1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Welcome to my world...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MrPinkies, Apr 27, 2013.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

there was also a free spreecast last night with Gretchen as the host

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

4. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Hi friends!

Summer is coming to a close here and I am really starting to understand how the seasons are going to play out with me... Bring on Autumn- big red, orange and yellow leaves on the trees, cooler temps, and kiddos back to school (its been a looooooong summer lol)!

First, however, a toast... To Jack Kruse.. I MADE IT! I made a full year commitment to the leptin reset. It wasn't easy, but, my drive to achieve this- unstoppable especially once I understood the thought behind the madness. You have changed my life in SO many ways. You have changed my family's life in SO many ways. I'm close to 140 pounds loss, husband lost around 50-60 pounds, and last, both kids and husband's Autism symptoms are.. 98% of the time- mild and manageable and every day it seems to get that much better!! I have never, until now, pictured my son in a mainstream classroom!! Pure miracle how far we have come in one year! We look forward to the blessed years we have ahead of us! Thank you!

In other news.. I have been a stay at home Mom for the past 6 years (almost 7).. Since I have lost the majority of my weight, I've been thinking... what now? what's next? What's the next big goal in life going to be? What can I do? What will make my heart soar??? From when I was 2 - 18, I was a ballet dancer. I took a 10 year break due to injury, getting married, having babies, gaining 160 lbs, etc etc etc... I've gone back to several classes now.. kinda like riding a bike- the body never forgets! I was asked if I wanted to work on taking my teachers exam!!! Apparently my dream of just going back and taking a class or two wasn't a big enough dream!! lol

5. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Hi friends!

Summer is coming to a close here and I am really starting to understand how the seasons are going to play out with me... Bring on Autumn- big red, orange and yellow leaves on the trees, cooler temps, and kiddos back to school (its been a looooooong summer lol)!

First, however, a toast... To Jack Kruse.. I MADE IT! I made a full year commitment to the leptin reset. It wasn't easy, but, my drive to achieve this- unstoppable especially once I understood the thought behind the madness. You have changed my life in SO many ways. You have changed my family's life in SO many ways. I'm close to 140 pounds loss, husband lost around 50-60 pounds, and last, both kids and husband's Autism symptoms are.. 98% of the time- mild and manageable and every day it seems to get that much better!! I have never, until now, pictured my son in a mainstream classroom!! Pure miracle how far we have come in one year! We look forward to the blessed years we have ahead of us! Thank you!

In other news.. I have been a stay at home Mom for the past 6 years (almost 7).. Since I have lost the majority of my weight, I've been thinking... what now? what's next? What's the next big goal in life going to be? What can I do? What will make my heart soar??? From when I was 2 - 18, I was a ballet dancer. I took a 10 year break due to injury, getting married, having babies, gaining 160 lbs, etc etc etc... I've gone back to several classes now.. kinda like riding a bike- the body never forgets! I was asked if I wanted to work on taking my teachers exam!!! Apparently my dream of just going back and taking a class or two wasn't a big enough dream!! lol

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Congratulations! It is wonderful to hear how well you are all doing.

A ballet teacher sounds like a fantastic career to pursue. Wishing you all the best!

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

MrP.....fantastic update! You and your family have created an amazing year....and you are just getting started it seems....congratulations!

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Pinkie, that is GREAT! One full year on the Leptin Rx, and 140 pounds down. Plus I imagine other health improvements.
    I imagine the household is running much smoother since everyone is eating right, and minding the circadian rhythm. Wonderful news!

11. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Ahhh, wonderful :) You have been on my mind...I am so proud of you and happy for you. Enjoy every pirouette....you earned it :)

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

What a wonderful update! You are one strong, motivated woman. I wish you so much happiness and joy and peace.....thanks for sharing so much with us. Good luck with your new career and stretching your boundaries. Suck the heck out of life....

I can't wait to see what the next year brings for all of us.....

Has Christopher fallen off the planet????

13. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

So happy for you and your family, out of curiosity have you or your family been getting tested for metals? I've just been reading about how autistic kids have difficulty getting rid of metals so they build up in the brain. However if they're shielded from EMFs the metals start coming out on their own.

http://www.dirtyelectricity.ca/autism_and_emf.htm

14. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Did it really only take you a year to lose all that weight? I need to lose about 130 and it would be great if I could do it in a year.

15. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Hi Annie! No, it took me a year and a half. I still have another 20-30 lbs to go. Here's the thing, you didn't gain it in one year, you probably won't lose it all in one year. I tried my BEST to stick to the leptin reset as much as possible, but, the further I got into it the more I realized that I had to do more than just the reset. CT is important.. Seasons and timing of meals are important.. I barely lost anything this summer because of carbs (fruit) around the house.. The coolest thing, though, PERFECT time to start! Fall time/ winter time was when I lose the most and FAST.

Good luck and let me know if you need help! :)

16. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Well congratulations to you on losing all that weight and getting even closer to optimal! I can't wait until I can get rid of this "extra person" I'm carrying around! I saw your pictures and you look fantastic. I carry my weight differently (all in the gut) so I can only hope to look as good as you when I'm all done! The doctor says I need to get down to 200 lbs to have a "safe" pregnancy.

Thanks for the tips and thanks for putting your journey out there to inspire all of us.

17. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

TRUST your doctor when they say that they want you under 200 lbs for a safe pregnancy!!! I got over 300 lbs with both pregnancies and there were many many many complications that could have been avoided.. The pregnancies were difficult.. I was BEYOND tired. and my poor hips, back, and knees- just the strain from the extra weight that I gained and had already!! Not to mention that I ended up with c-sections.

You can do it lady! Jump in with two feet and give it 100% and before you know it- you'll be dropping 1-2 lbs a day! It's addicting, but, at the same time, it was (for me anyway) a serious REHAB.. and then.. you'll notice a HUGE difference in mood and the way you feel.. Your clothing will fit better.. Shopping will become fun again- I can definitely promise you that! You'll be breathing this lifestyle without even thinking about it any more.. Then everyone in your world will ask you how you dropped the weight quickly and not a single person will like your answer.. but.. that's ok.. not your problem.. Do this for YOU.. it's YOUR HEALTH.. YOUR BODY... I do not do this to become skinny anymore.. Although, in honesty, that was the goal in the beginning.. but.. if I can avoid cancer and etc.. and live a very long life! AMEN SISTER! that is what I am doing! lol

Question... HOW BAD DO YOU WANT THIS???? This isn't something you can half ass.. well.. you could.. and I have at times.. but.. that's why it has taken me so long.. Let me make this mistake for you! :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  18. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

So... Thank you SOOOO very much for the article!

We have not been tested for metals, no.. but.. we have done a LOT in regards to EMF in our home.. We have replaced all the light bulbs with warm yellow, amber, orange, and red.. We sold our tv, iPad, cell phones.. we have computers, but, they are hard-wired and 6' away from the monitor.. With the ketogenic diet in addition to, we have done a LOT of detoxing.. lol It's our plan to spend some of our tax return next year for meters, etc.. We would LOVE to get some mattresses, but, with our income, it's something we are going to have to save for a few years for..

19. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Hahahahaa... well.. yes.. he's been busy.. reading lots and lots of books these days and enjoying the sun and the last lil bit of summer.. He'll be back soon I'm sure! :D

20. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Mr. Pinkies,

Could you give me a rundown of what you would eat in a typical day when you were losing so much? I have been following the protocol and reading more about EMF and CT. I can't CT yet because I get those hives when ice is on my skin. Were you doing the EMF or CT protocols when you lost your weight or was that something you incorporated in later? I'm doing my best to limit EMF but my situation at home is tough. My husband is in IT and we have a ton of technology in the house. We have wireless everything and hard wired computers in the bedroom across from ours. I do have an iPad for work but I'm trying to limit how much I use that. I mainly use it in the kitchen when I look up recipes or something, but not too much in bed. Replacing light bulbs is a no-go according to my husband because he doesn't want amber bulbs. So I just try to minimize the lamps we have turned on in the evening and buy lower watt bulbs. It's all I can do for now. Luckily I don't watch too much TV and I'm actually thinking about canceling our DirecTV when the contract is up next month. That will save us some money at least.

Thanks for your help and sorry for so many questions. :)