrons. Electrons by themselves are in the ground state, until they become excited. Ground state electron = electric potential. Excited state electron = electric power, because it carries the power of the photon.

Sunlight DOES increase redox, because it splits water into negative/positive (i.e. the EZ). This "frees" electrons, and those electrons as discussed above carry electric potential, and are used in redox reactions once they become "excited".

6. shiran

shiran Curious

Perfect
    Thanks for your explanation Kris I appreciate it a lot

Alex97232 and kris90 like this.
  7. Nikki Whetter

Nikki Whetter New Member

What are some ways that I can improve low redox? It’s all so confusing to me!

8. shiran

shiran Curious

sun + grounding

Nikki Whetter likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

If you are someone you care about has low redox it'll be worth it to take some time to understand and leave confusion behind.

Factors that will matter are:
    Environment
    Light exposure
    Sleeping patterns
    Understanding which systems fall apart first (and which did historically for your maternal line)

That's kinda 101 for beginning to identify the low hanging fruit.

Nikki Whetter and Phosphene like this.
  10. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

See the Redox Rx link in my signature

Nikki Whetter and drezy like this.
  11. Nikki Whetter

Nikki Whetter New Member

This is extremely helpful... thank you! I’ve been trying to research redox and it’s all still a blur.

12. drezy

drezy Gold

There is a benefit to understanding as much as possible, but I think learning in increments is very useful.

Rough idea:
    Your body is made of cells, in your cells are mitochondria fueling them, in your mitochondria are atpase heads like little motors spinning away.

Don't drop stuff into the spinning motor and start jamming it. Decades will provide that unwanted feature anyway. Bad environments will jam up the works too.

You are claiming low redox so it sounds as though you know which system in your body breaks down first. You look young meaning that like a nice savings/compound interest scenario the chances are high to benefit greatly over your lifetime.

If you are looking to turn around a condition the folks here are a caring bunch and having Doc's comment and guidance is priceless.

Cute puppy. Is it part German Shepard?. I'd recommend a picture showing your eyes. I'm a pretty private guy and can understand the desire for privacy, but a more proper picture is helpful to the community here in ways you will likely come to understand over time.

Brent Patrick and Nikki Whetter like this.
  13. Nikki Whetter

Nikki Whetter New Member

Thank you! I appreciate your advice!

Back in March I was treated for a Dural arteriovenous fistula... in a few days I’m having surgery on 2 more. Jack had replied back to me after a message I had sent and said it could be due to low redox. I’m a healthy individual and have a million questions as to why this is all happening.

Yes my puppy is part German Shepard...not sure what she’s mixed with bc she’s a rescue. Thanks for informing me my eyes were showing in pic. It wasn’t intentional. Not sure how to move and crop so I switched it.

14. drezy

drezy Gold

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

16. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Welcome Nikki,

All I can say thank God you found this site. You will get awesome advice and all ready did. Drezy, Walter and Jan are among who can explain and guide with lots of help, as well as some others. I looked up your health problem and it sounded like symptoms I was having in the past. What helped myself was and still do until I die is absolute number one-- get my morning/afternoon sun then whatever sun in between on as much of my naked body including my naked eyes while grounding. Blue blockers. Since being laid off I have reduced my nnEMF environment by 80% and seeing big improvements plus the fact getting awesome sunny days. Un-Fluorided water. Oysters. Thats about it. I did stop ALL supplements because of the above things. It did take time but under a year. Oh.. CT especially when I got the migraines. If your able to print out as much as you can to limit computer time.

Nikki Whetter likes this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

I fished this out for you @Nikki Whetter

unexpected angiogenesis AND increased glucose consumption is not a good thing.

Less than two minutes in I think you'll be able to answer the following question that I'd like you to answer please

What increases brain glucose consumption as mentioned in the video?

Scompy, Jenelle and Nikki Whetter like this.
  18. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I have a question that I believe not only holding it to your head but just holding the phone looking at it even with blue blockers. I have been taking mental notes of my symptoms like right now (soon going to get off of here) that my head pressure is increasing, pain in the hand and neck (left-the side holding the phone) mostly, but some in the other hand. With my body temperature rising (getting sweaty) flu like feeling. It becomes even worst talking even with speaker and watching a video.

Thank you Drezy, very nice info:thumbsup:. I could only watch 5 mins for now because of above mentioned and its to late.

Night:zzz:

drezy likes this.
  19. Nikki Whetter

Nikki Whetter New Member

You have been extremely helpful!

Cell phone radiation increases glucose consumption of the brain. I’m very rarely on my phone. Limit use as much as possible.

20. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I also want to add that I went for an eye exam last week which has been at least a year ago or less the one prior. My prescription has changed for better, it's slightly weaker prescription.

Jenelle and drezy like this.