1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Welcome to my world...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MrPinkies, Apr 27, 2013.

1. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Heck, I couldn't afford them either....found a king set 20 g cheap, split it up between 3 people, all are sleeping much better. Will be purchasing more as soon as I can. I will definitely say that I am sleeping better....for that it was worth it. I never had sleep issues til a few years ago so I am thrilled. That was all I needed.

2. Christopher

Christopher New Member

Wow, you've been busy in your journal here. It took me a while to catch up. lol. Here goes my two cents on a couple of things that caught my attention.

I think Jack is saying that the "cure" for autism happens long before pregnancy. As the autism community already knows early intervention is best, but I don't think they have considered the before pregnancy part. What we can do now (after conception and birth) will not completely reverse the autism, but will improve the symptoms to some extent depending on the individual case.

From my perspective, I am aware that I do not process most social interactions intuitively. That part of my brain was never developed correctly. I have to process most of my social interactions cognitively. Meaning that I have to consciously think about things like body language and tone of voice. It takes up so much of the resources of my mind figuring out what the other person is doing, that I don't often even consider my own body language. And Lord help me if I'm trying to interact with more than one person at a time. lol. This is an often frustrating and tiring experience, which was also a large contributing factor in my social anxiety disorder, general anxiety, and depression.

Since starting the Leptin Rx, I have much more energy. I am able to think more clearly, and process information faster. I also have had a great reduction in anxiety, irritability, and depression. My social interactions are still not intuitive, but my cognitive processing is much quicker and easier now. Thus the root of my autism is still there, but the symptoms are lessened. The improvement I have at my age, is more than I ever expected from life. (Although, since finding Jack Kruse, my expectations have raised.) And my hope is that for children who are younger, the improvements can be even greater. Maybe it is possible that having adequate energy, their brains will rewire to the extent that the autism diagnosis is no longer applicable.

On to what you said about the difference between you an my mother. Yes you are both on opposite sides of most political and religious topics, but there has to be more at play than your different upbringings. Remember, I was raised to be a closed minded, backwards thinking individual myself. And I was such for many years. Until my experience with Jesus. I won't go into the Jesus part here. Instead I will go into my insight into the freeing of my mind. I have found in my life that whenever I accept something that is not true as truth, I become bound to that mindset. But to the contrary, whenever I accept something true as truth, I gain some kind of new freedom. There were many truths I learned around that time, including my diagnosis of asperger's syndrome. When I accepted those truths, I was able to see that much of what I had believed previous to then was potentially false. I had probable cause to question every belief I held in my mind. And that was pure freedom of mind.

Fast forward to now. I find some information from Jack Kruse, and accept it as truth, and then what happens? Freedom of health. But this was only possible by having a having a free mind.

That's all for now. I better get off this terrible machine that consumes my free time. Lizzie and I need to go connect to the earth and absorb some sun.

3. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Wow, Christopher and Lizzie, what an amazing story you both have....what are those close to you saying about the changes they are witnessing?

4. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Caroline, I wish you were my MIL!!!!!!

Though mine is wonderful otherwise, she and my FIL just don't get it when it comes to food. She is a wonderful cook, loves her grandkids to death, but drives me nuts with her "aghhhh, it won't kill them" attitude, i.e. the kids are still eating their dessert and fruit, following a multi course meal, while she digs in the freezer for those popsicles and half an hour later asks if they are hungry.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Posts like this are why I still do this....................

6. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Dr. K... I hope that these posts keep coming in so that you continue to do what you are doing! :D

If you effect just one person , it is worth it , but you have effected so many.... god bless you and your family........

7. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I'm Kate.. Lizzie is our daughter.. :) (I knew you didn't know that, but, just for clarity) They had a great Daddy/Daughter day today.. :)

So.. we have a mixed bag of reviews... The schools that work with Ryan, day in and day out, are VERY impressed... They called a week or so ago to ask what we were doing differently.. Apparently, they feel as if he is starting to pay more attention to the kids around him.. and his language is picking up... In addition, they want to mainstream him (with an aid) into first grade for next year. The conversation that we had with the school in January was that Ryan was going to repeat Kindergarten in the ASD classroom- first grade AND mainstreaming were NOT an option.

Close friends are supportive..

One set of grandparents rarely see the children, but, are supportive and say "do what works".. Pretty awesome feeling coming from a one of them that is a primary care doc... but the other grandparents feel like we are putting our children in harms way... which upsets me a LOT.

There are many other ASD families that have called me crazy and told me that it is too hard to maintain or get all of their families on board with it..

