1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What Happens to Undigested Fat - Leaky Gut?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Huck, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

If someone has a leaky gut, and undigested fat leaks through the gut wall, exactly what happens to the fat? I would think it would vary depending on how digested the fat was.

For example, if you don't chew your food thoroughly, salivary lipase doesn't have a chance to start digesting fats. Or you might not have enough gastric or pancreatic lipase, or you are not making enough bile to emulsify fat. And since fat is not being absorbed normally, brush border enzymes don't finish digestion. In my case, I have a tendency toward leaky gut and have some snps that indicate I probably am not making enough lipase.

It seems to me that big blobs of partially digested fat dumped into the blood stream would be a serious problem. But I can't find any explanation for what happens beyond it is attacked by the immune system. Fat and blood don't mix, so there has to be more to it than that. What happens when it gets pumped through the heart?

Or maybe blobs of partially digested fat are too big to leak through loose tight junctions. But what if some of the enterocytes are damaged or dead.

If anyone knows, I would really appreciate some info.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. Hey Huck,
    Don't know the answer, but glad you're still asking questions!