1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What does a Redox vacation look like?

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by jewishhacker, Apr 3, 2019.

1. This is my current plan: Currently sunrise in Tulum is 6:41 AM, Sunset is 7:05 PM

Be at beach, feet in water, at 6:30am and be in the sun until approx 9:30-10:30am depending on what I feel my burn level is. I have 4 days in the sun and want to maximize my sun and water exposure so going to avoid being burned.

from 10-1030am I will head back to airbnb to work on grounded laptop + hard wired with IRIS at 0% blue light or on at least 2 of the days I will be driving to a cenote to swim. (Any advice on how long I should aim to swim in the cenote?)

I will then head back to the beach and again try to spend as much time with my feet/body in the wet sand/water from around 4-5pm once the UV index is really low and stay there until after sunset.

This basically is my schedule everyday. Hopefully I will get into a cenote everyday, and will get around 5-6 hours of sun everyday.

• Am I making a mistake by avoiding too much sun from 10:30-4pm where the UV will be really strong?
    • How long should I plan to swim in the cenote each day?

2. 40 views and no replies :(
    I just want to make sure I'm getting this right

3. drezy

drezy Gold

I think you want a Redox life young man.

Otherwise nobody can answer "What's the bare minimum I can do..." type questions

4. I am doing and plan to continue to increase my Redox habits, but I dont get why thats the same question as, what can I do specifically on a trip to the Yucantan that Kruse talks about so often, to maximize the benefits of being in this regions, sun, magnetism, etc

This isnt the bare minimum I can do, this is a, can someone with more experience, help me make sure I am maximizing my time in the Yucatan, I am going for this purpose, not for fun, for health!

5. shah78

shah78 Gold

your plan is fine. I would put on a long sleeve shirt and big ass hat and zinc up your face and get out in the water till solar noon. but your caution is well thought out. i did pm you on sunday.

Joe Fang, jewishhacker and drezy like this.
  6. Totally forgot to reply youre right!
    My sister had a baby and had a lot going on before I leave town and I was sick all of last week.
    I just replied to the PM!!

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Good plan.
    Additional: Work by an open door or window.
    As far as avoiding the sun is concerned I think you are wise to do so until you know yourself how you react. You cannot decide on a plan and stick to it from here on out.

Cenote as much as you can. They are so much fun.

jewishhacker likes this.
  8. Novah

Novah New Member

What area/kind of climate are you coming from? If you're coming from a northern/winter climate, I'd take it really easy in the sun to start.

Also, if you're staying in Tulum the town itself, you're going to need a bike, taxi or car to get to the beach which is a few km away.

Look into Holbox.

jewishhacker and Lahelada like this.
  9. Joe Fang

Joe Fang Farm Members

Rather than going back inside the Airbnb during the stronger UV part of the day, how about staying outdoors in a shaded / semi shaded area. And maybe just pop in and out of the direct sun. I would also maximize on CT.

jewishhacker likes this.
  10. I should have clarified that there is some outdoor chairs with shade so I will be using my 50ft cable to get the internet to my laptop with WiFi turned off and be outside still!

Good idea about popping in and out.

I actually haven’t started the CT cause I’m not sure I’m ready but if one were to do CT in Mexico on vacation how’d you do it? The sea water is warm and bath water most likely is sketchy...

11. Thanks for the tips! I’m coming from jacks favorite city.... LA!!

My sun tolerance is fairly good. I have been doing a lot of sun locally but obviously the strength is not the same so I will still be cautious.

I’ve got a car! Glad I made the right decision but it was so cheap, I would have spent more on the ride into the city than I did on the car rental!

Holbox is the island right?

Novah likes this.
  12. Novah

Novah New Member

If you're from LA you'll likely be fine, but it is hotter and way more humid in the Yucatan - just wear a hat and use your common sense in the sun and always carry water with you! :)

Yes, Isla Holbox - may not be convenient for a 4 day trip but something to consider for another time.

