1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Welcome to my world...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MrPinkies, Apr 27, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is always great to hear from both of you ......you are both very articulate and great fun to read :)

2. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

No prob!

What I HIGHLY suggest doing is to go to Myfitnesspal.com. Create your profile. You can adjust the carb intake to 5 or 10% (I HIGHLY suggest no more than 30 carbs a day). My user name is Mrpinkies on there too.. Come find me and add me as a friend, and you can read though all of my daily food intake. My food hasn't really changed.. I kinda stick with the same foods.. If you have any questions, let me know! I have lots o recipes too! :)

Basically, you want to get as much fat and protein (50-75g) as you can stuff yourself with in the morning ASAP.. 4-5 hours in between 3 meals, drinking 1-2 cups of spring water an hour.. I tried 2 meals a day and I couldn't do it.. I got too cranky and tired.. and last, make sure you eat 4-5 hours before bed.. I usually get around 2 gals of water per day.. Do NOT cheat.. just don't do it.. remind yourself if you cheat, its two weeks to get back on track and who wants that? Well, I've gone off track before.. it's a bitch.. lol When you record what you eat, especially in the beginning, you are more mindful.. I think JK called it the Hawthorne Effect.. Lunch is more of a snack.. and Dinner is dinner.. The more you get rid of the JUNK (premade by human hands), the better your success is going to be.. If it comes from an animal or plant from the ground, you are probably A-OK.. *wink* except for corn.. Corn is the devils spawn.. LOL along with the rest of the grains.. :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Hey Kate! I just signed up for the my fitness pal...can you friend me, cuz I cant figure it out..lol. My user name is cantweight726

I cracked up when it told me I need to eat 1500 calories a day and 210 carbs! Ive been down that road before! Reminds me of my weight watchers days when they told me to add a medium vanilla milkshake once a week to up my weightloss!! ha ha!!

But it does look like the perfect spot to track my carbs...thanks for the tip!

Having some crazy issues with my youngest so I need to become much more rigid in his diet. I always give in at birthday parties and let him have cake...this last fall out made even him realize it's not worth it. He wouldnt stop screaming the other night and his OCD stuff flared. He was so crazed I was frightened by him and for him. It was a week ago that he had cake and he is still not himself yet. His gut is just a freaking land mine i can not screw around with. He is so delicate its hard to tell what throws him off balance. I am re-reading all the gut blogs, the tourettes blog and trying harder to do right by him.

you continue to be my inspiration! thank you :)

4. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

YAY! I'm glad you found me! LOVE this website because you can adjust to whatever you want!

What we do for birthday parties is we make our own cake/cupcakes with almond or coconut flour! That way, they are eating something awesome and sweet with everyone else, but, not completely falling off the wagon, ya know? :)

http://paleospirit.com/2012/paleo-chocolate-birthday-cake-coconut-honey-frosting/

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2235970

My kids honestly like the blueberry "cake" better.. we use heavy cream to make whipping cream like frosting.. :)

5. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

6. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Thanks so much! I'm getting ready to look you both up now!!

7. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Ok I added you and cantweight on fitnesspal. Cantweight I sent you an awkward message that may have sounded like I was hitting on you but I wasn't. LOL!!!!!

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Oh .... that could be fun......;)

9. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Mr. pinkies I'm going to have to start eating lunch. I do a BAB around 6:30 and that gets me by until about 1 and then I get grumpy. I should probably eat more fat too at breakfast. I thought I was drinking a lot of spring water but no way is it two gallons! For veggies I do spinach, onions, zucchini and squash, mushrooms, and green beans. I'm afraid to eat too many veggies because of the carbs. Definitely avoiding corn even though I love it lol.

10. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Well I told her she was pretty and then told her I wanted to get together because we're practically neighbors. Ha!

11. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Eat more BACON!

12. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I can tell you that is NO problem for me lol!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Annie ... ask Mr. Pinkies [Kate] what her husband's handle is here ...she has a vested interest!

14. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Now I'm intrigued...

15. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

hahahahahahaa.... vested interest.. LOL awesome...

16. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Ha! Annie you kill me...lol. I look forward to getting together too :)

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Can I join you guys??? I could be the "mother" figure.........

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I will bring my black lace board shorts ;)

19. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Of course but I think you are more of a "wild child"...lol!

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

it just occurred to me ....Mothers don'e wear black lace board shorts.....I must be living in another/alternate dimension...crap!