1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What did you eat today?

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by TheKid, Jan 20, 2013.

1. TheKid

TheKid Gold

I kicked off the Challenge today with 2 cans of sardines, baby clams and veggies. Oh, and some nice extra virgin olive oil. I am thinking that success for me is really going to be highly correlated with convenience in the morning. I've failed in the past, I think, because of my inabilitity to eat early enough. And I was not eating early enough, because I did not have food ready and on hand immediately upon waking.

So my strategy is to go with leftovers or canned seafood. And I've stocked the cabinets with sardines, clams, oysters, salmon, mussels, etc.

Good luck to everyone!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

That sounds like a great plan ... great plan for success...good luck!

3. HeidiHen

HeidiHen Gold

I just ate two burger patties fried in bacon grease (60 grams of protein). Plus I had a mug of bulletproof coffee with 2T coconut oil and 2T butter. I took me longer than expected to fry up the burgers, so I might have to cook some up ahead of time and eat them cold in the mornings. I could eat burgers or other meat cold, but I don't think I could eat cold eggs. [​IMG]

..... Look at that... My first post! Yay Me!

4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Mahi mahi, 3 slices bacon, and BP coffee with grassfed ghee & D-ribose was my first meal of 90-day challenge. Lunch will be salmon and an avocado. Dinner...haven't decided yet [​IMG]

5. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

A nice bison burger, turkey in turmeric and pepper and a little smashed cauli all fried up in ghee and co. Some homemade raspberry kombucha too.

6. diane

diane Gold

I just had my first MHS (mackerel head smoothie). Definitely more psychological - as it wasn't all that bad once I drank it LOL. 3 small mackerel, lemon juice, water and cilantro (note to self - need more lemon and cilantro!) and my bulletproof tea (butter and CO). I'm excited to see how I feel today!

7. diane i agree! MHS are mostly psychological... although a good blender helps too [​IMG] I like the cilantro idea, i'll have to try that one. last time I added soaked kombu to my MHS.

Today I started with 40g protein of salmon bellies (great for those on a tighter budget) and about 3 tablespoons of fat. 1 of coconut oil that i lightly cooked the salmon in, and 2 more or a mixture of pastured lard/coconut manna/coconut oil/chocolate (which is delicious melted in coffee, but i've got adrenal issues so no coffee for me). Usually I do have more protein in the morning.

8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

BAB this morning was 2 oz beef liver and 6 oz roast beef with shiitake mushrooms and sea veggies in bone broth with ginger, garlic and rosemary . . . a nice, warming soup!

Getting ready for lunch now: Salmon sashimi, crab meat (leftover from King Crab legs last night) and avocado.

*I have sauerkraut and kombucha with each of my meals too [​IMG]

9. BAB was a 1/2# Betsy burger (our cow) with 2 Tbls of sauerkraut. Topped it all off with a large cup o' coffee w/ 2 Tbls goat butter and a scoop of D-ribose! Pretty much my standard breakfast for a while now.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Patty needs to be in an ocean and stop worrying about the diet!!!!

11. Yessirree!!! I plan to hit the ocean every day for the next couple of weeks as I will be working within blocks of it. So excited for the communing with nature that I have planned. The ocean and I will be besties here soon!

I actually don't worry about my diet. I eat what I have which is beef in morn and fish at night. There are so many other items to work on in my spare time: mitochondrial function, electrons, grounding, EMF, etc.

12. LinD

LinD New Member

What does this mean? Didn't expect this reply.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

13. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

Means Patty needs to meet me at the ocean more! [​IMG]

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you'll know soon enough........1/24/2013

15. No BAB today because I had fasting labs, it was a trade for today. But I did have BP coffee and added a chunk of Chocolate blubber just for something different than my usual BPC or tea. Then I had seared tuna with avocado and lemon aioli for lunch and then had salmon, shrimp and scalops with broccoli for dinner. I got a bit peckish later so I had more water, a piece of chocolate blubber and 3 Brazil nuts. I'm starting to get the Low carb "flu" now...

16. Liv

Liv New Member

Monday : BAB Omelett and Bacon Lunch avocado,sardines,kale salad Dinner cod and shrimps sauted in butter and coconutoil,kale,spinach,califlower rice ,a sheet of nori
    Tuesday: BAB Omelett,bacon,roman salad Lunch leftover of cod and shrimps with kale salad Dinner Salmon ,broccoli califlower rice Snack I know I am not supposed to snack but I took some Macadamia nuts in the afternoon

17. endless

endless New Member

What in the world is 'Chocolate Blubber'? Is the name supposed to be a deterrent to overindulging?[​IMG]

18. So glad you asked as my curiosity is getting to me. I do love the name tho.

19. I was in there today walking on the beach in knee high water. It's my way of working up to the full on ocean CT! I'll be working in Carlsbad for a while and plan on hitting the beach most days during the week. After today the excitement is almost uncontainable. So if you ever want to meet me up there let me know...... [​IMG]

20. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I'm guessing cocoa butter??