1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been -- Robin's Road

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by sweetsoprano, Feb 6, 2014.

1. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

Been feeling bummed lately. CT seemed to help car accident stuff but definitely DID get skin infection from it and now missing it but waiting for Derm appt to find out what it is. Sudden fever and chills, now mostly chills, which is weird since with CT had not felt cold in a long time but does make it easier to skip it while waiting to hear about skin infection.

2. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell :( you've coped with such a lot already. Could you try a cool shower or maybe think about one of the fat buster vests as an alternative to the bath, when you're feeling more like it?

3. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

I have been doing cool showers. Can't afford to buy a vest. Also put cold packs on but not enough of them.

4. Inger

Inger Silver

I think it would be easy to make a cooling vest oneself? Just use some old shirts.. and cut and sew so there are place for icepacks.. I think you get my idea? :)
    I have been thinking about it myself to make one but I have the river dips so I am not so sure I need but maybe one day I do make it

5. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

I have used the cold packs but don't have enough, I think. I am so tired.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Cold packs should work good. I just freeze large plastic baggies.

7. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Just freeze anything that will lie flattish on your torso, ziplock bags, ice bags, re-sealable sandwich bags, food containers that you put food film in then freeze, lift out, ice block into a carrier so it doesn't leak.