1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What does our ability to tan mean

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Aerose91, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

When i was a kid i would never tan and jump straight to extra crispy burning.
    Now, im noticing i rarely burn and actually have trouble tanning. The past 4 days ive been in the sun for 3 hours each day, mid-day, without a shirt on in Florida, which is a big step for me. However, wherase in the past i would have been a lobster right now, im barely even tan. I've been noticing this for the past several months as I've slowly worked my way up to this amount of sun
    Im sure that signifies something, im not sure if its good or bad

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Means MSH and POMC are partially working........depending upon the DC electric current and the dopamine and melatonin recycling in Time 9.

3. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Thanks, Dr. I just read Time 12 and saw the MSH link which made me question it. I had it tested a year ago and it was normal, so tanning and not burning = better use of MSH?
    Ill re-read time 9

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Cool your skin when you are out in the sun.

5. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Thanks @nonchalant

I have to be careful about temperature extremes but i do jump in the ocean for a minute when i start to overheat. Too long in the water or sun is bad but im ok if i find the sweet spot.
    Im in the Florida panhandle atm and i have to take as much advantage of sunny days as possible considering they're few and far between. Using the occasional dip to allow me 3-4 hours of sun is a big step for me

6. shah78

shah78 Gold

Sunny days, few and far between? In late March.? Spring training? Panhandle of Florida or Oklahoma? I'm confused. :)

7. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

In context, im not long removed from California where its constant sun and dry. Since getting to FL its been sunny maybe 50-60% of the time and the rain and humidity effect me. Feel noticably worse than in Cali

shah78 likes this.
  8. Jude

Jude Gold

Hey Aerose91..you seem much improved...wow and well done:D

9. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Hey @Jude. Thank you, you're always so supportive. Can't really say my health is improved but im making small improvements in therapies. Its a slow process but hopefully will pay off at some point soon!

Jude likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

A hippo does not need to know quantum mechanics because he is built to just live it. Humans have the curious ability to think and screw things up that should come naturally...........become the hippo. You won't need the physics.........but humans are curious........hence I have some interesting things to share in 36 hours in the April webinar..............of 2016

Brent Patrick and caroline like this.
  11. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

I agree with the analogy, and i like the simplicity of it but for many of us it doesn't work that smoothly most of the time.
    Ex: i went in the water 2 days ago after an hour in the sun. Water temp was 61 and felt pretty nice actually. Was in up to my chest for 4, 5 minutes and when i came out i could tell i overdid it- POTS returned, muscle pain and weakness, motor function decline etc.. Next morning i got in the sun with a tank top for about 10 minutes and that crashed me right back down.
    For the hippo, these would work. What changes in late stage disease? Is there any way to anticipate if something would have a positive/negative reaction? So far it's trial and error, and errors are really costly.

12. shah78

shah78 Gold

Bummer. :( I'm pulling for ya.

13. shah78

shah78 Gold

Every time I follow "the guys" protocols I get immediate subtle, moderate, or outrageous positive effects, all of which seem to improve with time and seem to remain permanent.My amazment is not that they work, but that I don't go to further extremes to do even more. AND FASTER ( I blame my wife:) ) I'M IN AWE THAT YOU KEEP PLUGGING AWAY AT THIS. VERY INSPIRING!

Jude likes this.
  14. Just Breathe

Just Breathe New Member

Aerose, I have been where you are. Every little damn thing I did was a huge crash, errors costly, colossal difficulties.
    Here is what I did. I told myself that my journey is my own and I am the top priority.
    Staying up til 11 induces a 6 week crash? its out.
    One smidgen of gluten causes difficulty walking for a month? It's out.
    Your job right now is to stay in the tight tunnel that you are on. It is tighter for you than many others. It will not always be this way.
    Every step is closer to the light and the tunnel will expand larger and larger as you go. There is no way to anticipate a reaction. Accept them, learn from them, and keep going.
    Use that internet meme of what success looks like v. what success really looks like and keep going.
    Also, use the salesman's mantra of "No's can actually be "not right now's"
    I predict that a year from now, you will be in the sun with a tank top on for more than an hour, with no crashes at all! :)

Danny likes this.
  15. Alper

Alper New Member

What are the "guys protocols"? You´re not talking about Jack´s protocols in general, are you? I don´t think so at least.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is not smooth because no one realizes how critical the environment is because they don't fully understand what me and Wallace are really saying.

17. shah78

shah78 Gold

Yes, the" guy" is Jack. I didn't think I was being that opaque. :)

18. gookinja

gookinja New Member

I now have this same issue. I used to tan quite well in my teens and 20s. Now in my mid-30s I find that I turn red after hours in the sun. It’s not quite a burn and there is no pain, but I definitely don’t turn brown like I used to. What is the protocol to return back to normal tanning with sun exposure?

19. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

There is a blog on Jack’s Patreon site about building the solar callus gradually and safely. It’s $5/month to join there for these latest blogs.