1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been -- Robin's Road

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by sweetsoprano, Feb 6, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

good girl! .....

2. sooperb

sooperb New Member

That's a positive :) and 23 minutes is a good result. You beat the fear which is another positive, I hope you feel good - you should.

margor_j likes this.
  3. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

I am noticing that I can't seem to warm up. Two and a half hours after the CT and my body temp (oral thermometer) is going down. Any ideas?

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have yo tried a warm shower?

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Get hydrated.
    Eat fat if it isn't too close to bedtime.

6. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

Yes, but do they poke fresh holes in their skin every day to inject? I know the holes close over, but worry about infection.

7. sooperb

sooperb New Member

That reminds me of what my OH used to say when I tried to encourage him to drink water, "I don't drink water, fishes f**k in it". I was never sure how serious he was lol. He drinks more now but not a huge amount. I guess if this is a real concern for you and assuming you are cting in a bathroom, could you not have a receptacle and wipes at the ready and just treat it like a comfort stop ;)?

8. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

Yes, or just get out, but it is a timing thing.

9. nicld

nicld Gold

That is a great start!!!!!

10. nicld

nicld Gold

Normal. I had that same issue and sometimes still do. Now I try to embrace being cold when I CT on the weekend. Evening CT, I try to move around a bit when I am done or make the hubby cuddle with me before bed or some oxy. If I am still a bit to cold to fall asleep I will take a wamish shower but that is rare.

11. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

So I asked a question and got a rather crude answer about sitting in sh*t. Can anyone else with medical knowledge answer a question? I have an intracutaneous hematoma, 2 actually, but one is small. They take a long time to heal, long enough for layers of skin to peel or flake off from time to time. I accidentally pulled on one of these flakes and tore open the larger one a few hours ago, so that it exuded blood/lymph/fluid. My concern is, again, infection, and I wonder if it is OK to CT now or should I wait until it heals over or whatever it is going to do. Not that bath water is particularly contaminated, but whatever is on one's feet, etc, gets in the water. I do not need to be fighting more infection and inflammation than I already am.
    Thanks.

12. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I'm glad you stopped by, I was getting ready to email you to see how you are. That's a rotten thing to happen :( Is there anything you could add to the water for a little added protection, some sort antiseptic/disinfectant? Wash your feet before you get in, not put your feet in the water, shower first maybe to be sure? I'm not medically trained so I can't give you a definitive answer, but lots of patients post op are advised both to bathe and not to so it's a bit hazy isn't it!

13. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

Hi there. Well, what I did was get in half a tub of water or so, then fill it only enough so the wound was out of the water. I have a small apartment-type tub, so it is not possible to entirely submerge anyway. Keeping the wound out of the water meant most of my upper body, front of chest, front of abdomen, front of legs, were out of the water, but it was what I could do. After a while I tried to slide down so more of my back and shoulders were under, finally started to feel like CT, lol. After that I stood up and took a cold shower, which was surprisingly pleasant. Maybe the bath first helped. Anyway I figured the water running over the wound was not any different from washing it, except for being cold. Afterwards I did wash with hot water and soap, just the wound itself, not all of me. Thing was still oozing. Tender today, even painful, but so far, so good. Blood glucose running high, which happens with infection, but also just with stress, so crossing fingers. Had to wash hair, so warm shower today, but followed by cold.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Good.......it means your creating protons to use..........you need to.

15. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

But I thought we want our bodies to be radiating heat. Warm. Cherry red.

16. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

But I thought we were supposed to be radiating heat, being warm and pink and all.

17. sooperb

sooperb New Member

It's taking me time to warm through again, I've been out 2 hours and still experiencing shivers although I don't particularly feel cold. I keep rubbing my hands together too.

18. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

Well, according to what Jack said above, that is good. I don't have that problem at the moment. Maybe I should try to stay in longer.

19. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Do what you can SS, there is no failure, we are all going at different speeds. I hope you are ok :)

20. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

Thanks, and you, too. Was in a minor car accident Monday, kind of stiff in lots of places. Took today to visit a friend. I am exhausted, but it was the right thing to do at the time.