1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What is CT? What is the prescription?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by adam_, Mar 17, 2012.

1. adam_

adam_ New Member

I'm loving Kruse's insights, and completed a leptin reset last year, but I can't seem to find a summary of what CT is, and what the guidelines are?

Could somebody please point me in the right direction, as this sounds really interesting.

Many thanks,

Adam

2. JeffieJoe

JeffieJoe New Member

3. marthabob2u

marthabob2u New Member

Go read this: http://jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-two/

I love this quote- When cold is perceived by skin cold receptors over two weeks leptin is liberated from fat cells in massive quantities. Cold empties fats stores like like a fire empties a movie theater.

Start out by immersing your face in cold water (50- 55F) and then progress to cold showers and cold baths. There is a lot of info in all the forum threads'

Read, read read!

4. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

In a nutshell you need to work your way up to 50-55 degree baths. 30 to 40 minutes in the cold water bath is optimal. Dr. Kruse does up to 3 hours. I read somewhere that 15 minutes at 55 degrees is the equivalent of running for 60 minutes.

It sounds a lot harder than it is. I'm a wimp, and I worked my way up to 20 mins at 55 degrees in about 10 days. The link that @JeffieJoe gave you will explain it a lot better than I did. :p

5. adam_

adam_ New Member

Ok, I've read the links and I'm now working through the comments, as I think there cold be some gems hidden away in there.

But one question, there's a lot of discussion omega 3 and 6; do I need to increase the 6:3 ratio,,or increase the omega 3 ratio as is more generally supported with paleo?

Thanks

6. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Increase Omega 3.

7. JeffieJoe

JeffieJoe New Member

I totally agree!