1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Welcome to my world...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MrPinkies, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I concur with Inger. Try zero carb for a while and see if that knocks down cravings. There is a difference between exercise and activity. Walk. Walk all you want. It is miraculous. If you can run do a few sprints once or twice a week.

2. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Thanks for the feedback, Dali Dula..

3. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Just committed myself to one month of CT... taken measurements... zero carbs... lets see how this goes!!!! Wish me luck! BBRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Kate - have you thought of really super loading your BAB with only fat and protein before your period?
    A huge BAB really knocked my cravings out in a very short time. I had huge cravings my whole life and was a binge eater that I could not control .... Until I found Dr. K. That is.....

5. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Willing to try! :) I'm up for anything that knocks out cravings... Even though I have knocked out most cravings, sometimes, it's not that I even really want it.. it's knocking out a bad habits that I've had for 30+ years.. lol It's pretty amazing that I've knocked out most of them in less than a year.. :) I love to look back to where I was to remember my journey of how I got here, in this moment... 120+ pounds, gone, forever... equivalent to an adult off of my body.. somehow my brain hasn't caught up to what has happened, especially these past 7 months.. :)

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is only going to get better and better .... We are getting younger - not older! That is my story and I am sticking to it!
    After awhile I realized I don't crave anything anymore .... But giving up fruit was critical for me - made all the difference and that is when my weight started to go down slowly. Fruit is just sugar after all. I have loved apples all my life and it took a few weeks to finally let them go - but now I don't care.

I am also thinking that eggs bother me - nothing overt - but I seem to do better without them.

Just tell me to shut up if I am talking too much on your journal! Get Christopher to start one .... And I will bug him instead!

7. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

HAHAHAH... are you kidding? I love chatting with you!!!! Please.. talk more! I like your story.. something I might adapt to my inner dialogue..

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Autism really resonates with me. Years ago (we had a restaurant in Canada btw). We used to always see a family with two beautiful little boys who were very autistic. My heart always broke for this family. - they struggled in so many ways - their marriage really suffered .... Being around them was like being in a war zone. All these years later I still have a vivid picture in my minds eye of this family and wonder if they survived. The mom was in social services or some such and she could not cope at all. She worked full time and the dad stayed home with the boys.

9. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

It's a tough life.. not gonna lie.. we've struggled.. personally.. in our marriage.. as parents.. we've had some epic failures, but, we've also had some very epic awesomeness too.. I know that I'm at a point where I laugh more than I cry.. I know some families don't ever get to that point.. it's a shame.. because it is a choice.. Chris and I do see the beauty in Autism.. My grandmother, who had a son (my uncle), that was schizophrenic. She told me to love him just the way that he is and try to see the world from his point of view.. She is very right.. He has a brilliant perspective of the world.. a humor beyond his age.. It's hard to understand for people that don't deal with disabilities or diseases... that this journey, in a lot of ways, is a grieving cycle.. have to give up any dream of what we thought it should have been or wanted it to be... I choose to believe that something better is ahead for my family than whatever I have ever dreamed of. :)

BTW... Day 1 of CT... I decided not to be a pussy like my dear ole' hubby (who did a half-assed face dunking) and took a very cold cold cold shower... I lasted 10 mins when he reminded me that baths were easier.. so.. I filled up the bath and sat in there for 10 mins... I learned if I didn't move, that the water felt warm.. :p pretty good for day one??? I think so! BRR.. but I feel AMAZING! Can't wait for tomorrow!

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Last post got me.......to a place I have not been in a while. ......I have to ruminate before I respond.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Life is tough.......by design. Failure should define us. in fact I desire my own failures now. I am dead because I lack desire,
    I lack desire because I think I possess.
    I think I possess because I do not try to give.
    In trying to give, you see that you have nothing;Seeing that you have nothing, you try to give of yourself;
    Trying to give of yourself, you see that you are nothing:Seeing that you are nothing, you desire to become;
    In desiring to become, you begin to live.

Embrace your failures. They should define you.
    The mindset we are our past The past equals the future…….Biography is not our destiny, decision however, shape our destiny, but our current decisions is what determines achievement. Resources do not limit us, but our resourcefulness is the the issue of our failures.

What does failure really do to us......it gets our attention. When we are in the present moment......we listen. Multiple failures will never you violate your gut/your conscience. If you do, you will always regret it. Your spirit knows something your mind may not.

It's only at the precipice that we evolve, only on the brink do we change.

Embrace the panic and chaos of your failures, because of its mere presence in our life, you inspire your own creativity to find your pathway back to health and goodness and subsequently soothe your mind. How did I come to this conclusion about failures? One of the lessons found in human history is that even the deepest crises can be moments of extreme opportunity. They bring us ideas from the fringe of our mind into the mainstream of our daily consciousness.

