1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What is better, showers or baths?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by laertes, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Pardus

Pardus New Member

Agreed, cold showers are pretty uncomfortable. Up north here in Canada, the water still comes out pretty cold during the winter at around 40-50 degrees. I've been taking daily cold walks and cold showers for about 5 weeks.

I find that the initial shock of a shower can be reduced if I spend a couple minutes doing face dunks as a warm up (cool down?) beforehand. Then when I get into the shower, I stick my face under the stream first while holding my breath, using the dive reflex to counteract the gasping. I've tried the showers with feet and legs first as a comparison to this method, and noticed that going "head first" method seems to be a little less shocking. You pay more attention to the cold on your face because it's more sensitive, and comparitively the cold on your body isn't as bad.

2. LinD

LinD New Member

Thanks for the pic! I just don't think I would like to be crammed into the small space. Do you stand up frequently?

3. eva

eva New Member

Inger, the tub looks excellent! decided id stay in the shower this moring untill i get literally too uncomfortable. i didnt have enough time - had to get out at 25 min and make a run for work. i think an additional 5-10 min next time