1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Weird salt question

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Aerose91, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

For point of reference I am a lyme/CIRS/adrenal fatigue guy. Amongst many things, i have a sensitive relationship with salt. I have to do regular detoxing (IR saunas, epsom salt baths, coffee enemas) to keep me upright but if i don't take in enough electrolytes beforehand, particularly salt, it unleashes hell on me. My thinking will slow down, mood plummets, i become irritable, lights get brighter, i become an emotional trainwreck.
    The more dehydrated i get, the more sensitive i am to electrolyte levels and balances. If i detoxed too much and try to take in a lot of salt to rehydrate i will get absurd levels of anxiety, diarrhea, excessive urination. The crazy thing is that once that's triggered, it can last for months.
    Nothing I've done over the past 3 years has improved this but i honestly don't even know what the cause is. I know it's a long shot but just putting it out there to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Ed note: when i brought this up to my doctor he tested my ADH and osmolality. My ADH has always been low or low-normal and my osmolality has always been normal

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  2. Quantum1

Quantum1 New Member

you mention salt.... are you using regular table salt? Using real sea salt you can take up to 25 grams per day or more. Roman soldiers consumed well over 25 grams per day.

3. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Celtic sea salt or if im in some random health food store i may pick up a different unrefined sea salt. Never table salt

Antonis likes this.