1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What did you eat today?

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by TheKid, Jan 20, 2013.

1. TheKid

TheKid Gold

I've continued with sardines in the morning. But I think I need to put some other stuff on rotation, so maybe it's time to add the oysters, clams and mussels.

Lunch continues to be very large salads with some grilled chicken chunks.

Dinner is usually something very hearty: mostly lamb and some sort of steamed veggie.

One of the strategies for dietary change management that Tim Ferriss uses in the 4-Hour Body is to eat the same meals over and over again. This is my approach in order to avoid missteps that have plagued me in the past. My main misstep was waking up with nothing ready eat which often meant too long of a delay on the BAB. It would also lead to delying eating sometimes until I got to work. We have a breakfast spot next door where I would do large amounts of eggs. But then the smell of coffee would draw me in. And what's coffee without cream? Since I'm supposed to really have neither (Hashis, adrenal fatigue), those trips to that spot would throw me off.

2. I do the same thing - eating very similar meals all the time and its very helpful. I switch it up each week, but breakfast is pretty similar all the time: either salmon or mackeral filet with oysters/scallops/mussels. Yesterday I went and got a fresh piece of wild slamon and asked for 200g, and she sold me 500g so this morning my protein intake was about 90g!! Easy to do with seafood, very difficult to do with eggs and bacon!! (mmmm bacon)

Lunch was 1 lb of mussels and clams and chocolate bark. and dinner will be osso bucco in the slow cooker [​IMG]

I was having horrible horrible carb cravings - even dreaming of eating carbs (even being paleo for two years!!) these past few weeks but started taking "ortho-glucose" that has loads of cinnamon, chromium and bitter melon in it and they stopped automatically. Thank goodness!!

3. chocolate blubber is like chocolate bark but waaaaay more full of fat. i think this canadian guy "invented" it...
    http://primalnorth.blogspot.ca/2012/10/chocolate-blubber-road-food.html
    I make mine with lard instead since i can't do dairy [​IMG]

4. Oh my Hell as a dear friend used to say. That looks amazing. I look for foods to be my conduit for my yummy goat butter. I may have to try this.

5. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Wow, that chocolate blubber looks good!

Yesterday was seafood x 3. No cravings at all. I also eat a little of my version of cocoa crack with lunch.

Better get to the kitchen and prep today's lunch. Breakfast will be easy...leftovers.

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Okay, I admit to falling off the wagon yesterday. Hadn't gone grocery shopping yet and took the easy way out for meals. Didn't help things that we were on the go a lot.

Spent today doing preps for some meals this week. Baked some Paleo meatballs and bacon this morning. Also made an Indian chicken dish & cauliflower rice this afternoon. The freezer is restocked with seafood. Wild Alaskan salmon was on sale and it is already grilled and ready for breakfast.

Back on the wagon.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sounds like you guys are doing great! I always find if I eat pretty much the same things - it is so much easier. I can put my brain in neutral when it comes to food and save my electrons for all the required reading .......

8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Yesterday was lots of oysters, clams and shrimp with a portobello mushroom for dinner. Lunch was tuna/salmon sashimi with avocado. My BAB is almost always the same - roast beef or pork roast with sea veggies, bone broth and lots of fats!

Today's lunch and dinner were the exact same - lobster and scallops topped with cremini mushrooms and avocado. Pretty boring, but tasty too :)

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I really find I don't get bored at all with the same stuff - it is so delicious and so easy.....

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yesterday when I went to the mercado - they had Conch. So I picked some up and made ceviche. the whole family took their conch ceviche to work. I had enough and shared it w/a co-worker who grew up eating it when she lived in Puerto Rico. She said I nailed it! she was impressed that a gringa could make good cevice, let alone conche ceviche!

if you find conch - you've got to try it. the stuff I bough had already been de-shelled... so all we had to do was rough chop it... and make ceviche so delicious

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Give conch chowder a go - delicious...

12. suzgaray

suzgaray New Member

This is my fourth day on BAB and I had a simi-raw tuna steak only the edges were cooked in Coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, and small vinaigrette salad with cherry tomatoes from my garden with my BPC (1T brain Octane Oil, 1T of Cocao butter, 2T of KG butter blended in my in coffee).

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Suze - do you like the Brain octane oil? we are just able to get it in OZ now...

have you tried making beef Tartare? or sushi? Inger has a great Salmon carpaccio recipe.

I will lookup where that is again if you like .....

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013