1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Welcome to my world...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MrPinkies, Apr 27, 2013.

1. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Oh Caroline, thanks for asking....he is great......just trying to tone down the attitude but that is very common in cancer kids as they are put in a position to be brave, bluff it as well as being surrounded by us adults for many years . i still think there is something that I can do to help with this as it may turn into a negative for him in the future...Dr. Tim Jackson and 23andme snps will hopefully help to guide me through it all and make him better than if I did nothing. Dr. K mentioned about having his kids test their future significant others?.........I have three with those S.O.'s , did it as a gift last year, had to, and they will all be educated along the way. Testing will only get cheaper and more extensive in the future I believe. I have tried to be the best advocate for my kid that I possibly could w/o having Child services called in......my take.....don't mess with mama, or mama is gonna mess with you.....lol

2. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

sending love and positive thoughts your way... give your kiddos a big hug for me.. :)

3. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Mr Pinkies, thank you

"You never know how strong you can be until being strong is the only option you have left. So, just keep your head up and keep moving forward."

You said it all for me.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Lioness has an amazing bunch of kids - I always remember the video you sent me - please share that with the others here. I have never forgotten that and it was probably a year ago??
    You definitely have an inspiring story - I think you told it to me in a pm - please share that with others too.....

You are such an advocate for your child - just as Mr.Pinkies and others here .....why are we so different?

5. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Different? in what way?

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think we are different because .... I always listened to whatever anyone had to say - no matter how "out there" or left of centre. I never took "no" for an answer .... I would always turn over every rock looking for answers ...I would never, ever give up...
    I think most everyone here - especially those who have stuck with JK - are the same [and yet very different]... we would never give up ....
    I wish I could articulate that better ... maybe our DNA is different? I know I was always very different from the people I knew ..... mostly because I would never give up - that was never a possibility. I feel that most people give up way too easy .... they never really get in the game...

7. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

MrPinkies , I think Caroline meant "different" by "most people give up way to easy". I would add to that , many don't even try.

Caroline, you sound a lot like me.

8. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I think people do what they know how to do.. they stick to the beliefs.. For example, my mother in law is literally stuck in the 1920's.. her thinking is still back there... which also leads to a lot of other different issues too.. but.. the point is.. her background in growing up and my background growing up are very very very different from each other... she sticks to what she knows and wants to believe... Me.. I am a curious monkey.. I like learning new things.. I like the idea that my beliefs about the world, change as I learn new information.. I'm open to these things and discussing.. I hate over-all big changes, but, soon enough, the dusts settles and I grow some more.. :)

As far as my kids go, however, I am a BEAST when it comes to them... Everyone thought I was crazy... until, of course, the gaps in the skills were very noticeable.. I still to this day hold a small dose of anger.. but.. nothing is to become in between me and getting what my kids need... and maybe.. it's for very selfish reasons... or.. maybe it's the reason I don't want to live life feeling that I need to literally out live my kids so I know they are taken care of... with me.. it's get with the program and on board with what is going on.. or get the F out of my way..

In all honesty, however, because if I don't point this out, my husband will for me.. (I'm takin' the fun out of this for him.. lol).. I disagreed with JK for a while.. but.. it was because I wasn't educated about what the meaning behind his words were (context) or it was because I didn't understand his language (thank God for my husband to explain things to me)... Something about never taking a class in biochemistry that would have been helpful.. among others... lol Sometimes.. saying things out loud.. it just sounds crazy and so against the grain of what we were taught.. Pushing through that barrier and seeing AMAZING progress.. I am a believer.. Seeing progress and re-discussing thoughts of different blog posts. webinars, radio interviews, etc...

Eventually, I made up my mind to jump in with two feet and give it all I got... never going back to the old ways.. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

FULLY agree... It's crap though... this stuff makes life easier... when to eat.. what to eat... rules.. I love them... lol change your light bulbs to fix this.. done.. ok.. I think the majority just doesn't try... it's sad.. because the answer is THAT simple.. (in my humble opinion)

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Did I ever tell you that I was born and lived in Toronto and then Guelph for many years? I think you are north of Toronto?
    It would be an absolute honour to be even a little like you .....and Mr. Pinkies....where did that name come from BTW???

11. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Yup, north of TO, must be something in the air for us...lol! Where are you now?

Mr.P...same question as Caroline , since of course we know you are not a MR.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't even think that it has anything to do with age. When our kids were little we had a wonderful babysitter who was in her seventies. she was always reading and learning even tho her eyesight was poor. She was just such a lovely person and very forward thinking - not stuck in a time warp at all.
    I think maybe some people are just open to life and take it all in and absorb and enjoy.and laugh and love.....

13. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Well, I'm from Michigan...

and... my name.. long long long story short.. back in 99/2000 when Chris and I started dating.. we would get together.. and I would ask him- so.. what are we going to do tonight? and his reply.. same thing we do every night Pinky..

for kicks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX8A2j3jDqg

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am in Australia ....Wollongong - just south of Sydney. Many, many years ago I had a boyfriend from North To - Maple...does that sound right? His father was an auctioneer. My father helped to break in the land that became the Holland Marsh.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

That was fun! Can I call you "Pinkie" from now on????

16. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Oh my, I live half a mile south of the Marsh. ANd yes there is a place called Maple about 15 mins south.....

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Lioness .... how are you doing with your magnetico???

18. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

sure

and Lioness- yes.. tell me about the magnetico... we can't afford them.. but.. we REALLY want them!!!

19. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

oops.. bedtime friends... be back tomorrow!

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

nite nite ...xo