Who did you book the car through? The prices they quote online for car rentals in Mex aren't necessarily going to be the prices you pay at the counter - they tend to really gouge you once you get to the counter unless you're willing to rent without insurance and depend on your credit card car rental insurance (which may or may not cover you for insurance in Mexico) -- so just be aware of that! It's a bit of a scam.

Having a car is great, but also stressful as the people there drive like maniacs especially between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Once you get south of PDC, it's significantly more chill. My favorite mode of transport was the Collectivos - cheap and you always met other travelers. But granted, not as convenient as a car.

Honestly, if you only have 4 days, go to Tulum and just enjoy it for 4 days - hit up the beach (it's great for beach walks), go to the ruins, rent a bike, chat with other travelers, enjoy breaky at one of the restaurants in town (try the fruit platter) and so on.

Phosphene likes this.
  13. Penny

Penny New Member

Dude, just pop some astaxanthin - starting right now - 12 mg/day - and then fillup a spray bottle with 1 cup epsom salts and one cup water - spray it on you like it's sun screen - you won't burn - you'll sulfate cholesterol and make vitamin d and you will maximize your sun exposure - free dive a cenote as much as possible - make sure you are in the sun in the morning so your skin makes fillagree or whatever it's called that protects you against UV light exposure late in the day - but really, the epsom salt trick is good for like 5 hours... see the first patreon post on how to build a solar callous - it's all there - you also might want to read the jet lag RX - I would be taking Lugol's 5% for the plane ride - one dropper full - as well as methylene blue - it's going to be a cesspool of wifi - remember, it's a lifestyle and you are not going to cure yourself overnight - although, emit enough biophotons and many things are spontaneously possible - I would also be downing lemon juice while there and of course seafood - you can also buy a "wetskin" so you can go out on the water maximally and free dive - otherwise of course the epsom salts will wash off - and have a lot of fun while there:) Oh, and screw the lap top - just don't bring the damn thing - I think you're missing the point...

Phosphene likes this.
  14. Joe Fang

Joe Fang Farm Members

Yes the gulf water is not "cold" per se but is still proper CT. Spend a lot of time in it plus you are getting the benefits of grounding from the strong magnetic flux of the Peninsula. Or if you can gain access to a pool. JK says the pool water is deuterium depleted down there.

Phosphene likes this.
  15. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Dont skimp on the cenotes. My plan was to chill at the beach and ocean every morning and get into the cenotes in the afternoon then back to the beach for sunrise.

Dave Key and Phosphene like this.
  16. Joe Fang

Joe Fang Farm Members

We go to Cancun / PDC / Cabo San Lucas regularly, especially during Southern California winter where it can be rainy and experience little to no UV. While we enjoy being down there with the great seafood and friendly people, we are there for one reason only and that is to receive the environmental benefits.

We are outdoors before sunrise and only go back in the room after an early dinner. We are out in the sun all day in Kiniki's except for maybe just a 1 hour break during peak noon. At least three to four 20 minute CT sessions in the ocean.

Have fun!

Dave Key and Phosphene like this.
  17. shelly ross

shelly ross New Member

Isla Holbox people! I don't know anyone else in my life who goes there. Where do you stay? I will probably go again this winter, but worried about all of the great food, as I am always tempted on vacation. The only health vacations I have taken have been in lockdown at retreats:))

Phosphene likes this.
  18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

The issue of possible sewage in the streets during major storms is the only downside I’ve heard mentioned. Frankly I’d take that with a grain of salt, and a bunch of colloidal silver! :D

Maybe you can be one of the Holbox quantum pioneers? Do you speak Spanish?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  19. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

A visit to Holbox and Progresso are next on my list. I am planning to camp at Holbox when I go.

Phosphene likes this.
  20. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

At the rental counter you'll be told insurance is mandatory and given 3 choices:
    $35/day. with a letter from your credit card co. you waive collision and they hold $12,000USD on your card until rental return.
    $37/day. They hold $5000 with medium insurance.
    $38/day. Full coverage, $500 hold

Phosphene likes this.