How do YOU handle failure? It defines you. Do you use its stress to build you or does stress use you and abuse you? It is a natural condition of existence for our species. The dose and our reaction to it define us; however, is where people either adapt well to it or fall apart in life. You are not your circumstances even thoug you think you are......and you are not your perceptions. Your attitude about failure determines how you manage this randomness in life. Managing failures well is when your demands exceed resources, but you still win. When this balance is off long term in your life you pay a biologic toll. When you handle failure well you begin to realize, if there's too much of it and it's not properly managed, it becomes DISTRESS and it can hurt you. The dose of the toxin is the poison. Failure and stress is an adaptive outcome in life. Failure leads to decisions and those choice define our us: It is a compilation of choices in the present. Failure begins to teach is to make decisions that choose peace in our life today not matter the circumstances life deals us..........

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

When I ruminate ....nothing like that comes out .......
    So many words of wisdom and my favorite is .....our past doesn't equal our future.....

13. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Dr Kruse.. that was deep, yo. :) I'm going to let that sink into my brain some more...

At night I think to myself or talk with Chris about our day- that if something didn't end well, next time I will <fill in the blank>... or I learned x, y, and z from this situation.. I think it has made me stronger- in the long run.. sometimes somethings knock me down for a longer period, but, generally I get through them... learn from it.. and move onward and upward!

14. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Day 2 of CT...

I started out with a shower and then again decided on a bath again... I might have another bath tonight.. 55 degrees is COLD! brrrrrr.... but either way.. I get out and feel amazing!

I picked up some bitter melon.. We shall see how that goes! but.. if anyone knows where in the CT blogs it talks about the bitter melon, I would appreciate it.. :)

tomorrow is weigh in day.. we shall see how it goes!

15. Coriander

Coriander Silver

From http://www.jackkruse.com/the-evolution-of-the-leptin-rx/

I usually will do my training in the AM at sunrise or at night fall after dinner. I do not recommend trying this on an empty stomach. In the beginning of my adaptation, I also used Bitter Melon extract to cold adapt. The reason is that bitter melon appears to be quite effective at causing formation of BAT from WAT especially in T2D or those with metabolic syndrome. No one knows why it really works. However, I believe it is has to do with the simultaneous loss of adiponectin and leptin from fat cells with the simultaneous induction of Irisin from the cold stimulus on the skin and subcutaneous fat.

In the comments:

Mr D: How much bitter melon? Extract or whole herb? When did you take it?

Jack · 66 weeks ago:

@Mr. D I used 600 mgs twice a day. It goes by the name Karela or Momordica Charantia as well.

16. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Thanks Coriander!

17. Dextery

Dextery New Member

Bitter melon is available in most Asian stores. I use it on my salads. It has a unique taste/flavor that is bitey but not objectionable.

18. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Thanks Dextery!

19. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Day 3 of CT... I'm starting to love it.. in a very weird way.. Bitter melon makes me feel weird.. not sick or anything like that.. but.. my body feels heated... not really sure what to make of it... at this point.. I am hoping to see a bigger change in the scale soon!

I've been thinking a LOT about the topic of failure.. (Thanks JK).. it has consumed my thoughts... It's interesting that I've realized that I haven't thought about failure in a long time.. my thoughts go to strength and ability... mainly because there has been so much hype around my "huge" weight loss.. Apparently, I've joined this 100 plus pounds lost club.. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that I have lost the amount of fat off of my body.. Even when I go shopping.. I automatically go to the plus size section, even though, nothing there will fit me.. The last time I went shopping, my cousin in law was like the the hell are you doing Kate? We find clothing over here silly! My mind, thought process, has changed to such a positive outlook.. and I look back, knowing that I was in a very dark place in my life.. and honestly, I don't even remember it.. I just remember it was a dark time.. Realizing that I couldn't lose weight and being so frustrated, especially since my husband could drop weight at the drop of a hat. My only failure that I wish I could go and have a re-do- is to hold onto a job.. I'm very so misunderstood a lot.. Autism shoe fits.. what else could I say?

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Kate - have you thought of writing all your thoughts in a book? all your successes and failures .... you write very well ... you had me at hello!

Tell us more about why you think you can't keep a job.......You are a very smart and motivated woman. Was your weight holding you back? I know mine sure did ... complete lack of self confidence for a long time.

Sometimes I think we only see our successes in retrospect - it takes awhile for everything to click I think.

I still pick up and sometimes even buy clothes that are way, way too big - can't get my ahead around my size. I have a picture of me and my daughter - who is tall and thin and a girl that worked for us who was tiny and gorgeous. I always thought that I was way bigger but when I looked at the picture - I was by far the smallest. I look at this picture every once in a while to remind myself. It seems to be really hard to process this stuff......

Give yourself time - you are going to get there - no question about that.