1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What breaks or slows cold adaptation

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by hellojtm, Mar 27, 2012.

1. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Hi Jim,

Let me know what you consider the experiment to be. I'm game to try it. I'm in the middle of doing the strict CT adaptation protocol though so I wouldn't try it right away. If you are going to prescribe me an N=1 you'll have to tell me what to track though and what the before and after expectations are. Which kind of gets to the point of this thread....

thanks,

jesse

2. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

I realized on the way home today that I haven't seen a thread with telomere tests. I'll start one if I don't find it.

re: persistent hs-crp, that would be inflammation which he's claiming is a sign of mismatch. so what are your potential mismatches?

jesse

3. Coriander

Coriander Silver

4. Thank for starting that thread. I was going to once I had my results but you saved me the time.

There could be a mismatch for the CRP, but I feel there are none reflective of how high and consistent (tested before and after leptin reset) mine is. There are plenty in the paleo community who have mismatches who's CRP's aren't floating around 3.5. I have to wonder if there is not something similar to what hyperlipidemia is to cholesterol going on but have yet to find anything saying this exists.

5. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Hi August, I haven't read this yet but may be a good start and mesh well with Dr. K's plan

http://jackkruse.com/the-leaky-gut-prescription

Chris Kresser and Robb Wolf should have a decent amount of info on it but a lot of it would require scouring podcasts. Sean Croxton interviews some Doctors that are on top of it so that could provide some leads.,

6. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Also, I don't know anything about salicylate, so bear that in mind. I know that leaky gut has been traced to dairy consumption so your lacto-paleo/primal line stands out to me. Now if it turned out that the lacto was some aged cheeses from raw grassfed sources then.... I would not be very suspicious of them. Another thing to note is that I'm not a medical practitioner, biologist, biochemist or anything even remotely authoritative in these matters ;) So I'm just synthesizing from reading that I have done. I don't even know if I ever had leaky gut myself. I assume I did based on what I read, how I responded, and how my body responded. But I haven't done any food sensitivity tests myself either (other than trying it and see how I feel).

best of luck,

jesse