Whatever excuse they want to give.. I want to just say how much EASIER my life is... how much HAPPIER our lives are... it would be even better if the set of grandparents that see and want to see our kids the most were on board.. but.. we handle that the best we can- supervised visits.. It is what it is..

It's funny.. I know this has turned into a thing about Autism.. but.. in my own life.. the happiness of shedding all these pounds... I remember parking as close to the building I could.. and figuring out how many steps it takes to get into the building.. so I wouldn't get tired to do what I had to do... My moods have stabilized.. I have energy and focus... I SLEEP!! This woman LOVES to sleep!! lol My cycles are regular and manageable.. (correcting my PCOS)...

So many blessings.. cutting through the BS as it comes... makes life interesting and fun, right? :) I just feel life coming to a place where it needs to be.. and where I want it to be... I've spent too much time wishing, rather than doing... and now that I'm doing.. I'm having success!

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Totally agree .... we have all grown and learned so much the last couple of years..... a huge thanks from me too.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Christopher and Kate ..... you are so inspiring ....it overwhelms me how you have taken Jack's words/protocols and run with them....when others are busy picking apart all the words ...you have just got on with it and look what you have accomplished.
    You both have such tenacity and bravery and kindness and love ... you are a force to be reckoned with. We will be hearing from both of you for many years to come .... and your children -WOW ....I can't even fathom what their wonderful accomplishments will be because of you both. I feel really proud and greatly enriched to be reading all of this from everyone who has posted in Kate's journal.

Christopher - do you have a journal ... or are you poaching in your wife's????

10. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

DSCN16301.jpg

Today was a day for the books....

As described in other posts... sensory issues... feet off the ground.. feeling different textures... different smells... new smells.. eyes, ears, mouth, nose, fingers, and toes....

Ryan has been in a mainstream classroom for a few weeks now, with an aid... Today, I got to go with him and his class to "the real farm"... I brought along his sound proofing ear wear (which he wore the entire time).. took the teacher and staff at the farm a half hour to get Ryan on the horse.. but.. HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Christopher

Christopher New Member

LOL, I guess I did poach her journal. I didn't mean to, just figured it was about time for me to make some comments to support her, but ended up going off on my own rant. I blame the asperger's, lol. But on a serious note, I think about this stuff to a level that's almost (or maybe is) obsessive. I'm all thoughts, but she has been the one who makes things actionable (and reasonable) for us as a family. Without Kate, I would just be complaining about how everything is all wrong and there's better ways. She is key in making the better ways possible and sustainable for the four of us. In other words, understanding/following Jack's words/protocols is a team effort.

12. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Thanks Kate....this last episode was very eye opening and you are so right, he made a bad choice not me and he does need to learn to channel his anger. Thanks for saying so...it helped to hear that!

I actually got a little filled up when I read Chris' post because he described my brother to a T. My brother has an Aspergers diagnosis also. He is so smart and kind and funny and you can tell he has to work so hard in social situations that it exhausts him. His diet is terrible...I have tried 1000 times to get him to change but he always reverts back to high sugar diet...it is destroying his body and makes his mind so fogged and unclear.

Thanks so much for your kind and helpful words :)

I am in VA but dont worry about the resources....you have your hands full and my family wont listen to me if I shared it anyway. Take care dear :)

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

These posts all bring tears to my eyes....... tears of joy because of all this incredible intereaction .......and all because Dr. Kruse wanted to be a better man and Doctor and wanted to share his thoughts with all of us......I wouldn't miss all this for anything!

14. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

One thing came to mind was that.. For a long time, I didn't believe that food and or drink would change anything about Autism.. How could it??!?!? It sounded silly! One day a year or so ago, a friend of mine asked if I drank wine.. and I said I had in the past, but, I don't drink anymore.. She said.. well.. you've had one too many glasses of wine before.. and I said yes.. well what happened? and I said that I got drunk.. she said, RIGHT! your behavior changed! It clicked! It finally clicked in my brain that it was a possibility.. Then came the natural response to research.. Didn't take long to find JK's website.. and then my husband went extreme and changed up everything on us.. Took us a while, and a lot of fights, to get somewhere in the middle for a compromise that we are both happy with.. as he said- team effort! :)

Point is that it took time to figure out that food and drink can help or make something worse..

