1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been -- Robin's Road

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by sweetsoprano, Feb 6, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

That was tongue in cheek - he was just having fun! some times he is too serious because he has a lot on his mind - a lot he needs to share!
    This site just changed a few days ago and we are now able to post our pics and having fun with it!

I only said baby steps because for some this is all too "full on" obviously you are not in that categorie!

But - do what you can do for now....

Don't worry about supplements - Jack thinks that a steak is the best supplement........and we should get what we need from the food we eat..... so don't worry about any of that!

Food is only 10% - so just do what you can do..........sardines are great and inexpensive as is liver and heart.

EMF ..... cut the breaker to your bedroom. Get everything out of your bedroom except the bed! no TV, no clock radio, no iphone etc.
    Is your computer wired in? there is a video about how to do it.

What else can we help with?

2. nicld

nicld Gold

I know that you said money is tight but do you have some sort of tablet, like a kindle or E-reader? I can loan you my electronic copy of Dr. Kruses book as I am reading another book right now.

Nicole

3. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

I didn't know you could do that, but, no, I don't have an actual kindle. I read books on my kindle reader on my laptop. Does that work?

4. nicld

nicld Gold

Yep, send me a PM with your email address and I will see how to loan it out until you can get one for yourself.

5. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

Back again today. I am tired. Mondays I go to see my daughter and grandkids. They run a server 24/7 and have a smart meter outside the front door. I am always exhausted the next day. Is it better not to go? Does one just cut visiting family out of one's life? Seems like everyone has smart maters now. There is probably one on my building, but not right outside my door. It would have to be downstairs somewhere. Time for CT, I think.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is tough Robin .... could you explain the situation to her and , perhaps, she could come to visit you for a while?

Actually not so tough ..... you come first .... your health comes first. You have to fix you - so you can be good for her and especially your grandkids.

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Sweet soprano could you take the grandkids somewhere like a park for example? You could ground and they would benefit too.

8. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Yep, I'd go for a meeting outside the home if you can manage it, which might be tricky for you considering you are struggling so much with your health. Plus I think you said that your family are not onside with your efforts to change your lifestyle?

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

― Leo Buscaglia

9. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

The supplements are the one Jack lists. I have to have CPAP in the bedroom; never bring smart phone in there; I do have a clock but only use it if I have to get up at an unusual time. Do have computer hard linked now. Grass-fed organic liver and heart are darned hard to find -- I am looking.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please remember .... Food is only 10% ..... You have bigger fish to fry!

You can spend a ton of money on supplements and not get anywhere. You need a road map first - in my opinion! People always ask Jack about supplements and so he lists them .... But that doesn't mean those are necessarily the ones YOU need. Everything around here has to be in context ......your context.....

If you aren't methylating properly and are trying to detox - bad stuff will not leave the body but be re absorbers in the tissues and could make you very sick.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  11. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

That was a great session. Thanks JK and Misty.

I asked about leptin resistance because I like to jump to the conclusion that I must be leptin resistant because of my weight. But when Dr K mentions other things that can be indicative, most of the time I don't have those. I have been "mostly" following leptin-savvy info since Ron Rosedale's book came out. I have been "mostly" very low carb for a long time (and when my carbs are a little high it is usually because I had a glass of wine. So, ok, I can give that up.) So, I should be in ketosis most of the time. My HDL is 67 and vitamin D 59. I'd like to get them higher, but they are not "low". While I am overweight, I do not crave carbs nor have a large appetite. I have *finally* been able to begin losing weight again thanks to CT, but then I hear that it is contraidindicated if one has low redox potential, which I also jump to the conclusion I must have. Contrary to Jack's frequent remarks, the science doesn't hurt my head nor confuse me, but my N=1 certainly does.

I went through several months with a sleep medicine doc trying to reset my sleep cycle, which was nearly chaotic, so I have the amber glasses, the red light bulbs, f/lux, etc. I was already trying to get out and get sun in my eyes as soon after rising as possible. So I wonder if I am partway down the road, as far as the leptin resistance goes. And does CT working mean good news in that respect? That uncoupling is beginning to happen?

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

C/T is great for you and most of us......it creates a bigger EZ

13. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

What a horrible night. I know "going off the wagon" sets us back but Idk what else to do. I had a memorial service to go to yesterday, so I did CT beforehand. Came home exhausted and did not do CT again before bed, as I usually do. Went to bed at 10, woke at midnight. Woke again a little after 1 and could not get back to sleep. Was awake until 4, at which time the bathroom runs began -- six times between 4 and 5:10. Finally fell asleep again between 5 and 6, having given myself permission not to eat a BAB in the morning if it didn't feel right. Woke at 7 -- missed sunrise but with the overcast sky it would just be a "brightening" anyway. Decided to go back to sleep instead of getting up. If it happens again, would getting up anyway be a better choice? Woke again around 9, slept a little more and finally got up at 10:30. Still not a lot of actual hours of sleep. Could not face eggs but had 5.5 oz of shrimp in the fridge and managed to eat that, but only about 33 g of protein. Wasn't up to getting dressed and going outside to walk on the earth, but I did go out on my balcony for a few minutes in the daylight (such as it is on such an overcast day). Sitting on the food and guts and hoping to keep it in and settle down. Idk how far back it sets me, but sometimes the best you can manage is just hanging in. Idk what triggered the guts in flux; I had been having a run of several days of normal gut behavior. :(

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am not really sure what you meant by "going off the wagon"? Sounds like a pretty lousy nite. Don't beat yourself up ..... today is another day. Did you mean you weren't feeling well?

15. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

I meant I didn't get up with the sun and I didn't go outside on the earth and I didn't eat 50g of protein within an hour of getting up. And I didn't do CT before bed. So I am kind of feeling like I am failing the Leptin Rx at the moment. And, yes, I am not feeling well.

16. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

And I didn't do CT this morning, and, frankly, I am kind of afraid to, in case my guts let go while I am in the water and unable to get out and to the toilet fast enough. Eeew.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

animals shit in their water and dont suffer from it.......you wont either. Sounds like you like making excuses instead of progress.

margor_j likes this.
  18. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

That sounds a bit harsh, considering how I am feeling atm, but I will try the CT now. I got floxed in September and the gut thing ever since is really wearing me out.

19. sooperb

sooperb New Member

If CT is as good as it seems to be for most folk it might be better doing it than not. You can always get out if you really don't feel it's right. Or perhaps just ice pack your abdomen and gut? It's tricky trying to do the right thing when you're feeling rough. Or maybe just sleep it off and restart tomorrow. Remember this is a journey for life so you don't have to do it all in a day :)

20. sweetsoprano

sweetsoprano New Member

Did do CT. Water was extra cold but felt good. I had to get out early, though -- after about 23 minutes I started having major whole-body shivers. I can do some time again later, though. And I managed not to befoul the water.