1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What is Life?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by PaulG, Mar 17, 2015.

1. PaulG

PaulG New Member

In yet another attempt to make me seem smarter than I actually am I have invented this game which has six rules:

1) Buy two bottles of wine (preferably Malbec) but drink one before beginning
    2) Think of all the words that come to your mind when you think of the question WHAT IS LIFE?
    3) No googling "What is Life" until you really run out of your own thinking, for me that was about 20 mins but I am a particular sad case of the modern era.
    4) Drink more wine if you feel the need to Google
    4) Use positive terminology where possible
    5) Repetition is ok, there is Joy in repetition
    6) Jack Kruse must join in and sticky this post....

So, what is Life?
    If there were a dictionary with only words or phrases that captured the essence of life as we know it from the sciences, what words would be in that dictionary??

or alternatively if you were God what principles or mechanisms would you put into play at the beginning of the universe?

Evolution, Increasing complexity, interdependence, efficiency, opportunistic, redundancy, emergent design, structure, symmetry, fractal geometry, laws of nature, light, water, magnetism, tensegrity. quantum, as above- so below, scale, Incredibly large, incredibly small, cycles, feedback mechanisms, coherence, entropy, proteins, enzymes, photosynthesis, chemical reactions, elements, molecules, atoms, variation, genes, epigenetics, environment sensing, circadian rhythms, failure, disease, decay, destruction, renewal, rebirth, regeneration, balance, equilibrium, thermodynamics, mimicry, replication, union, chaos, uncertainty, mystery, darkness, antogonism, opposition, attraction, absorption, induction, transcendence, transformation, transduction, communication, signaling, memory, intelligence, metamorphosis, cooperative, exploitation, survival, instincts, chance, intelligent design, irreducebility, uniformity, consistency, discovery, invention, engineering, puzzles, death, conservation, adaptation, variety, reproduction, metabolism, physiology. protophysiology, sacred, energy gradient, abiogenesis, microscopic, diversification, bacteria, microbes, pathogenesis, Two red circles and a thick black spine , convergence, parthenogenesis, specialization, charge, frequency, modulation, vibration, space, time, DNA, RNA, order, disorder, regulation, replication, cellular, membrane, amino acids, language, panspermia, electrons, Life is nothing but an electron looking for a place to rest, clocks, parasitic, hereditary, meaning, discovery, brinkmanship, teleology, mind, matter, relationships, conservation, expression, divinity, ecstasy, senses, pleasure, pain, indulgence, comformity, consciousness, SQUID

It is very rarely I have original thoughts but you can bank this one...
    "Life on the time scale can be characterized fundamentally in its basic reducible form as being the movement from simplicity to complexity. I think of it as Russian Doll where layers of complexity are put on top of each other
    Human discovery/history works inversely to this, that is peeling of the outer layers to the inner layers to get to the truth.
    A smart protophysiologist/protobiologist would look to see what quantum phenomena manifest in proto cells and primordial conditions as this does not have the obfuscation of the layers of evolution and history"

http://www.lyricsmania.com/gunning_for_the_buddha_lyrics_shriekback.html

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    NeilBB likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Life is made up of the following:

gravity = light
    the electromagnetic force = magnetism
    archimedes principle = water chemistry.

Hence the 3 legged stool of life manifests from the fundamental physical forces.

That is EE 4 in a nut shell..........this is how the matter on Earth were organized. They were the thermodynamic givens in the equation of life.

What gave life its spark?

The sun.

How?

It created the first battery using sun in sea water to make viri in bacteria, archea, and plants who remain fixed to the magnetic field and sun. Those things floated in the water until land mammals could harvest this prescription of life from the sea at some point in the water and it to cause a denovo gene change to change the trajectory of life.

It created a battery using water (EZ) and DHA in eukaryotes so they could move across the tectonic plates while being disconnected at times. The more disconnection the animal would be the more problems would manifest.

Disconnection in nature is allowed by things that can break natural symmetry of nature's laws. What is the best example of this? Water.......it can be tap water, a drink, a shower, a coolant, and solvent, or a battery for life. It is the "jack" of all trades and master of none.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20150813-how-does-symmetry-shape-natures-laws/

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

EE4, EE 6, and BG 2 (most important), EMF 2 all critical. Ubi 5 tells you how the info is passed physically thru generations.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Anderson Joe and Mike David like this.
  4. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Sorry, no Malbec for me... Grange is my weapon of joy tonight.

Thinking and crunching is not my thing, i do it simple.

Waves, the word i can think of is waves.

I soak in them, in good and in bad, favor those who are natural. I sleep on naked ground and let the flavors of spring wake me up, i sit by the sea and see the ice crack up. At night i listen to music, the old fashioned way, vinyls. Let the needle get into the grooves, sending waves into my body, waking my dreams.

When a dancer dance on stage i feel her inside of me, i team up with her even if i am at safe distance, we ride the same wave. I look into that special girl and sense a wave of feeling, my heart skip a beat, can hardly breath... Drawn away on waves into another realm, i resonate like time stood still, think it does.

I lower my body into the sea, take that last breath for a couple of minutes, priming myself to be of another kind. Down here it is safe, nothing else matters, i enter the world of origin and almost feel sad knowing i can not stay forever.

Life for me is waves, always has and always will.

Photo: Annelie Pompe
    [​IMG]

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

My definition of life has to do with fractals.... I'll get into it down the line.