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  15. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

nonchalant: 601845_575706292448539_1256526576_n.jpg

16. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Yeah its unreal. I am a kid that grew up on margarine, had skim milk in my cereal. We had snackwells cookies and my mom was forever doing some kind of liquid diet of shakes. All because that was what my mom was told by doctors was healthier choices. Doctors have so much power and so many of them take for granted just what that means to thousands of people that put their faith in them. If I had listened to docs I shudder to think where I'd be right now....most likely in a wheelchair, with little cognitive function, on a ton of meds. Sometimes i still get the urge to go back and wring some necks. The most frightening part is that these docs truly believe they are doing right by people and giving them the best advice they can.

Its kind of funny..I was scrolling through my kindle last night and saw the whole progression of my health in the books I had read....The Ultramind Solution, The Blood Type Diet, The China Study, Crazy Sexy Diet, a few by Natalia Rose, Brendan Brazier (the vegan triathlete), Robb Wolfe....then finally Dr Kruse. I can not wait for my success to be visible on the outside so people will really listen to what I have to say about all of this health bullshit. I am in the process of becoming a nurse practitioner so I can practice this doctrine and truly give back to others what I have gotten from Dr Kruse.

17. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I think you would make a wonderful nurse practitioner!!!!! :)

I always look for the oldest doctor out of the bunch.. 9 times out of 10, they are very old school... they ask and listen before just whipping out the ole' prescription pad.. lol

18. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

So... this past week.. I've been kinda stressed out over stupid stuff.. and.. I caved into my weakness- starbucks.. yummy chocolate frap made with heavy cream... Of course, one thing that I have learned in my weight loss journey is that my body is extremely sensitive to sugar.. If I go anywhere near 30g of carbs in one day, my weight goes up.. it's just a given.. tested this theory many times (Hence why I'm not at my goal weight yet).. and this is just how my body reacts.. Might I just add.. it kinda sucks that my body is this way?? Yes, my weight on the scale has come to a complete halt and its going up and down and up and down. I know why.. just sucks that sometimes I completely cave in and do it anyways.. The thing that I wanted to point out is my inner self conversation went something like this... "ugh Kate.. what are you doing?? this is filled with JUNK!!! well.. yummy junk.. no no stop... oh my god.. so delicious... drink on sister! You MrPinkies are despicable..How could you do that to your body??" so on... I have these fights.. and sometimes my brain wins and I stop myself.. and other times.. I say screw it.. I really want this... and.. instead of using my carb intake on veggies or whatever... I spent it on.. starbucks...

Have you found your body to be this "sensitive" to carbs????

On a positive note.. progress is made... I'm learning.. and that's the point... I used to order pizza two to three times a week with a daily candy bar (again, sugar addict that I was)... now I'm down to a starbucks mocha frap once or twice a month...

Last... I've made a few goals...

Number one... I'm going in for a physical appointment with my doc and getting some blood work done... It's time.. I haven't done it in a few years.. tetanus shot- yes or no?

and Number two.. I want to start trying out CT again and stick with it...

and Number three.. I really really really want to start jogging again ---> 5K... I want to do a 5K... now.. last year.. I fractured my tibia, right at the knee (I was around 280lbs).. but.. I need to get over this fear.. I'm 100lbs lighter.. and I just really want to do this.. I feel like I should be exercising.. Should I be exercising? Chris says that CT is exercising... not sure how to feel about that... Opinions? Thoughts??

19. Inger

Inger Silver

I feel great and I do zero exercise..lol But if you really feel like it? But I am not sure if you still have carb cravings... I have none myself. I can eat only meat and fat and I feel so happy about it. I never crave carbs. I never eat crap either. I think I start to love my body and it does lot love crap. I love the taste of meat and fish too. I just had some raw oysters for dinner while others were eating ice and crap in a party downstairs.. and i chewed on this sweet oysters and man was it delish. I could not believe how good it tasted!!! One thought come into my brain.. how on earth could anyone rather want ice cream.. instead of this holy tasting oyster, yummy beyond imagination...

Later I went downstairs and my brother asked, Inger don't you want some of this ice cream here or sausages? Or cocktail? they are so yummy! I said loud so everyone could hear; Oh no thanks! I do not eat poison! Those destroys the brain and I need to heal mine.. thank you. But not everyone want a healthy brain so for them those food might be great! I guess I am cruel but I always say this. They know me. My wellbeing is so sweet to me I never want to lose that!

I really think CT is the best exercise. Maybe do some heavy lifting 1 minute few times / week and some barefoot walking on the grass or in the forest / on the beach? I think jogging is not the best exercise anyways.

20. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

That is something my husband would do... HHAHAHAHAHAH... lol Deep down.. you are one of my heros Inger.. :)

Well.. screw the jogging... CT it is then.. :)

Inger- no veggies for you then? just meat and fat??

I think the carb cravings go hand in hand with my cycle...