1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What are your favorite blogs?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by April, Jul 22, 2020.

1. April

April New Member

I don’t usually get much time to sit down and read through the blogs. I have CE coming up which is a perfect opportunity. What are some of your favorites or what you consider the most important so I can print them out to study?

Thanks!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

NEW BLOG OUT TODAY: Recently quantitative mass spectrometry-based phosphoproteomics survey of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Vero E6 cells has revealed that cells who get infected undergo dramatic rewiring of phosphorylation on the host and viral proteins. One of the key players here is a heme based enzyme in your blood plasma. No, it is not hemoglobin. It is another. Can you guess what it is? SARS-CoV-2 infection promoted casein kinase II (CK2) and p38 MAPK activation, production of diverse cytokines, and shutdown of mitotic KINASES, resulting in cell cycle arrest. In this way, it mimics circadian disruption. C19 Infection also stimulated a marked induction of CK2-containing filopodial protrusions possessing budding viral particles. Eighty-seven drugs and compounds were identified by mapping global phosphorylation profiles to dysregulated kinases and pathways. Researchers found pharmacologic inhibition of the p38, CK2, CDK, AXL, and PIKFYVE kinases to possess antiviral efficacy, representing potential COVID-19 therapies. Today you learn about a novel one, CATALASE
    Catalases are among the enzymes with the highest turnover rates known: under optimal conditions, each subunit can dismutate 2 × 105 mol of hydrogen peroxide per second.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/39238604

John Schumacher likes this.
  3. April

April New Member

I think I understood the 1st and last sentence. The rest is going to require some time to learn a new language, lol.

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome to the club!

But ...do keep in mind that Jack always tells us - we don't need to speak Chinese to eat chinese food!

April likes this.
  5. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Unhived mind

April and Marko Pollo like this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

Time 21, Tensegrity 7, EMF 4 EE 12 - all the stuff on patreon...

April and John Schumacher like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The July 2020 lecture is pretty solid on Patreon

April likes this.