Life, simply stated, is the universe looking back at itself.

I'll add more later this evening. You might like it !

7. PaulG

PaulG New Member

That's beautiful poetry.

8. BTA

BTA New Member

Here's a question on CT - if cancer grows best in cooler temps then it would seem like cancer would love CT? Having your body temp close to 98.6 prevents disease by the body running properly. o_O

Germany’s bestselling author Uwe Karstädt new book 98,6° F – Ideal Body temperature for Optimal Health offers a wealth of knowledge and a cut through method of maintaining health or returning to it once we have succumbed to low body temperature

Ishihara Yumi, PhD (Japan), established that our immune system much stronger when the body temperature is increased by 1.8°; inversely, the immune system is weakened by 30% if the body temperature is lowered by 1.8°.

The following is a list of symptoms and illnesses that are caused or favored by hypothermia:
    ™ Colds
    ™ Fatigue
    ™ Depressive moods
    ™ Burnout
    ™ Inability to concentrate, forgetfulness
    ™ Allergies, asthma
    ™ Arthritis, arthrosis, joint pain
    ™ Cold hands, cold feet, Raynaud syndrome
    ™ Anxieties, panic
    ™ Coordination disturbances
    ™ Dry eyes, blurry vision
    ™ Dry hair, loss of hair
    ™ Dry skin and mucosa
    ™ Headaches, migraines
    ™ Intolerance to cold or heat
    ™ Low blood sugar
    ™ Loss of libido
    ™ Impotence
    ™ Weight gain
    ™ Psoriasis
    ™ Fibromyalgia
    ™ Muscle pain
    ™ Premenstrual symptom, cramps during monthly
    period
    ™ High and low blood pressure
    ™ Constipation
    ™ Poor wound healing
    ™ Water accumulations, edemas
    ™ Cancer
    ™ Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease
    ™ Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis

Curves and David Limacher like this.
  9. Jude

Jude Gold

Have also seen videos of folk in Japan using age old method of immersion in icy waters to manage their rheumatoid arthritis.

10. Yeah, Broda Barnes, MD, PhD, has a bunch of books and papers on treating patients (for decades, I might add, with lots of success) using saturated fat based diets and thyroid replacement therapy, attempting to get their under the arm temperature upon waking in the morning between 97.8 an 98.2 degrees. He was one of the first people to experiment with thyroid blood tests, and found that he could test the same patient three times and get three different results; he has a large set of papers titled "Heart Attack Rareness in Thyroid Treated Patients" or something along those lines that are definitely worth checking out. His books, and that of McGavack and Crille are definitely must reads on the thyroid; after reading them, most arguments against high levels of T3 are laughable to say the least.

In terms of body temp, I do in fact believe 97.8-98.2 is optimal (or even higher), but the timing of this temp I believe may be key. For instance, Dr. Barnes wanted this temp to occur upon waking. Generally speaking, we're in a more oxidized state during wakefulness. So I think we can become cold adapted and lower our temp, as Dr. Kruse has alluded to, but have our body temp and circulating T3 change in an ultradian fashion - high body temp-metabolism-thyroid hormones upon waking, and at night, a surge of melatonin and darkness, reduced body temp, etc. to become chemically reduced at night to prepare us for the next mornings adventures.

On a side note, I also don't think CT necessarily chronically lowers body temp. Acutely, sure. You're plunging in cold water. But I've noticed that after some time, my body temp actually increases after CT. During and shortly thereafter, it is lower, but after 15-60 minutes (depending upon how cold I go) I become warmer than before I did CT. I also appear more vascular and my muscles are tighter. There are some times I have found myself becoming hot, too, when normally I'd feel "thermo-neutral". I know Dr. Kruse and Dan Ordoins have indicated that they essentially radiate heat, yet they both do a lot of CT and frequent ketosis.

BTA and David Limacher like this.
  11. Dia

Dia Gold

CT does release heat in the form of IR light in the body... this is why we shiver when cold. Metabolism and body temp do increase.... so you will naturally feel warmer and radiate more heat.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^Dia hits a homerun

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and IR light shrinks the water around a mitochondria to make it smaller and more condensed and more energy efficient. Thermodynamics 101.

14. After my deep CT yesterday (40-41*F), I stood in front of an IR heater but could not feel the heat...I must have been releasing a ton of heat.

sjoshua likes this.
  15. Did you have a chance to read the book?

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

17. BTA

BTA New Member

I never shiver - I grew up white water rafting in water that was 35 to 45 degrees F. CT has no effect on me of any kind. Zip nada o_O
    ;
    ;.

David Limacher likes this.
  18. Jack, I've been thinking about the light bending and altitude...what happens if we go to spots on earth that are below sea level but on land? Would ubiquination rates be slower than at sea level? Would visiting these places be a good hack?

List: Places on land below sea level

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Keaton Dunsford and sjoshua like this.
  20. I asked about this before but unfortunately it went unnoticed. I'm thinking about trying to get to a place below sea level in the next year or two. There was a researcher discussing the new science around *mild* HBOT treatments - more successful for neurological and psychiatric issues than regular ol' HBOT - and he coincidentally brought up hypobaric treatments and places below sea level that appear to cause rapid and sustained mental and emotional benefits.

I think I want to get to Hawaii and start free diving and spear fishing.... :)

sjoshua likes this.